[TOOL] Task 29 (format internal Memory) without drivers, without mtty.

Search This thread

3volution

May 25, 2010
I sure hope someone here can help me.
I was given this TP2 from step son and asked to flash a new ROM on it,which I have dozens of times before I gave it to him.
I tried to flash DeepShining X13.23152 | 21916 ● Rhod 2.07 Sense 2.5.2021 ROM.
The phone will not boot up out of TP2 bootscreen.
I tried Task29 from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=700453 & then tried flashing the ROM again with same results.
Stuck on boot loader screen.
Could someone please help me along as what I need to do?
The bad thing is,I wasn't aware the phone was never updated since I had it last summer and then I try to flash new ROM with different build than what was on there.
Please help!?

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
I sure hope someone here can help me.
I was given this TP2 from step son and asked to flash a new ROM on it,which I have dozens of times before I gave it to him.
I tried to flash DeepShining X13.23152 | 21916 ● Rhod 2.07 Sense 2.5.2021 ROM.
The phone will not boot up out of TP2 bootscreen.
I tried Task29 from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=700453 & then tried flashing the ROM again with same results.
Stuck on boot loader screen.
Could someone please help me along as what I need to do?
The bad thing is,I wasn't aware the phone was never updated since I had it last summer and then I try to flash new ROM with different build than what was on there.
Please help!?

I would venture a guess that you are flashing GSM ROMs to your CDMA TP2. Are I mistaken? You can check this, if you are uncertain, by removing the battery, and looking at the label on the device in the battery slot. There should be a model number in the form of RHODxxx, where "xxx" is a three-digit number. Post that model number, and we can guide you further.

3volution

May 25, 2010
I would venture a guess that you are flashing GSM ROMs to your CDMA TP2. Are I mistaken? You can check this, if you are uncertain, by removing the battery, and looking at the label on the device in the battery slot. There should be a model number in the form of RHODxxx, where "xxx" is a three-digit number. Post that model number, and we can guide you further.

There's absolutely nothing on that label about RHODxxx?
But on tri color screen is RHOD400?

That's all I see?

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement

That's all I see?

Just, so you know for the future, the model number is normally right above the gray portion of the label above the bar code for the IMEI number. Either way, RHOD400 is a CDMA device. Even if you use it on a GSM network, you must always remember to use CDMA tools for it. You have flashed the GSM version of the task29 tool and a GSM ROM. Head over to the CDMA portion of this forum and the task29 tool there that is specifically for your device. You may also want to think about joining PPC Geeks forum. There is considerably more going on over on that site with CDMA devices than here on XDA. Just a thought.

Just keep in mind that GSM and CDMA tools are not interchangeable and you will be just fine in the future.

Reactions: 3volution

3volution

May 25, 2010
Just, so you know for the future, the model number is normally right above the gray portion of the label above the bar code for the IMEI number. Either way, RHOD400 is a CDMA device. Even if you use it on a GSM network, you must always remember to use CDMA tools for it. You have flashed the GSM version of the task29 tool and a GSM ROM. Head over to the CDMA portion of this forum and the task29 tool there that is specifically for your device. You may also want to think about joining PPC Geeks forum. There is considerably more going on over on that site with CDMA devices than here on XDA. Just a thought.

Just keep in mind that GSM and CDMA tools are not interchangeable and you will be just fine in the future.

Thanks for the info,unfortunately that task 29 gives me an error.
Error 240: File Open

Reactions: redkickass

redkickass

Jan 16, 2010
small issue

i have a small problem with my rhodium. i've flashed it plenty of times with roms from energy, about once a month since last year. the problem now is that it freezes on 0% and doesn't go any further. i tried task 29 bu it get an error that my device is not connected to the pc. i did a hard reset and still it doesn't go any further. it seems i am stuck with this rom and can't update it or switch to another one. any ideas ?

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
i have a small problem with my rhodium. i've flashed it plenty of times with roms from energy, about once a month since last year. the problem now is that it freezes on 0% and doesn't go any further. i tried task 29 bu it get an error that my device is not connected to the pc. i did a hard reset and still it doesn't go any further. it seems i am stuck with this rom and can't update it or switch to another one. any ideas ?

Try performing the update from another computer.

Try using a different USB cable.

Flash a ROM directly from the SD card.
- To do this, rename the NBH file to RHODIMG.nbh and put it in the root directory of your SD card. This will allow you to flash directly from the bootloader.

Reactions: redkickass

redkickass

Jan 16, 2010
Many thanks. The update worked only from the storage card. from the PC dunno why but still doesn't work. oh well at least I got it updated.

DennisSclan8

Aug 16, 2010
Narnia
Can't download the tool????

Zip in post one consistently leads to "Data NED" site, which is foreign and translates (Google) to other than the download.
Wheres everyone getting this great tool from, sure like to have it, searched through google with no luck yet and still searching, found CDMA download (not going to use it), also the cool set up available to the HD2 owners. But have'nt found a link for my Rhodium yet.
This is too awesome of a tool, now I feel naked without it (especially all the positive responses I read through 300 of the threads), any help while I continue to search for a link would be appreciated. Thanks.

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Zip in post one consistently leads to "Data NED" site, which is foreign and translates (Google) to other than the download.
Wheres everyone getting this great tool from, sure like to have it, searched through google with no luck yet and still searching, found CDMA download (not going to use it), also the cool set up available to the HD2 owners. But have'nt found a link for my Rhodium yet.
This is too awesome of a tool, now I feel naked without it (especially all the positive responses I read through 300 of the threads), any help while I continue to search for a link would be appreciated. Thanks.

Two tools are attached to this post. One is the original task29.zip file that used to be in the OP. The other is called an Advanced RUU. I normally use this for flashing ROMs and task29 as it is much simpler. This program says it's for the worldphone version, or CDMA, but it works perfectly fine on the GSM devices as well. The instructions are pretty self explanatory.

Select task28 to flash a ROM.
Select task29 to format the device.
Select task32 to flash a splash screen or radio.

Last edited:

DennisSclan8

Aug 16, 2010
Narnia
THANKS

Hit the button for you Cajun, man you're all over xda, and personally glad to see so. Appreciate the clarification and used the posts you pointed (provided a second time) for me, thanks a million.:)

sehohe

Nov 22, 2008
stuck at bootloader screen after task29...

used task29, can get to bootloader screen but phone will not connect via usb. tried to install new ROM via SD card, but screen briefly flashes message that there is 'no image file', then goes to bootloader screen. Bootloader will change from USB to serial and back, but will not connect to activesync.

AT&T Tilt2
windows xp
trying to flash Energy ROM
bootloader screen shows SPL-0.85.0linex

let me know if more info needed. please help. Thanks.:(

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
used task29, can get to bootloader screen but phone will not connect via usb. tried to install new ROM via SD card, but screen briefly flashes message that there is 'no image file', then goes to bootloader screen. Bootloader will change from USB to serial and back, but will not connect to activesync.

AT&T Tilt2
windows xp
trying to flash Energy ROM
bootloader screen shows SPL-0.85.0linex

let me know if more info needed. please help. Thanks.:(

It doesn't need to connect to active sync. Once it says USB in the bootloader, go ahead and flash like normal. Also, for flashing via SD, you need to have the *.nbh file in the root of the card (not in a folder) and rename it to RHODIMG.nbh.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Two tools are attached to this post. One is the original task29.zip file that used to be in the OP. The other is called an Advanced RUU. I normally use this for flashing ROMs and task29 as it is much simpler. This program says it's for the worldphone version, or CDMA, but it works perfectly fine on the GSM devices as well. The instructions are pretty self explanatory.

Select task28 to flash a ROM.
    Select task29 to format the device.
    Select task32 to flash a splash screen or radio.

That's all I see?

Thanks for the info,unfortunately that task 29 gives me an error.
    Error 240: File Open

Try performing the update from another computer.

Try using a different USB cable.

Flash a ROM directly from the SD card.
    - To do this, rename the NBH file to RHODIMG.nbh and put it in the root directory of your SD card. This will allow you to flash directly from the bootloader.