700 posts
Thanks Meter: 71

By SH4YD33, Senior Member on 8th June 2011, 09:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th June 2011, 10:32 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
So if you want an online synch system for your contact, here are the solution :

* Having an Exchange account ( like me, it synchronize calendar, task, mail, contact)

* Using the Windows Live apps in order to save contact ( and yes, the contact feature of Windows Live is very good, and in addition you can edit/modify/read them from your pc or from the website)

9th June 2011, 10:43 PM |#22  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 162

Donate to Me
More
Yes as per contacts Outlook is the best as most of the user have their email configured in outlook and they can Sync Contacts, calender and Task etc in Outlook and on go they can get all those sync on demand. This can be with the same Exchange profile or another profile as well.

But My Phone is over that where it can sync SMS in addition to all above on web/cloud which is not supported in Outlook. And we can Sync our device on demand without any manual work .

May be Google should come forward to give similar service like My Phone or M$ should have addon for Outlook to have SMS sync as well

Thanks.
10th June 2011, 01:31 AM |#23  
Flag Milling around Milton Keynes
Thanks Meter: 414

More
Most WM users I know have Exchange so that takes care of contacts/mail/calendar etc.
Files are either sync'd when they connect to their computers, or they use droppedboxx
10th June 2011, 05:05 AM |#24  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Ted

I won't miss either of them. Marketplace is a joke, anyway, and there are much better solutions for backing up.

Your "Better solution" is the below? Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Ted

Why does it have to be online? Hell, I just copy pim.vol to my sd card and call it good. I also use sk tools to back up my pim data to have an alternative. I'll copy the backups to a pc, so I have a failsafe. You could always upload the backups to some web service, but I guess I don't see the point. Doesn't windows live still backup contacts? I've done that as well, but have never used windows live or myphone to restore anything. I've just used it as a failsafe.

I don't really care about backing up texts; I just delete them whenever I flash, but if I wanted to save them I'd use sk tools to do it, and maybe use pimbackup as an alternate way to save them. Again, I'm not sure why a web service is needed to do it.

You may not receive important text messages but some of us do, and need them backedup for records and audits. So your "solution" has nothing to do with one of the core services of Myphone, how is that a solution?

at least rwxer, posted a useful alternative.
10th June 2011, 03:20 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwxer

As alternative you can try http://www.bloove.com It allows to backup your Windows Mobile phone (contacts and sms) or migrate data to any android phone.

Is this free?

I dont understand a sh** of most replies.

Skydrive won't be a replacement I think. PIM Backup worked nice in the early days but now it's really slow and data might disappear or isn't sort out nicely in WM anymore, so I started using MS My Phone. Really liked it...but now what?
10th June 2011, 03:39 PM |#26  
Flag Shipley
Thanks Meter: 68

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badwolve1

Really need to get a new device, I reckon this is the end of the last bit of support for Winmo

Yeah, I second this !
10th June 2011, 04:43 PM |#27  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Logan, UT
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
This makes me not want to ever buy another Microsoft phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to josefcrist For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift josefcrist Ad-Free
10th June 2011, 05:21 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebranded

You may not receive important text messages but some of us do, and need them backedup for records and audits. So your "solution" has nothing to do with one of the core services of Myphone, how is that a solution?

at least rwxer, posted a useful alternative.

Where did I ever say I backed up text messages? I'm pretty sure I didn't. If I wanted to, I'd just use one of the age-old applications like SK Tools, which does a fine job.

I have a mortscript that backs up everything I need; it takes me 2 seconds to execute it. As I said earlier, I don't need to upload things to a server, although I guess I could, just for the hell of it.
10th June 2011, 07:30 PM |#29  
Flag Milling around Milton Keynes
Thanks Meter: 414

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by josefcrist

This makes me not want to ever buy another Microsoft phone.

The waste of space that is WP7 did that for me
10th June 2011, 08:02 PM |#30  
Flag Penang
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Just read the mail. The irony of it all..
I just started using My Phone like a month (after having winmo for years) and found it quite handy. Before that, everything went on the PC.

You have to admit though, with WP7 out and being M$, this day would eventually come. We all know it deep down. But then, I'm *that* worried yet. Someone will waltz in with a similar service soon. In the mean time, it's back to manual backups with outlook & iSMS.. -sigh- the irony...

** oh yeah, you could backup txts with iMobile Tool SMS backup. smaller, faster than SPB or any other txt backup app i've used. Sadly, it's still manual, needs a PC and does only SMS.. still, better than nothing i suppose..
10th June 2011, 10:02 PM |#31  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 620

More
I'm actually more amazed people still haven't defected to Android, i used to think WINMO was the business until i defected to Android and ill never look back.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)