[KERNEL][5.10.11][2.6.32.21] Kernels from Adrynalyne (Now on Kernel Manager!)

Search This thread

BigMcGuire

Nov 29, 2010
California
This is the only kernal that will boot. One issue... Call volume is way way loud. Blowin my ear out. LOL. Fix? :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

I had the same issue. Remove Call Recorder - that fixed it for me. Also, turn the volume all the way up (you'll notice volume doesn't change cuz even though it's at the lowest level, it's really at max) then turn it back down - and it should go down. (Did for me).

Reactions: knr117

lrs421

Sep 29, 2010
New York
I'm trying to understand something and was hoping someone else with a little more knowledge can steer me in the right direction.

I have a pair of Monster headphones with an inline mic but for some reason they don't work with the thunderbolt and from what I understand this functionality lies in the kernel. I tested these headphones on an EVO 4G and LG G2X and the mic works great :)confused:). Even stranger other headphone mics work fine with my thunderbolt. I have no clue what the hell is going on...

New BB DarkSlide

Been running DroidX since march and couldn't take it any longer. I'm glad to be back with HTC.

New to the ThunderBolt so I decided to keep things as simple as I could while still try to learn. So, I flashed Darkslide because I was running this rom on the X.

Installed 2.0 today with rom manger. Went off without a blip so far. No wipe just flash from Clockwork. Used setcpu to config per the profiles.

Sure most of you know of Darkslide but for those that may not the the rom is at My Droid World, Forum, Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt Mods, Roms, Darkslide.

(sorry for that, my old xda acct is lost along with email I used for it so must start over)

In the DS thread users are asking for kernels that work with this rom. Gonna post a link back to this thread. If for any reason the dev here wants it removed send me a PM and I will do so.

Thanks for your hard work. Donation on way...

boythatkills

May 13, 2011
Queen Creek, AZ
With the 4.4.7 kernel, if you do not use set cpu, will it still scale down to 245 when the screen is off? If you set min max to 245 and 1408 in the Bamf toolkit, say with smartass gov, do you even need setcpu?

Aug 14, 2010
I've been trying to get the edit my voltages to no avail...

When I push the the command either through adb or terminal emulator and check the voltages, it turns up right.

But when I edit the 00vdd_levels file in /system/etc/init.d and reboot it goes back to stock voltages.

Someone mentioned fixing permissions but that didn't help either.

Any input would be great!

gatorguy

Have you used root explorer or equivalent to go to the system/etc/init.d folder and see if you see the file "00vdd_levels" there? That's the file you can edit to "permanently" change the voltages. The cat command just verifies they are actually currently set.

example of cat command:
screenshot.png

Remember to disregard the first five 1000 numbers.

Does your kernel version look like this?
huNRpAL

Last edited:

boythatkills

May 13, 2011
Queen Creek, AZ
I don't know about disabling "support" but you can delete the apk from system/app or you can also unchecked call recording in the app.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk

I appreciate all your help, man. I deleted the .apk and stuff previously but I was curious because the support itself in the kernel can cause volume problems even if the app isn't installed.

Quick note for anyone that may need to know 2.0 has been running on my bolt via setcpu with the current darkslide build for over a mth now. No reboots or glitches of any kind. If this info has been posted already to this thread then pm me & I'll delete my post or please ask mod to do so.
I'm sure there are many here that understand the tech stuff much better than I & therefore already knew that 2.0 would run darkslide without a problem.
However I'm sure many noobs such as I or non tech savvy don't know so I posted here for those that are like myself. I also posted to the darkslide thread at BB,s site as well.
Thanks for a kick ass kernel.

LordGnat

Apr 25, 2010
Adrynalyne,

Do your kernels support RNDIS?

I noticed the Wired Tether app requires this but my suspicion is the internet connection mode does the same thing. Is this correct? If so, I would imagine you have support.

I'm just trying to narrow down the reason I can't get any wired tether to work...

TBolt.DasBamf.Froyo.Adrynalyne

bama9393

Jun 30, 2010
kernel download

Could someone please tell me where to download these kernels. I cant find them anywhere.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Advertising not permitted on xda.
    Didnt get my question answered, which governor do you guys prefer? Perfect combination between performance and battery of course :)

I like to use smartass, especially now that Adrynalyne added smartass sysfs. There is really no need for overclocking apps now.

Below is the script that I use. It will set your governor to smartass with a max frequency of 1024000 at a very aggressive UV. It seems that some Thunderbolts can't handle this voltage so if you use this script you may want to at 25 to the VDD levels.

Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh

#Set default governor
    echo "smartass" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

#Set max frequency
    echo "1024000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

#Smartass settings
    echo "20000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/smartass/down_rate_us
    echo "75" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/smartass/max_cpu_load
    echo "38400" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/smartass/max_ramp_down
    echo "50" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/smartass/min_cpu_load
    echo "38400" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/smartass/ramp_up_step
    echo "2" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/smartass/sample_rate_jiffies
    echo "245760" > #/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/smartass/sleep_max_freq
    #echo "1024000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/smartass/sleep_wakeup_freq
    echo "9999999" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/smartass/up_min_freq

#VDD Levels (Be careful)
    echo "245760 750" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/vdd_levels
    echo "368640 800" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/vdd_levels
    echo "768000 875" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/vdd_levels
    echo "1024000 950" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/vdd_levels
    echo "1280000 1075" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/vdd_levels
    echo "1408000 1125" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/vdd_levels
    Does this have something to do with bluetooth? I used my Samsung bluetooth in the car today and I could actually hear the person on the other end (couldn't before) - had to turn down the volume too.

Headphones, internal speakers, Bluetooth should all be louder, yes.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7SSJZCP4 - for 4.4.6 with no calling support. I had just downloaded that this morning. Sorry, only one I downloaded or I'd put more up. The links aren't working for me either now. :/
    That's why I give choices :)