[ROM] [GSM] CM7 Gingerbread Beta 2012-02-19

561 posts
Thanks Meter: 425

By Technomancer, Retired Recognized Developer on 28th January 2011, 12:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th June 2011, 04:14 AM |#1201  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Just wanted to say that I had tried lots of other ROMs and Kernels, etc and this port of CM& is best!

Never mind some bugs but then it would be boring with getting any

Super work Technomancer and many thanks!

13th June 2011, 04:33 AM |#1202  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag SF Bay Area

More
How to compile CyanogenMod 7 for Galaxy Tab GT-P1000
First, please read this article http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.ph...r_CaptivateMTD

You will need the same prerequisites.

Then

Get repo as described there. I put mine in /usr/local/bin

Sync Android tree. You need to use manifest from cm7sgt github.
(If you have more/less than 4 cores modify your -j4 accordingly)

Create a directory for your Android, you will need oer 10GB of free space. It helps a lot to put it on SSD.

repo init -u git://github.com/cm7sgt/android.git -b gingerbread
repo sync -j4

Grab Rom Manager as described.
[ optional
Grab gapps. run vendor/cyanogen/get-google-files -v gb
then export CYANOGEN_WITH_GOOGLE=1
]

You can't (no script) and don't need to copy proprietary files, everything is already included in vendor git.

Setup your android build environment and choose device to build:
. build/envsetup.sh
lunch cyanogen_galaxytab-eng
make -j4

There, it should build with no issues. Sometimes it will complain about API changes, run make update-api then.

From here you have two options.

1. Build Heimdall images. You will need kernel with loop support, losetup, ext4 tools (mkfs.ext4).
cd device/samsung/galaxytab/tools
./buildimage
it will grab stuff from out and create ext4 images. Flash with Heimdall.

2. Build update.zip
make -j4 bacon

How to build kernel
First, you will need the arm toolchain from CodeSourcery. You need arm-2009q3-68-arm-none-eabi-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.bz2

From http://www.codesourcery.com/sgpp/lit...ux-gnu.tar.bz2

Unpack it in /opt/toolchains. as root
mkdir -p /opt/toolchains
cd /opt/toolchains
tar -xjvf arm-2009q3-68-arm-none-eabi-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.bz2

Then in your CM7 tree
BEFORE YOU BUILD CM7 TREE
cd device/samsung/galaxytab
./kernel.sh defconfig
./kernel.sh modules

This will configure the kernel and build and copy modules to prebuilt directories. The kernel build directory is out/target/product/galaxytab/kernel_build

Build your android tree normally so initramfs is created.

Then again
cd device/samsung/galaxytab
./kernel.sh kernel
This will build the kernel using the initramfs in recovery/root and update prebuilt kernel image.

Now you need to run make on your android tree again so boot.img is updated.

And proceed to buildimage or make bacon as usual.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Technomancer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Technomancer Ad-Free
13th June 2011, 07:32 AM |#1203  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technomancer

I was trying to be funny there. I cannot fix any upstream issues (issues related to how CyanogenMod works). So any browser lagginess, ui issues or usability not caused by galaxy tab or our screen resolution are beyond scope of what i am doing here which is porting CM7 to galaxy tab, not working on improving CM7 in general. I am not part of CM team and i cannot change anything in main cm tree. Porting CM7 is my hobby so I am working on it when I have free time. I am reading all the posts here and replying if i have anything relevant to say. If I dont reply to some post it is not because I dont like someone. It may be redundant or I may just have no time to reply.

Now about Bluetooth SCO (headset profile). It annoys me as much as anybody else in there and I will fix it when I will know how. Logcats are mildly helpful because I can easily replicate the problem here. it would be interesting if someone with galaxy s calss device running cm7 could verify bt sco works for them and compare logcats and dmesg from their device and the tab. bt sco should work the same for us and them.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App while sitting on the beach in Half Moon Bay trying to have "a life".

Alright sweet. Thank you for taking the time to reply so fully. Greatly appreciated mate and its really helpful too cause if I'm honest I really didnt know anything about the cm7 team, its structure, ethos and so on bbefore now. Hell I didn't even understand it was a team! Oh and it was the big black rock halfway between Sydney and Brisbane for this wondering, so Having it spelled out helps. I'm sorry for misunderstanding the humour mate I really am and didn't want to sound like I was expecting anything from you in the near future or have any expectations at all in many ways. Believe me I get being busy and i really understand having a full plate and then some. Just turns out I managed to clear mine for a while... :)

Your work thus far is fantastic and literally awe inspiring at the complexity of it all and the courage shown by taking it all on your own back. I want you to know that's my genuine feelings towards this project and yourself even if my crap sense of humor has let me down or if my anal pedantic disposition has offended or annoyed.

Bluetooth? Funny story now you mention it. My dad just got a I9000T, an Australian Telstra variation on the I9000 to allow nextG... or from what I understand its really just cdma or a slightly souped up version. Just can't root it or anything yet because I'm going to contest the sale. He got ripped off basicly and I'm hell pissed. Anyways I'll know tomorrow one way or another so ill let you know. If he is keeping it im rooting it and putting something hot from the oven so cm7 sounds as good as any. :cool:

Cheers.

EDIT: woo thank you so so much for taking the time and doing that up above.. I can't tell you how much that means. Seriously too. You didn't have to do that but i am so super glad and thankful you did

Again sincere apologies forthe miscommunications.

Sent from my GT-P1000
13th June 2011, 08:03 AM |#1204  
Thanks Meter: 65

Donate to Me
More
somethinh happened today. suddenly my tab rebooted and the screen density has been reverted to original value, which i had previously set to 240 using the lcd density app.

so i use tha app to change the ld density value again, but it wont boot up properly and i have to shut it down (by press and hold the power button) and the next time restart the tab the screen density remains unchange.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium App
13th June 2011, 08:06 AM |#1205  
Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,908

More
Change your lcd density in build.prop with a file explore, you will not need anymore any app for that.

Code:
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
ro.sf.lcd_density=200
You can also change it from PC and push it to phone with adb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkinz

somethinh happened today. suddenly my tab rebooted and the screen density has been reverted to original value, which i had previously set to 240 using the lcd density app.

so i use tha app to change the ld density value again, but it wont boot up properly and i have to shut it down (by press and hold the power button) and the next time restart the tab the screen density remains unchange.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium App

13th June 2011, 08:24 AM |#1206  
Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,908

More
@Technomancer:

Just in case that you disabled Email from Administartor, as a Recognized Developer you have acces at RD private forum and there is always someone willing to help another dev.รน

If you didn't disabled email from admin, just don't read this post because you already know that.
13th June 2011, 10:32 AM |#1207  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by af974

@Technomancer:
..... just don't read this post because you already know that.

Haha talented coder AND a timetraveler! Zomg... male or female? Single?

XD

jk.

Sent from my GT-P1000
13th June 2011, 10:43 AM |#1208  
Flag Galaxy World
Thanks Meter: 458

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobleskill

Haha talented coder AND a timetraveler! Zomg... male or female? Single?

XD

jk.

Sent from my GT-P1000

he is MOD , i doubt will be SHE ... jk too
13th June 2011, 11:00 AM |#1209  
Flag SF Bay Area

More
Humble request from the time traveller:
Could anyone running stock (or stockish) GB ROM dump the SDP records?

start adb shell
run
sdptool browse
and please post the result here, one should be enough

Like this http://pastie.org/2060098
13th June 2011, 11:42 AM |#1210  
Flag Victoria
Thanks Meter: 342

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technomancer

Could anyone running stock (or stockish) GB ROM dump the SDP records?

start adb shell
run
sdptool browse
and please post the result here, one should be enough

Like this http://pastie.org/2060098

Techno I am getting Inquiry failed when I run these commands. I started adbshell (am rooted of course). Run sdptool browse. I get inquiring then inquiry failed.
13th June 2011, 11:52 AM |#1211  
Flag SF Bay Area

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPal

Techno I am getting Inquiry failed when I run these commands. I started adbshell (am rooted of course). Run sdptool browse. I get inquiring then inquiry failed.

Try running as root. After adb shell first type su and accept root request.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)