Thread Closed Email Thread
9th June 2011, 09:26 PM |#1021  
Retired Senior Moderator / Mod. Cttee. Retired - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 19,155

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliburinhand

What version are they using for 2.3.4, I thought it was still 2.6.35?

I haven't seen a diff of the new initramfs yet, but if they didn't do any major changes there is a good possibility this will work with 2.3.4.

-x

To be honest I have not looked deep yet. I know that any kernel for the captivate that you try to flash to it get a too big error with CWM and odin.

9th June 2011, 09:34 PM |#1022  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by For2ndtwin

^ This will also cause a brick.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcr2u...yer_detailpage

Sorry, couldn't resist.

i love that commercial!!!
10th June 2011, 12:54 PM |#1023  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
OK. Don't blast me here because I know there's an answer to this question but I can't find it.

I just went to Mosaic 3. I want BLN to work. I believe flashed the correct kernel for this:
"vG.x.x_novoo.tar = standard kernel, installed with ODIN, includes BLN, no voodoo lagfix"

BLN control says I don't have the correct kernal mod installed.

I've seen something about a services.jar previously, the OP doesn't mention it anymore. Plus, I wouldn't know what to do with that anyway.

Any help?
10th June 2011, 02:12 PM |#1024  
Thanks Meter: 815

More
Shoes can also prove deadly. See infuze commercial.

Sent from my 2.3.3 Ext4 Fresh Ginger Blue equipped Samsung Captivate. Yea I get 2000+ on quadrant. Yea ive pulled 5.17 mbps down from a tower. I appreciate XDA helping me turn this phone into a beast.
10th June 2011, 02:33 PM |#1025  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by know8677

OK. Don't blast me here because I know there's an answer to this question but I can't find it.

I just went to Mosaic 3. I want BLN to work. I believe flashed the correct kernel for this:
"vG.x.x_novoo.tar = standard kernel, installed with ODIN, includes BLN, no voodoo lagfix"

BLN control says I don't have the correct kernal mod installed.

I've seen something about a services.jar previously, the OP doesn't mention it anymore. Plus, I wouldn't know what to do with that anyway.

Any help?

If you're using Mosaic 3 you can download this and install through CWM. I've done it that way and BLN works fine. This will install the kernal that has lagfix enabled.
10th June 2011, 03:10 PM |#1026  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blutruck

If you're using Mosaic 3 you can download this and install through CWM. I've done it that way and BLN works fine. This will install the kernal that has lagfix enabled.

Thanks. I'll give that a try.
10th June 2011, 04:31 PM |#1027  
Recognized Developer
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 8,320

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

What version are they using for 2.3.4, I thought it was still 2.6.35?

I haven't seen a diff of the new initramfs yet, but if they didn't do any major changes there is a good possibility this will work with 2.3.4.

-x

You are correct, the source we have now will work with 2.3.4, I haven't looked at the initramfs diff yet either, but I did use the stock jvp initramfs on my kernel and it does work.. so initramfs changes is all that's needed .

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
11th June 2011, 12:33 AM |#1028  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Well... JVH with bln doesn't work with JVP unfortunately. Tried all day to no avail. Have had to use darky's kernel for now. Hope we get a JVP soon but, obviously, at your convenience is soon enough for me.
11th June 2011, 04:55 AM |#1029  
Flag Bellevue
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by majinzen

Well... JVH with bln doesn't work with JVP unfortunately. Tried all day to no avail. Have had to use darky's kernel for now. Hope we get a JVP soon but, obviously, at your convenience is soon enough for me.

+1.

Unfortunately, I only trust xcaliburinhand!!!!
So I will wait till your magic patch before upgrading to 2.3.4.
13th June 2011, 05:39 AM |#1030  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 408

Donate to Me
More
G.1.3 is up.

I'll start looking at 2.3.4 support.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xcaliburinhand For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xcaliburinhand Ad-Free
13th June 2011, 05:47 AM |#1031  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 298

More
Quote:

G.1.3 is up.

I'll start looking at 2.3.4 support.

Nice, thanks.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gingerbread, pure awesomeness, reoriented kernel, xcaliburinhand