569 posts
Thanks Meter: 363

By neldar, Retired Recognized Developer on 30th October 2010, 10:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th June 2011, 02:19 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Unhappy
BLN pro will work for JVP version (gingerbread 2.3.4 ) ?
13th June 2011, 05:08 PM |#512  
Thanks Meter: 881

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampiro2000

Hi Neldar.
I'm using the latest version of the BLN Pro App with Semaphore Kernel (in a SGS 9000 with Gingerbread 2.3.3.), but I have a strange issue: I don't get any BLN with SMS, and after I get an SMS the BLN stops working and I have to check again the enable BLN and Stock app mark again in the app. What is going wrong? Can you please help?
Thanks

Same here, latest BLN Pro, no light with the SMS but Gmail, Gtalk, Missed call works fine. 2.3.4 JVP stock ROM with Semaphore Kernel.
13th June 2011, 05:30 PM |#513  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi neldar
thank you for the app
is it possible to alternate led left for sms or led right for gmail (for example) or there is only one led behind button?
Thanks
Regards

Inviato dal mio GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk
13th June 2011, 05:40 PM |#514  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero0n3

Hi neldar
thank you for the app
is it possible to alternate led left for sms or led right for gmail (for example) or there is only one led behind button?
Thanks
Regards

Only one LED mate :]
13th June 2011, 08:20 PM |#515  
Flag Oporto
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I have one nexus S i9020 with latest kernel from netarchy and it not blink for missed calls
13th June 2011, 09:44 PM |#516  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thed0g

Same here, latest BLN Pro, no light with the SMS but Gmail, Gtalk, Missed call works fine. 2.3.4 JVP stock ROM with Semaphore Kernel.

That is a problem of the sms app, one solution could be to replace it with better sms application (hint: go sms).

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero0n3

Hi neldar
thank you for the app
Thanks
Regards

Android can only one led notification at the same time, that means no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandaopj

I have one nexus S i9020 with latest kernel from netarchy and it not blink for missed calls

But you are getting a static led notification for missed calls or nothing?
13th June 2011, 10:02 PM |#517  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neldar

That is a problem of the sms app, one solution could be to replace it with better sms application (hint: go sms).

I tried GO SMS, it didn't work ;] I'll give it a go with replacing the SMS app from JVH and will post results.

[edit] Ok, tried the SMS app from Update-F1-JVH-Mod-V3-Signed.zip (base JVH) and still no BLN. Gtalk, Gmail and others work.
13th June 2011, 11:01 PM |#518  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Hi!
I'm running a custom JVP Rom, with Semaphore Kernel, and Bln Pro works with Handcent SMS...
But on the forum where the Rom is published, it seems like i'm the only one with sms led working... cool...
14th June 2011, 12:13 AM |#519  

More
Tried now all SMS apps from JVK, JVH and JVP. No BLN. I guess the only logical thing must be, that they changed something in the JVP, 2.3.4 ought to be quite a rework.
14th June 2011, 12:56 AM |#520  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thed0g

Tried now all SMS apps from JVK, JVH and JVP. No BLN. I guess the only logical thing must be, that they changed something in the JVP, 2.3.4 ought to be quite a rework.

There are only 3 reasons why a led notification is not working on android >= 2.3 :
  1. the screen is on or gets powered on while an app tries to trigger it
  2. the app is not configured correctly for led notifications
  3. led notification support has been removed from the app

You can check the first 2 cases by yourself, the 3rd one can only be checked by decompiling the app or by asking the author.
The Following User Says Thank You to neldar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neldar Ad-Free
14th June 2011, 01:06 AM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 284

More
Bug in the last version
EDIT: after the night, I woke up leds were on. I tested many things since then and everything seems to work fine now. Sorry for the useless post, I don't know what happened after the update...

Hi neldar and thank you for this great app. However since the last update many things are not working anymore...

In the version 0.10.24 of BLN Control Pro the Blinking feature is broken and SMS notifications with BLN too (whatever I choose I can't turn the led on anymore ; for test within the app or with SMS... Nothing is working!).
I am using a Samsung galaxy S phone with FuguMod 4.0 Ultra #371 kernel and Darky 10.1 rom (JVH 2.3.3).
(Last version 0.10.22 of BLN Control Pro was working fine.)

Just for your information: I restarted the phone to check if it could help and it doesn't. A few minutes ago, just before the upgrade, everything was working perfectly so there is absolutely no doubt about the fact that the last update is the culprit (and maybe it would help you to know that now if I want to do a test led within the app, when I turn off the screen, nothing happens AND the notification of BLN is not anymore in the notify bar when I turn on the screen). Hope you will solve it soon and the bug report is detailed enough. I am ready to do some test and debug if you need.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)