Virtuous Unity is the first custom Sense 3.0 ROM, scaled for WVGA screens, to be based on an official shipping release from HTC (18.104.22.168).
The entire ROM is brand new, taking no application or framework components from any prior Sense 3 releases.
Unity is the result of a collaborative, team effort by the following developers:
- Based on the official Sensation shipping ROM (1.45.401.2).
- Ported for full functionality on each supported devices. Additional device support is being added regularly.
- Resized for WVGA (800x480) displays, using a purpose built tool to modify HTC's proprietary m10 binaries, developed by Flemmard and Diamondback.
- Heavily optimized for fluid performance and usability.
- Overclocked kernels with numerous additional kernel modules.
- Built-in screen state frequency scaling (1.2Ghz-245MHz/ondemand screen-on, 806Mhz-245Mz/conservative screen-off), via custom built Virtuous_OC C daemon.
- Trackpad wake support (DesireZ/G2 and MT4G only).
- WiFi calling (T-Mobile USA only).
- Fully functional device hardware, including wifi, bluetooth, camera, camcorder, etc.
- Market-sourced applications (Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc) automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.
- Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.
Porting Information and Credits
There has been an enormous amount of interest surrounding utilizing components or modifications from our ROMs. To this point, our policy was that any such work needed to explicitly be approved by the team. The fact of the matter is that the policy is simply not enforceable and any time consumed working to enforce it detracts from the time we have to work on Android (which is what we really enjoy). As such, we’ve decided to go in a different direction.
Going forward, ROM developers are welcome to utilize any portions of our ROM which are of interest.
Our only requirement is that you let us know about what you’re doing by sending an email to (devteam|at|virtuousrom.com), credit the Virtuous Team in your thread(s) and provide a link to our website. No response on our part is required whatsoever, we’re just interested to hear about how our work is helping you.
Our plan is to continue to innovate and push the envelop of ROM development; with the goal of staying enough ahead of the curve to merit a desire to clone our work.
- hrk - Allowing use of ghostySMS Vision version.
- cypis - For his awesome Unity-banner
- robocik - Tips regarding APK compression.
- capychimp - Tips with DHD audio optimization.
- HTC/Google- For building such a good base system.
- If you are experiencing random freezes and/or reboots, this is likely due to your device being incapable of handling our overclocking defaults. Download and apply this flashable patch, which will reduce the maximum CPU frequency to 1Ghz and likely eliminate this issue.
- You must complete a full wipe prior to installing this ROM the first time. We also recommend wiping between upgrades, but you are welcome to try upgrading without a wipe. However, no support will be provided if you file a bug without having wiped prior to submission.
Bugs and Errors
To ease the process of reporting bugs to the team, we made a public bugtracker where you can report the bugs you found. Please make sure you read all the existing entries there to avoid doubling the errors.
The bugtracker is located here.
Device specific information