AlphaRevX HBOOT S-OFF for Incredible S, coming soon.

Search This thread

nikhil007mmus

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 26, 2011
Pune
guys m waiting for your open release !! for the alpharevx team i have a image made for you .. just had some free time !! i hope you like it guys :)

iztd93.jpg

John Anderton

Mar 13, 2007
Mumbai, India
karunab.com
So just for me to understand. This tool will soff my incredible s. When my incredible s is soffed so i can install custom roms? Or what can i do with the soff device

Though I'm not an expert, this is what I think..

Your device is currently S-On -> Use AlphaRevX to S-Off -> Root your device -> Do stuff like accessing custom recovery/installing custom ROMs/removing pre-installed apps on your stock ROM (sometimes referred to as bloatware i.e. unwanted software on your ROM)

Again, I haven't done this myself EVER but it's just what I've picked up off convos in and around here.. so correct me if I'm wrong :)

x1123

Mar 27, 2011
Pekalongan
semayi.blogspot.com

If you still cant wait for this, go buy an xtc-clip, but dont come back in 2 days when its released and say they screwed you ;) you just did it yourself haha.

Just relax and wait and you have a very nice method for s-off which is giving you the possibility to do whatever you want with it.

btw kmdm: do like your comment: why so serious, its not you gonne die if you don't haha.

timbo007up

Hi Timb

I was one of un-happy owner or IS, we must thanksfull to one like alpharex, and donate for enable him/her continue serve public for free. Many people complaining must join to faceBook page complaining to HTC, not to alpharex, he/she going to help us to have FUN.

I did some precedure to S-OFF my IS, goldcard, gfree, visionary. Just no lucks :p coz htc locked the H-Boot, as im not dev or tech-savvy, my understanding is H-boot is first boot where everything start. I'm doing experiment by connecting to pc in the adb shell try to flash flash flash many things No work. Im lucky the device not brick. This must be very particular and sophisticated method and complicated. I'm linux user and having interesting in BOOT LOADER, I have my personal project to learn about LILO (Linux Loader) its probably able to be ported into tiny device like smartphone. S-Off is working on that kind boot space.

Just wait and donate to alpharex

cheers up

timbo007up

Sep 29, 2010
S-off is explained many times, but here is a simple one: s-off allows you to write to partitions which are locked if you have s-on, thus allow you to write to system, recovery and everything else.
So yes you can root, run custom roms, do whatever you want with it if you have s-offed. Just read arround the topics here (and general)

@x1123: I know that :) im happely s-offed with my XTC PaYg clip from raskal a while ago. I also tried every possible procedure that was known and all failed. I know how its loaded and in what order everything goes, dont have to tell me :)
I think you misunderstood my post, i wasn't talking about myself but to the people who read it.

And i agree completely: Donate to the Alpharev Team for making this possible, if you have used the tool to s-off, buying a beer for them would be awesome.

Or you can just donate haha.

Kollegah

Mar 13, 2010
i know that we can do nothing except waiting...but damn i wait since 3 months to get root and "now" the time has come :)

sethxp

Sep 6, 2005
www.seth.cz
Yes but my solution is not free so is better for users to wait few more days (?) for AlphaRevX free release.
My page offer this only to users that are impatient, hence not free.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    guys m waiting for your open release !! for the alpharevx team i have a image made for you .. just had some free time !! i hope you like it guys :)

iztd93.jpg
    - will user data be lost (phone formated?) during the procedure
    - can it be reverted to S-ON when needed?

Should be no data loss and it's a patched HBOOT, so reflashing a stock HBOOT will revert to S-ON (e.g. like from a RUU).
    hi
    "they said soon" to expect but in the end god knows if they do it if they do it
    same way like in wildfire rooting it's expecting for more than 5 months and it's not nor a sign that it's kind of succes or is it htc so good in cooding or figure out

As it happens, Wildfire 'rooting/S-OFF' for HBOOT 1.0+ via AlphaRevX was only announced on the 1st June, I make that.... 8 days?

If however you're referring to AlphaRev 2.0 which was intended to provide S-OFF for HBOOT < 1.0 then that could already be rooted via unrevoked.

But please do excuse us for not working flat out - for free - to pander to your every need.
    Why must everyone be so impatient? These devs are kind enough to do this without any guarantee of a reward for their work and all you do is ***** about how long it takes? Seriously, have some respect and a tiny bit of patience.