Any T-Mobile Stores Confirm Sale Date Prior to 6/15? [Some Walmarts selling 6/8]

Search This thread

ImHuge07

Oct 29, 2010
Just updating everyone....ordered mine sunday nite 9pm est..ordered over the phone w/ tmo....had it shipped ground free, arrived today, cost 149 no rebate...i live in L'ville,KY

What did you say to get it for $149? If I go into T-Mobile and get pissed and yell will they give me the Walmart price?

Lcrkz0023

Jan 15, 2009
LOUISVILLE
What did you say to get it for $149? If I go into T-Mobile and get pissed and yell will they give me the Walmart price?

I call and talk to the Loyality dept..whatever its called...ive been with tmo since they were Powertel so whenever they made switch to tmo ive been there. Im always polite, start off by saying ive been tmo a very long time...im a loyal customer as you can see and i love your service. Im interested in (whatever phone you want) what special rate can u offer me? Over the years ive had upgrades awarded early, premium discounts..etc. I dont really think its what you say, i just think its how you say it. Be polite, show respect..if you have to bull**** it, then bull**** it. You gotta be an actor...tell how much you love them and they will reward you. If you go into it being an asshole you wont get squat. You gotta play the game to get what you want. But being rude etc, will never reward you if you are trying to benefit yourself.

Last edited:

GorillaPimp

Jul 18, 2008
Just updating everyone....ordered mine sunday nite 9pm est..ordered over the phone w/ tmo....had it shipped ground free, arrived today, cost 149 no rebate...But got a $50 credit on bill. i live in L'ville,KY
They shipped out of Kentucky. I had the same situation but my phone is sitting in Columbia, SC

GorillaPimp

Jul 18, 2008
I call and talk to the Loyality dept..whatever its called...ive been with tmo since they were Powertel so whenever they made switch to tmo ive been there. Im always polite, start off by saying ive been tmo a very long time...im a loyal customer as you can see and i love your service. Im interested in (whatever phone you want) what special rate can u offer me? Over the years ive had upgrades awarded early, premium discounts..etc. I dont really think its what you say, i just think its how you say it. Be polite, show respect..if you have to bull**** it, then bull**** it. You gotta be an actor...tell how much you love them and they will reward you. If you go into it being an asshole you wont get squat. You gotta play the game to get what you want. But being rude etc, will never reward you if you are trying to benefit yourself.
qft

everyone wants to be treated with respect

vvilliamm

Jun 15, 2011
wow that was amazing.... i just called and they said no im sorry its released tommorrow and we charge 199 after 50 dollar mail in rebate.. after i said walmart is selling it for 150. Then they offered me a 60 dollar credit on my bill. If i were to sign up a new 2 year contract lol.. i said yes of course..

JayBachatero

Aug 13, 2007
Corona, New York
jaybachatero.com
My shipping info finally showed up on UPS. It's schedule to arrive tomorrow. Shipping from Secaucus, NJ. Good thing they have a warehouse relatively close to NY.

I'm pleased with T-Mobile after this fool forced me to sign a 2 year contract to get a 9700 at full price. Wasn't due for an upgrade till Dec but CS did an override and got it at upgrade price. Funny thing is that I called on Sunday to ask how much I would have to pay to get out of contract.

tenbeau

Apr 24, 2010
Leesburg, Fl
Just called in to Customer rentention and was told NO. Of course I had just upgraded 2 months ago. Would not even take the $50.00 off they generally do for off contract price. I have been with T Mobile for over 13 years. Seems like it really depends on who you talk to(some are icy cold and just say no and others sympathize but say no and than you catch one that says yes. I cannot really blame them for saying no since it has only been about 2 months since my last upgrade and I had upgraded 4 months before that. I will try again later tonight or early in the morning.

builtboosted

Jan 11, 2011
Orlando, Florida
Called T-Mobile tonight around 7. Got off the phone at 730. Got the sensation for 298 and change with warranty, shipping and taxes. I'm happy with that. Should have it by the 23rd. Needless to say ill be returning my Walmart sensation I bought out right tonight. ;-) back to the trusty desire for a week.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

vvilliamm

Jun 15, 2011
well some of them are pretty nice but some of them follows the rules pretty strictly i wonder should i try the store tomorrow or.. try to call in to price match Walmart price?

if the phone broke if i got it in the store will i be able to go to the store for an exchange or do i have to ship it in?

robotnoize

Mar 17, 2010
IE
Why wouldn't anyone get it from Walmart since its one hundred dollars cheaper?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

xnifex

Jul 4, 2006
Phoenix
Just called in to Customer rentention and was told NO. Of course I had just upgraded 2 months ago. Would not even take the $50.00 off they generally do for off contract price. I have been with T Mobile for over 13 years. Seems like it really depends on who you talk to(some are icy cold and just say no and others sympathize but say no and than you catch one that says yes. I cannot really blame them for saying no since it has only been about 2 months since my last upgrade and I had upgraded 4 months before that. I will try again later tonight or early in the morning.

seriously? stop. now you're just being ungrateful. 2 months?!?

davemonkee

Jan 7, 2011
Irving, TX
i got mine from walmart on sun. 12th, the lady who rang it up had no problem selling it to me, she said if it's here in stock why not. of course there was a guy there telling her that she couldn't and she needed to wait until the 15th to sell it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this the kind of thread people lash at you lol. You called ths stores like I did and they said the 15th.... xda isnt gonna be able to tell you different.. i would just look @ tmobile news via droiddog dot come and call your local stores friday saturday and sunday and the days prior to the 15th... good luck.. i want it bad too!

Well...let me set my track record here first...

I was able to get my TouchPro2 2 days early by heading to some select BestBuy stores that had inventory on hand and was willing to sell it. It was a thread just like this that made it possible.

I was also able to get my HD2 2 or 3 days early by calling several local T-Mobile stores. The store I went to said...if the phone is in the system and I have the unit in hand they will sell it. And they did.

So...this is a usefull thread if indeed the phones get sold prior to June 15th. The sooner I get a phone, the sooner I will be able to release a tested ROM or Add-ON.

-CMY
    Seriously, if you are not eligible for an upgrade and customer loyalty offers you the phone for full upgrade price and you ***** about that, you need to just go away. I am not directing this to anyone in particular, more like the ubiquitous you.

Saying tmo sucks or you are cancelling because they won't give you their newest, highest end phone for free days before it even technically goes on sale are just never going to be pleased. I haven't yet used a cell provider as generous as tmo.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
    what you do to get it on? it was in the market? or you sideloaded it?

I just installed the apk I found in the Desire forum using Astro. I attached it, if anyone wants to try it
    I spoke to a tmobile rep today. He told me that a soft launch will happen tomorrow, the 8th in the stores that sell the most phones. All other stores will get them on the 15th. He said the best thing to do is to call around to all the tmobile stores in the AM as soon as they open and ask if they have it. The guy seemed like he was on top of his game and really wanted to help.
    attachment.php

picture of the sensations for prove he does have 4 at the store with s-off