[RECOVERY] CWM for the SK4G. Enjoy!

Search This thread

ayoteddy

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2009
not hard to do at all. unpack, add in ext4 mount options, repack, then flash kernel, and script to convert.

i have no experience with kernels what so ever i dont wanna bother. .and i believe you'd need to be on a linux system like ubuntu ? im on Win7. Hopefully someone with more experience can take a shot at that (although it sounds far too simple)

xmeatizmurderx

Jan 23, 2009
minneapolis
interesting....

I rooted with the epic 4g exploit so I had that recovery and was able to just flash the update through that intead of changing the recovery file in /system/bin. @krylon360 I had over 300mb free space so I dunno what other bloat I'm supposed to delete, root explorer said the system folder had 44mb free and I don't think I should start deleting stuff outta there... but this might be a workaround if someone else finds themself in the same situation I did

Last edited:

jomarxx

Aug 23, 2010
kissimmee, FL
I think I did....I'm a noob..... when i pushed a really big list of commands poped up so I assumed it did

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA App

ayoteddy

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2009
I think I did....I'm a noob..... when i pushed a really big list of commands poped up so I assumed it did

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA App

first, i hope your rooted lol.. otherwise;

if your signature failed then it didnt go through

Get Super Manager from the Market (noob friendly, like root explorer witha dress on) ; Open , click the setting icon and enable root.

Find the modded recovery on your SD, copy it. Navigate to system/bin and search recovery , rename it to Recovery.bak (incase you need to restore it) then paste the one you copied and your set. go into recovery and reinstall packages.

maybe abit overkill, but it'll work.

Reactions: jomarxx

jomarxx

Aug 23, 2010
kissimmee, FL
first, i hope your rooted lol.. otherwise;

if your signature failed then it didnt go through

Get Super Manager from the Market (noob friendly, like root explorer witha dress on) ; Open , click the setting icon and enable root.

Find the modded recovery on your SD, copy it. Navigate to system/bin and search recovery , rename it to Recovery.bak (incase you need to restore it) then paste the one you copied and your set. go into recovery and reinstall packages.

maybe abit overkill, but it'll work.

thanx that worked

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Special thanks goes out to everyone who tested for me.

I do not have the device, so I rely heavily on testers to report any bugs.

Here is CWM for the SK4G.

You will need to modify your stock recovery binary to be able to use CWM.
    Kernel Devs can also compile CWM into their kernel by extracting the update.zip and building it into their initramfs.

To replace your stock recovery binary with the modified binary:
    download this file
    DEAD. USE BALI KERNEL
    Exatract and take the recovery binary file inside of it and use root explorer or adb push the file to /system/bin.
    DO NOT delete the current one there, or rename any files.
    Just overwrite it.
    I would however, recommend getting Android Commander from www.androidcommander.com It's a lot easier, and a lot more useful.

CWM Final
    DEAD. USE BALI KERNEL
    Place in the root of your SD.

You can now use Quick Boot from the market, or adb reboot recovery to boot into CWM

I have sent Koush the device tree to have the official update.zip supported within Rom Manager.

UNTESTED:
    You can also take the contents from the update.zip and replace the contents that are in noobnl's recovery rerouter/root.
    Again, I haven't tested that due to not having the device.
    I have integrated cwm with the oneclickroot script and zipped it all up here:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12704578/sk4g test oneclickroot.zip

to use:
    1. Enable Debugging on your phone (Settings>Applications>development>USB Debugging)
    2. unzip the .zip file above on your computer
    3. double click on the run.bat in that folder.
    Your phone will reboot into recovery at the end of the script.

I took out the rooting aspect of the script, so use SuperOneClick to root your phone before using this script, if you don't have root.
    now on Rom Manager thanks to Koush
    Steps:
    ODIN
    Root http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1348477
    Have update.zip on root of sd card.
    Boot into CMW.
    Install Update.zip
    Then check mounts
    Wipe and clear cache
    Flash rom
    Check mounts (make sure its unmount, mount, mount, unmount)

Follow exactly. Don't use rom manager to install cwm it causes problems.

Pm if u still can't get it!
    Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA Premium App
    Don't Forget the Thanks Button :)
    Krylon, can you enable adb and su?

ro.secure=0
    ro.debuggable=1
    persist.service.adb.enable=1

yep, i'll do it tonight at work.