Post Reply Email Thread
15th June 2011, 10:22 PM |#51  
Retired Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 641

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicmora5

So if I m completely stock, would the safest most noob proof route for me be to root via oneclick then just dl clockwork via rom manager?

yup

10 char
The Following User Says Thank You to ayoteddy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ayoteddy Ad-Free

15th June 2011, 10:56 PM |#52  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Having trouble
Hey, I'm still having trouble getting my SK4G to boot into CWM recovery. I replaced the recovery binary into the /system/bin folder and have the update.zip in the sdcard root. I've tried using the adb reboot recovery, reboot recovery from the terminal emulator, and shutting it down and getting into recovery with the +/- power combo. I replaced the recovery binary each time but it booted into the stock recovery anyway. Is there something I'm missing?
15th June 2011, 10:58 PM |#53  
Retired Recognized Developer
MN
Thanks Meter: 333

Donate to Me
More
It's a fake flash colindh. you have to press "reinstall packages".
The Following User Says Thank You to sduvick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sduvick Ad-Free
15th June 2011, 11:23 PM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoteddy

yup

10 char

Thank you sir.
15th June 2011, 11:50 PM |#55  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sduvick

Krylon, can you enable adb and su?

ro.secure=0
ro.debuggable=1
persist.service.adb.enable=1

yep, i'll do it tonight at work.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krylon360 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krylon360 Ad-Free
16th June 2011, 11:06 AM |#56  
Flag Chico
Thanks Meter: 25

More
edit- nvm 4th times the charm...
16th June 2011, 12:01 PM |#57  
Retired Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 641

Donate to Me
More
i seem to have a problem with the CWM update.zip from Rom manager.

when i try to wipe/factory reset CWM freezes at wiping sdcard/.android secure

i read on the SGS4G Forums people where having problems with the CWM from ROM manager too (cept they mentioned backup restores stopped at .android secure) i havent tested the backup/restore for the CWM from ROM manager but the Update.zip i had in my downloads folder (Update.zip before ROM manager) still works perfect
16th June 2011, 02:04 PM |#58  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Ok i just rooted with super one click download rom manager to installed cwm n i wanted to backup rom just in case anything go wrong so i reboot to recovery i press re-install packages n i get an error i did the simple thing n no im not a noob just need more instruction

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to SharkBait Ha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SharkBait Ha Ad-Free
16th June 2011, 02:05 PM |#59  
Retired Recognized Developer
MN
Thanks Meter: 333

Donate to Me
More
if the error is something about signature verification failed, look at the OP. you need to change the stock /system/bin/recovery so that it can flash non-signed zips.
16th June 2011, 08:38 PM |#60  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thanks. Although most of us probably have some experience with this kind of stuff I still think that you should include a few more instructions in the OP. For instance, the fact that one has to reinstall pkgs. I actually had to read through a few pages in this thread before I figured that out (I didn't want to accidentally mess up my wife's phone).

So perhaps you could include that as one of the steps along with a few other notes for users.

Thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to droctii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift droctii Ad-Free
17th June 2011, 09:23 AM |#61  
Ill be making it work with 1clickroot as well as a redirect for recovery so you wont need to replace the recovery file.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to krylon360 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krylon360 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)