Gingerbread for SGS4G

Search This thread

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
Samfirmware is getting down to business, i hope they get their request for the Vibrant answered this week. Captivate will get a leak tomorrow.

hd2life

Nov 29, 2010
Is this official Samsung site i dont get it how can they get there hands on the firmware. Shouldn't SGs4g firmaware work on our phones?

iynfynity

Sep 21, 2010
they tweeted that the one for vibrant is being requested.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

shreddintyres

Aug 25, 2010
Richardson, Tx
any one know which gps chip the SGS4g has? if it is similar or the same as ours it is very likely that the drivers will work on our devices. my understanding is that the lack of gps drivers is what is keeping the current 2.3.x roms from working. im sure we will find something out soon :)

hd2life

Nov 29, 2010
There is a stock sgs4g 2.2.1 firmware in rom development, i installed it and i worked just fine. It was a little lagy but gps worked sort of ok. It should work people get ready to cook.

Longcat14

Feb 13, 2011
Dallas
It's been a WHOLE 4 HOURS and where's our new GPS enabled ROM overlords whom I for one welcome? And, while we're at it, how's the battery life?

The JVP port that Birgertime made actually has REALLY good battery life for me.

It's been about 22 hours (since I last charged it) and it's at 7%, with normal usage.

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
CM7 + GPS = EVERYONE RAGEQUIT OTHER ROM AND GO TO IT.

I'm looking for a new EDT rom though... they really do make appearance a good job on it.

edit: i reraed what i said and i make no sense... simpler words

**** YEAHHHHHHHH GPS

funeralthirst

Jul 11, 2010
Boise
this leak isn't going to help cm7. they are already working on wrapping the gps driver for cm7. if this were source, it'd be different, but it's not, so it doesn't matter.
the other gb roms, though, this is what they've been waiting for.

Top Liked Posts