Dell firmware fix news update

Search This thread

Necrothug

Jun 15, 2011
That is criminal as all hell.

Actually, I don't think it is criminal.

Here's the deal though, everyone here on this thread knows you are pissed. Is there any real reason for you to keep beating this dead horse? You've ranted to the point of insulting other posters. Time to take your anger elsewhere, because its doing no good here.

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Xiaomi Mix Fold 3
I already have gone that route. Long story but they will only give me half the money back. And tha goes back to the same thing. I am not spending another dime to get another WinMo7 phone. The simple awnser is, no I will not buy from them EVER again, but I also am not going to just lay down dead and say, "well the got my $500". I have done that way to much with the crap they shove out the door now a days. If it was $40, maybe. But they can give me a full refund or nothing. And you just pointed out another problem -- Dell is offering different solutions for different people. Some people call to try to swap their phone out (which doesn't help - they are all messed up) and they go ahead and ship them. Other people are told, to bad - they just have to wait for an update.

Sorry for going off on you, but I have worked for companies like this before. One of the possibilities for a solution they do look at, is the possibility of just waiting the consumer out and believing they will just give up and move on. That is criminal as all hell.

but after all that voicing of your issue and not going toward any other option, you're stuck waiting just like the rest of us are doing - waiting...

So you may not like the wait answer but its the only one you got :rolleyes:

Thunder_47

May 30, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I've read through this thread and I can't seem to pick out what firmware you guys are complaining about...I got a DVP for my birthday from a carrier that usually has low-quality phones. According to the phone the firmware is 2250.1800.7355.209 with OS version 7.0.7392

Is this what everybody is complaining about? My phone locked up once since I've had it and that was because I was trying to download 7 apps and sync 500 messages to my email, while connected to Wifi.

What I am mainly concerned with the DVP is the lack of editing the registry. I know Notebookgrail is almost there because he made a compass (and the flashlight)

So yes. We are waiting. Waiting for the next big thing which could be 1 of 3 things: Mango, this Firmware Update, or somebody finding a registry hack.

gmontem

Sep 3, 2007
I've read through this thread and I can't seem to pick out what firmware you guys are complaining about...I got a DVP for my birthday from a carrier that usually has low-quality phones. According to the phone the firmware is 2250.1800.7355.209 with OS version 7.0.7392

Some of us still have the firmware since the phone was launched -- 2250.1500.7004.105.

One thing I would like to know is why does Microsoft allow Dell to release new phones with a "209" firmware when they themselves will not push it through the Zune software?

gmontem

Sep 3, 2007
-- stuff deleted to shorten quote --

Overall, no more overheating, wifi fixed, stronger cellular signal, actual 3g -> H (yes H) with better battery life are some pretty good things. read/write speeds seem to be improved as well. More info released tomorrow

Any news on the info that is supposed to be released today? Can you just spill the beans for us and be done with it?

Jun 15, 2011
www.linkedin.com
Thanks

Just wanted to thank you and the others who have been working on this. I think the DVP has the potential to be an exceptional phone and appreciate the work of everyone who has been trying to come up with a stable fix.

1. I've been right there with you on this device. I'm not Dell. I'm just a guy that writes some tech news from time to time when I don't have clients to see.

2. the product life isn't over seeing mango is pushed out on the devices. There's still at least 6 months of a shelf life due to mango - hopefully not any new issues.

3. B/t? oo need to test that thanks for the reminder! Have not tested it

4. Let's be real. The dell name is pretty much tantamount to not so good right now in the consumer space. I'll be frank and I've been on the receiving end of it. However, Dell could tie their hands up and just say forget it and they're not.

They are actually working on a solution to benefit everyone. There is still testing, and bugs to work out unfortunately but that's just how it is. I wish the update came out tomorrow for everyone so you can see what me and a few other users are talking about but that would be far too premature.

yes the wifi is fixed, but what about everything else? I can say right now that while there are new camera settings, there is no antishake feature (like on the samsung focus devices) that will be added to the dvp due to h/w limitation. But give Dell a chance.

I'm not asking anyone to forget what Dell has done. But, as my article mentioned previously, microsoft did sorta step in and are assisting in the process.

Overall, no more overheating, wifi fixed, stronger cellular signal, actual 3g -> H (yes H) with better battery life are some pretty good things. read/write speeds seem to be improved as well. More info released tomorrow

Thunder_47

May 30, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
That was a good read. Since I experience signal drops when going from G-E-3G-H (if that is the correct order) and some camera instability. I assume this firmware update will go beyond the .209?

Arcarsenal

An interesting read that's for sure. A nice list of changes as well. Does it also address the RAM amount misreporting?

For those of us who have had the DVP since November of last year, does that make us Alpha testers for this device? I'm happy things are finally moving but it's pretty incredible I've had the phone for about 7 months and Dell is still working on a stable firmware for it with no ETA. Wouldn't mind be added to the Beta program either.

alodar1

Aug 6, 2007
Auburn, WA
Microsoft Surface Duo
Some of us still have the firmware since the phone was launched -- 2250.1500.7004.105.

One thing I would like to know is why does Microsoft allow Dell to release new phones with a "209" firmware when they themselves will not push it through the Zune software?

The 209 firmware was on the dell for att. 210 was on the free market phoned. 206 was supposed to be the northamerican firmware for nodo. All of this is usual

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Xiaomi Mix Fold 3
nods
to add no idea whether or not dell will go over a few more revisions either...I mean save from camera flash and a few finaggling issues, its solid I can definitely say that. But other experiences vary so its difficult to determine whether it will work.

Plus the article noted that there is a microsd issue that is still intermittent that caused a lot of the issues. So we will see, but I am glad that the reactions on the articles so far are positive

Reactions: Theycallme Tim

Thunder_47

May 30, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I just got a radio upgrade for my DVP from my carrier. They say it will allow me to access the new 4g network the carrier is putting up. Anybody ever had a radio upgrade?

Also, I suspect my carrier buys its phones en masse from manufacturers. So would that be make the phone "generic" ?

RandomXIII

Jul 20, 2008
Make me extremely curious what firmware you guys are using ? Would you mind use Windows Phone 7 Backup Tools to back up the current firmware and share with the xda communities ?
Another month is way too long, considering that we have waited like 7 months already.

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Xiaomi Mix Fold 3
I just got a radio upgrade for my DVP from my carrier. They say it will allow me to access the new 4g network the carrier is putting up. Anybody ever had a radio upgrade?

Also, I suspect my carrier buys its phones en masse from manufacturers. So would that be make the phone "generic" ?

it very well could but it depends on carrier...if so kudos!
but I wonder is it an ATT subsidiary...

as far as firmware cues. we tried to swap firmwares from backups pre nodo. It didn't work =(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Indeed. Someone better post a picture of some cute kittens before there's an all-out flame war :O

cute-kittens-nap-together.jpg
    We have already given them half of this year. Apparently they are strong believers in the practice 'if they give you an inch, take a mile'. Can someone name another phone that has had this big of a problem fixing this big of an issue?
    Samaung Vibrant/Epic/Captivate/Fascinate - GPS doesnt lock on the phones.
    Iphone 4 - Reception issues
    LG G2X - Random force closes and reboot issues.

Your not the only person whos ever got a buggy phone Missionsparta. You could be like those Samsung owners and never get a fix or the LG G2X owners with no ETA. Get off the cross and wait. Dell is fixing the issue this week.
    I can't help but throw my hands up at the whole update situation on Windows Phone 7. I honestly feel this firmware release is delayed by Microsoft and not Dell...

I mean seriously why would Dell be shipping a firmware with the major build number tied to the Feb. NoDo build (7355) on their new and refurbished phones now, but now releasing it to us? The only reason I can think of is that Microsoft is required to push our firmware update via Zune and they have been stalling.

That leaves us and Dell in a tight spot. Dell can't release timely updates to fix our major issues... Even worse they can't communicate because the truth just is that they have no idea when it will be released.

Centralized updates for the OS makes perfect sense, but I don't see why the OEM shouldn't be able to push out their own firmware updates via their own tools... Or why Microsoft just doesn't push an OEM firmware update instantly...

Other OEMs have been able to release firmware updates through Zune though. Not to mention that Dell is the only OEM having these major stability issues. Could be any number of reasons why Dell hasn't released it to existing owners - still working on update process, adding more features/fixes before releasing etc.
    ok guys keep this thread on topic and no more fighting if i have to come back for the same thing thread is gonna get locked
    so please try to keep on topic and if you dont have something nice to say dont say it ^_^