1,645 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,139

By Calkulin, Recognized Developer on 5th June 2010, 12:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th March 2011, 01:18 AM |#261  
Flag Warren,MI
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Can i fix my sd card using the terminal on the phone?

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App
4th May 2011, 11:31 PM |#262  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ok so im new to this. I went to fastboot in bootloader and I hooked it up to the computer. What do I do before I put in the commands cause i keep get error messages.
26th May 2011, 08:40 PM |#263  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
thanks!

15th June 2011, 11:49 AM |#264  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sruon

Btw to reenable SD Card and shits go into fastboot and type

fastboot oem enableqxdm 0
fastboot reboot

Can you be a little more detailed? When restart my Evo holding the power and vol down buttomn I see an option for Fastboot, but I don't see any way to enter commands.
16th June 2011, 09:26 AM |#265  
Thanks Meter: 929

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsf3g

Can you be a little more detailed? When restart my Evo holding the power and vol down buttomn I see an option for Fastboot, but I don't see any way to enter commands.

You need to have your Evo connected to the computer via USB. You also need to have the fastboot binary on your computer (install the android sdk tools if you haven't already). Then from your bootloader, select the 'fastboot' option. That will put your Evo in fastboot usb mode. Now, open up a command prompt on your computer, and enter the commands from the terminal. To check if your phone is detected before entering the commands, type 'fastboot devices' then hit enter. If your phone is detected, the command prompt should output your phone's serial number. If so, then you're good to go ahead and enter the commands. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to k2buckley For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift k2buckley Ad-Free
17th June 2011, 11:31 AM |#266  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2buckley

You need to have your Evo connected to the computer via USB. You also need to have the fastboot binary on your computer (install the android sdk tools if you haven't already). Then from your bootloader, select the 'fastboot' option. That will put your Evo in fastboot usb mode. Now, open up a command prompt on your computer, and enter the commands from the terminal. To check if your phone is detected before entering the commands, type 'fastboot devices' then hit enter. If your phone is detected, the command prompt should output your phone's serial number. If so, then you're good to go ahead and enter the commands. Good luck.

Thank you so very much for your help. Using these instructions and your help I manged to get both my SD card functionality back and USB. What's more, lack of USB had broken my bluetooth, apparently, because now I have bluetooth back also!!!!

P.S. As with others, I had the issue where terminal emulator gave me a "not permitted" after the reboot command. Just shut the phone down manually and re-started and all was well.
17th June 2011, 03:31 PM |#267  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2buckley

This helped immensely too as well. Thank you.

Does anyone know exactly why the SD card would unmount without unplugging it while it is mounted?

This has probably happened to me at least three times.

Is it simply because I have a bad micro SD card?
17th June 2011, 06:50 PM |#268  
Flag Disney World
Thanks Meter: 145

More
This seems to have worked for me at first, but I'm still having the same issues... once a new ROM is flashed, my SD card isn't recognized again. I've wiped multiple times and I no longer get the error message that the SD card isn't mounted or that it's not inserted. But I can't get any of the apps that are installed on the card to show up. Not sure what to do.

After flashing a few more times and wiping a BUNCH of times, I think I've figured out what is causing it, but not WHY? I'm good on most every ROM until I flash the new KingsROM6.x. It works for a short while, then I get a message that the card has become unmounted or removed.
I do a few more wipes, then this process again and then we're good.
Have to find a ROM that looks as good as that one that doesn't do this.
17th June 2011, 07:45 PM |#269  
Thanks Meter: 929

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0tes

This helped immensely too as well. Thank you.

Does anyone know exactly why the SD card would unmount without unplugging it while it is mounted?

This has probably happened to me at least three times.

Is it simply because I have a bad micro SD card?

Glad to help. I'm not sure what would cause it to keep happening. I myself have never had this issue before (fortunately). What type of card do you use...I suppose it could be faulty cards.

Thank you so very much for your help. Using these instructions and your help I manged to get both my SD card functionality back and USB. What's more, lack of USB had broken my bluetooth, apparently, because now I have bluetooth back also!!!!

P.S. As with others, I had the issue where terminal emulator gave me a "not permitted" after the reboot command. Just shut the phone down manually and re-started and all was wel

Glad to help!
19th June 2011, 03:07 PM |#270  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Thumbs up
+1 for the USB fix being successful! Thank you, all, for your time and effort.
6th July 2011, 08:10 PM |#271  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
i've tried the method for fixing usb, but it doesnt work for me. the only problem I have is when i execute reboot, it tells me

"not permited!".

Not sure what else I can do. I also tried flashing the Desire's update.zip as someone suggested, but the recovery image wont accept its signature.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)