FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Sony Xperia Arc vs Samsung Galaxy S2

30 posts
Thanks Meter: 14
 
By joplin48, Junior Member on 14th March 2011, 07:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th June 2011, 11:41 AM |#61  
doministry's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bytom, Poland
Thanks Meter: 428
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickkyboy36

i love the way how the SEfanboyz have twisted the dualcore thing as a bad thing.

"it uses so much battery" - rubbish

"the arc's performance is just as good" - rubbish

"single core gets the job done so what's the point" windows 95 got the job done, should we never evolve in ANYTHING we do?

Without a doubt double core will be a standard and will push smartphones to a new level.

What I am trying to say is that ATM it's just a gimmick without any big advantage. Just because it's not a standard etc.

And it's true, Arc performance is AS GOOD. If there are some performance gains because of double core they are MINOR. It doesn't influence real performance.

But of course it's a state of things ATM, and soon all the smarties will have big double cores, so it will become a standard SO things will go further in development.
 
 
16th June 2011, 01:20 PM |#62  
emorej's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Doha
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
I used SGS2 for about a month, and yes its a great phone..but now i switched to xperia arc, which i found better than the SGS2 in 6 out of 10 ways...

1. SGS2 is fast but it lags for about 3 sec when opening after sleep, and when using apps and going back to home it lags 2-3sec. Arc 1 sec only..

2. Arc camera is better and faster..

3. Sound is better on arc than on SGS2..

4. Colors are natural on ARC than on SGS2 (cartoons)

5. I find arc display to be better and really natural, it amaze me, sgs2 is good, but what i like about arc is when your outside and on the sun the screen is still stunning and readable 101% and makes the color appear vivid, arc best them all on this department..

6. Lastly the design of arc is the greatest phone ever engineered i think..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emorej For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift emorej Ad-Free
16th June 2011, 04:51 PM |#63  
Senior Member
Flag Jayapura
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emorej

1. SGS2 is fast but it lags for about 3 sec when opening after sleep, and when using apps and going back to home it lags 2-3sec. Arc 1 sec only..

I've ever read somewhere here about that 3sec delay, someone said that 3sec delay was designed by samsung so you can double tap your launcher/home icon. I don't have SGS2 so I can't try it.
17th June 2011, 10:00 AM |#64  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
GS2 should be much more faster than arc, but arc have great looking.
18th June 2011, 03:12 AM |#65  
doministry's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bytom, Poland
Thanks Meter: 428
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emorej

I used SGS2 for about a month, and yes its a great phone..but now i switched to xperia arc, which i found better than the SGS2 in 6 out of 10 ways...

1. SGS2 is fast but it lags for about 3 sec when opening after sleep, and when using apps and going back to home it lags 2-3sec. Arc 1 sec only..

2. Arc camera is better and faster..

3. Sound is better on arc than on SGS2..

4. Colors are natural on ARC than on SGS2 (cartoons)

5. I find arc display to be better and really natural, it amaze me, sgs2 is good, but what i like about arc is when your outside and on the sun the screen is still stunning and readable 101% and makes the color appear vivid, arc best them all on this department..

6. Lastly the design of arc is the greatest phone ever engineered i think..

Thanks this sums things up.
Plus Arc has a great battery life now.
The Following User Says Thank You to doministry For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift doministry Ad-Free
18th June 2011, 09:40 AM |#66  
emorej's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Doha
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doministry

Thanks this sums things up.
Plus Arc has a great battery life now.


Yes battery life is superb!!!
18th June 2011, 01:35 PM |#67  
Step666's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,079
 
More
I would never describe less than 2 days as superb - average maybe.
18th June 2011, 11:00 PM |#68  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Step666

I would never describe less than 2 days as superb - average maybe.

I do, for a smartphone.
18th June 2011, 11:17 PM |#69  
im_iceman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Alsager
Thanks Meter: 131
 
More
+1... a very solid heavy day is excellent for this type of phone.
18th June 2011, 11:23 PM |#70  
Step666's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,079
 
More
My Defy used to get anywhere up to 5 days depending on how heavily I used it.
No matter what I do with my Arc, I can't get past 2 days.

My Defy was superb for battery life, my Arc is thoroughly decent but nothing special.

And given how well the Galaxy S2 has performed in battery tests from GSMArena and Engadget, I very much doubt it would be significantly worse than the Arc in terms of battery performance - Samsung's stock power management down-clocks the CPU as low as 200MHz to get the most out the battery.
18th June 2011, 11:27 PM |#71  
im_iceman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Alsager
Thanks Meter: 131
 
More
Arc auto downclocks too...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes