[THEME]Blue Medley v1.2 | Serendipity 7 | Swype 3!! | Overscroll Glow, SGSII Icons

Search This thread

timmytim

Jan 6, 2011
Phoenix

Introducing the Blue Medley Theme for Serendipity 7

Swype installers available in 2nd post

"This theme is a collection, (or medley) of elements gathered from several other different themes that I personally like. Most of the inspiration comes from the the Matted Blues theme, however that theme alone was just not "doing it" for me. I missed having colored icons in my system menu and extended power controls. I also really love the SGS II icons, so I wanted to use those as well. I really like the green used by Mikey & Chance in S7, but I just wanted something else to look at once in a while. I hope you like this theme as much as I do."

Thanks to Showman94 for providing the themed keyboard and dialer that I borrowed

Features
(minus what I can't think of at the moment)

• Moddified Touchwiz 3 launcher w/ 5 icon dock & transparent app drawer (make your default launcher at first boot)
  • SGS II Icon Pack
  • Matching Blue Overscroll Effect & Matching Popup boxes Mod
  • Modded Extended Power Control widget
  • Honeycomb Battery w/ Accurate Battery Mod
  • Honeycomb / Firefly Analog Clock Widget
  • Themed GB Keyboard
  • Themed MTM WP7 Keyboard
  • Themed Dialer

Themed SGSII App Icons

• Browser
  • Camera
  • Contacts
  • Desk Clock
  • DialerTab
  • Gallery 3D
  • Gmail
  • MMS
  • Music
  • Phone
  • Settings
  • TWCalculator
  • TWCalendar
  • Market App
  • Video Player
  • Task Manager

Screenshots

a1.jpg
a3.jpg
a4.jpg
a5.jpg
a6.jpg
a7.jpg
a8.jpg
a9.jpg
a10.jpg
a14.jpg
a15.jpg

Known Issues

• Ghosted images in the status bar when the browser is open - FIXED

Still To Do

• Include some blue sub-text to system fonts
  • Theme Keyboard and/or Swype - DONE
  • Theme the dialer - DONE
  • Theme More App Icons (by request)
  • Possibly Theme Some Widgets (also by request)
  • Change the color on the extended power control widget to match the blue of the theme (it's noticeably off) - DONE
Downloads (flash with CWM)

* Download The Full Blue Medley Theme Here (ver.1.2)

* Download the Blue Medley Theme update (From ver 1.0 to ver. 1.2)

* Download The Stock Serendipity 7 Recovery Here

The font used in the screenshots is called Comfortaa. I have attached it to this post for your use. It is an apk so copy it to your sdcard and install it manually if desired.

Please don't be afraid to click that Thanks button if you like this theme!

Attachments

• blue_wallpaper.jpg
    blue_wallpaper.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 766
  • com.monotype.android.font.Comforta.apk
    24.6 KB · Views: 358
  • default_wallpaper.jpg
    default_wallpaper.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 654
Last edited:

timmytim

Jan 6, 2011
Phoenix
Change logs:

Code:
[U][B]Version 1.2
[/B][/U]
- Changed textfield input box marker to blue (from orange)

- Themed the dialer

- Added themed Gingerbread MTM WP7 keyboard

- Themed Job Manager and Video Player app icons

[U][B]Version 1.1[/B][/U] 

- Removed Email, Facebook, Gtalk, and Voice Dialer apps from full install package

- Changed SMS and MMS icons in notification bars to grey (were bright blue & pink before)

- Fixed ghosted images in notification bar while stock browser was open

- Re-themed extended power widget. Now semi-transparent w/ matching blue buttons

- Themed Gingerbread keyboard

- Made calculator buttons blue instead of S7 green

[B]Version 1.0[/B] - Initial Relase

Optional Downloads
(flash with CWM)

Swype (blue but not themed. ver. 2.29.71.20184.153)

a11.jpg

Swype Beta 3 Themed!!! (Flash with CWM)

a12.jpg
a13.jpg

Last edited:

Nismo88

Jan 13, 2011
looks awesome, one thing i noticed is the status bar changes to grey when in a couple apps (gmail, market, facebook) maybe thats just on my end?
themed swype would be very cool too

goes really well with the Blux AS go launcher theme :D

timmytim

Jan 6, 2011
Phoenix
looks awesome, one thing i noticed is the status bar changes to grey when in a couple apps (gmail, market, facebook) maybe thats just on my end?
themed swype would be very cool too

goes really well with the Blux AS go launcher theme :D

Hi Nismo. I'm glad you mentioned that. The status bar actually isn't changing color. It just seems that way because I made it about 75% transparent for a cooler effect when pulling the shade down. It looks grey because the apps you are opening have white backgrounds so they appear to change to grey behind the black semi-transparent status bar :D

Last edited:

Nismo88

Jan 13, 2011
Hi Nismo. I'm glad you asked. The satus bar actually i'snt changing coloring. It just seems that way because I made it about 75% transparent for a cooler effect when pulling the shade down. It looks grey because the apps you are opening have white backgrounds so they appear to change to grey behind the black semi-transparent status bar :D

ahhh, yes i see that now that you say it. very cool. my phone in my dialer is still green :(

Gurgs

Sep 28, 2010
Parrish
Loving the theme, can't wait to see what else you do with it. One thing I have going on is when I touch the slider on the epic lock screen it turns into either the clockwork symbol or the download mode symbol? Anyone else seeing this or did I have a weird flash? Lol

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

timmytim

Jan 6, 2011
Phoenix
Loving the theme, can't wait to see what else you do with it. One thing I have going on is when I touch the slider on the epic lock screen it turns into either the clockwork symbol or the download mode symbol? Anyone else seeing this or did I have a weird flash? Lol

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

I just checked and I am not having that issue. Are you using any kind of lock screen app? If not, try to reboot into recovery and clear dalvik cache. If that doesnt work, then I suppose reflash it or flash the recovery zip and see if it goes away., If so, then flash the theme again.

That's weird. I don't know how you would be getting those icons on the unlock screen. They aren't even closely named...... LOL!

helloEdwen

Jun 18, 2011
This is actually really nice :) I like the color scheme. Keep it up

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

timmytim

Jan 6, 2011
Phoenix

Isn't that JVO or JVP based? It should be flashable on that ROM. Just make sure to make a flashable Apex backup of the framework and apps and copy it to your SDcard first just in case.

I'd love to port it but Im happy with Serendipity and don't have time or the desire to flash back and forth with Apex.

Sent from my Cappy.........

Last edited:

Gurgs

Sep 28, 2010
Parrish
I just checked and I am not having that issue. Are you using any kind of lock screen app? If not, try to reboot into recovery and clear dalvik cache. If that doesnt work, then I suppose reflash it or flash the recovery zip and see if it goes away., If so, then flash the theme again.

That's weird. I don't know how you would be getting those icons on the unlock screen. They aren't even closely named...... LOL!

Ok I have tried everything I know to do other than re-flashing Serendipity and I will wait til a new version comes out before I try that. My issues I am having are:

1. Weird slider symbols on Epic lockscreen

2. No matter what notification I get on Epic lockscreen it shows 1 missed call and the box is mis-aligned

3. On the extended power menu I have colored symbols on the first 4 but Reboot, Recovery, and Download have the blue battery symbol out beside them.

Also when I used the revert package and went back to stock Serendipity theme I had the same issues except on the extended power menu it was the green battery instead of the blue one. And on the Epic lockscreen the slider turned into two different things.

timmytim

Jan 6, 2011
Phoenix
Ok I have tried everything I know to do other than re-flashing Serendipity and I will wait til a new version comes out before I try that. My issues I am having are:

1. Weird slider symbols on Epic lockscreen

2. No matter what notification I get on Epic lockscreen it shows 1 missed call and the box is mis-aligned

3. On the extended power menu I have colored symbols on the first 4 but Reboot, Recovery, and Download have the blue battery symbol out beside them.

Also when I used the revert package and went back to stock Serendipity theme I had the same issues except on the extended power menu it was the green battery instead of the blue one. And on the Epic lockscreen the slider turned into two different things.

You are Serendipity 7 and not 6.4 correct? I made the theme on Serendipity 7 update 2. Did you install that update?

Also, what launcher are you using?

Gurgs

Sep 28, 2010
Parrish
You are Serendipity 7 and not 6.4 correct? I made the theme on Serendipity 7 update 2. Did you install that update?

Also, what launcher are you using?

I have a theory that my problem may be that I flashed your theme over the theme I had on before, which was Matted Blues for the Apex rom. So whatever framework changes that theme made is probably screwing up this theme for me. I am downloading Serendipity update 2 full rom right now and am gonna do a fresh flash then apply your theme and hopefully that will solve my problems. I also use the TW4 from fraggor in the I9000 section but I will make sure my problems are gone before I install that.

timmytim

Jan 6, 2011
Phoenix
I have a theory that my problem may be that I flashed your theme over the theme I had on before, which was Matted Blues for the Apex rom. So whatever framework changes that theme made is probably screwing up this theme for me. I am downloading Serendipity update 2 full rom right now and am gonna do a fresh flash then apply your theme and hopefully that will solve my problems. I also use the TW4 from fraggor in the I9000 section but I will make sure my problems are gone before I install that.

More than likley its TW4 but could also be that theme. Its best to start from stock. Sorry about the troubles. Hopefully after you do a fresh flash you'll be able to enjoy the theme :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Introducing the Blue Medley Theme for Serendipity 7

Swype installers available in 2nd post

"This theme is a collection, (or medley) of elements gathered from several other different themes that I personally like. Most of the inspiration comes from the the Matted Blues theme, however that theme alone was just not "doing it" for me. I missed having colored icons in my system menu and extended power controls. I also really love the SGS II icons, so I wanted to use those as well. I really like the green used by Mikey & Chance in S7, but I just wanted something else to look at once in a while. I hope you like this theme as much as I do."

Thanks to Showman94 for providing the themed keyboard and dialer that I borrowed

Features
    (minus what I can't think of at the moment)

• Moddified Touchwiz 3 launcher w/ 5 icon dock & transparent app drawer (make your default launcher at first boot)
    • SGS II Icon Pack
    • Matching Blue Overscroll Effect & Matching Popup boxes Mod
    • Modded Extended Power Control widget
    • Honeycomb Battery w/ Accurate Battery Mod
    • Honeycomb / Firefly Analog Clock Widget
    • Themed GB Keyboard
    • Themed MTM WP7 Keyboard
    • Themed Dialer

Themed SGSII App Icons

• Browser
    • Camera
    • Contacts
    • Desk Clock
    • DialerTab
    • Gallery 3D
    • Gmail
    • MMS
    • Music
    • Phone
    • Settings
    • TWCalculator
    • TWCalendar
    • Market App
    • Video Player
    • Task Manager

Screenshots

a1.jpg
    a3.jpg
    a4.jpg
    a5.jpg
    a6.jpg
    a7.jpg
    a8.jpg
    a9.jpg
    a10.jpg
    a14.jpg
    a15.jpg

Known Issues

• Ghosted images in the status bar when the browser is open - FIXED

Still To Do

• Include some blue sub-text to system fonts
    • Theme Keyboard and/or Swype - DONE
    • Theme the dialer - DONE
    • Theme More App Icons (by request)
    • Possibly Theme Some Widgets (also by request)
    • Change the color on the extended power control widget to match the blue of the theme (it's noticeably off) - DONE
    Downloads (flash with CWM)

* Download The Full Blue Medley Theme Here (ver.1.2)

* Download the Blue Medley Theme update (From ver 1.0 to ver. 1.2)

* Download The Stock Serendipity 7 Recovery Here

The font used in the screenshots is called Comfortaa. I have attached it to this post for your use. It is an apk so copy it to your sdcard and install it manually if desired.

Please don't be afraid to click that Thanks button if you like this theme!

Change logs:

Code:
    [U][B]Version 1.2
    [/B][/U]
    - Changed textfield input box marker to blue (from orange)

- Themed the dialer

- Added themed Gingerbread MTM WP7 keyboard

- Themed Job Manager and Video Player app icons

[U][B]Version 1.1[/B][/U] 

- Removed Email, Facebook, Gtalk, and Voice Dialer apps from full install package

- Changed SMS and MMS icons in notification bars to grey (were bright blue & pink before)

- Fixed ghosted images in notification bar while stock browser was open

- Re-themed extended power widget. Now semi-transparent w/ matching blue buttons

- Themed Gingerbread keyboard

- Made calculator buttons blue instead of S7 green

[B]Version 1.0[/B] - Initial Relase

Optional Downloads
    (flash with CWM)

Swype (blue but not themed. ver. 2.29.71.20184.153)

a11.jpg

Swype Beta 3 Themed!!! (Flash with CWM)

a12.jpg
    a13.jpg
    Here's something for the Blue Medley folks, this is TalonDev 0.4.3 340MB 1200 Mhz with a special kernel logo made by Joecascio2000, which I modified to look better with Blue Medley. The source can be found here. All credit for the actual kernel goes to existz, kodos96, ytt3r, zacharias.maladroit, xcaliburinhand, and everyone else who has contributed to their project. Credit for the logo goes to me :) Joecascio2000 and ChanceM and/or MikeyMike01.

CWM zip and logo.jpg attached
    I originally made this for Bluedipity and then Serendipity, and now at the request of reinbeau, I have made it for Blue Medley as well. It's the same as the thing I posted in the Serendipity thread (quoted below), but with the images from Blue Medley; enjoy.
    Here's something I think is cool. I edited the Serendipity VII SystemUI.apk so that it is compatible with birgertime's EDT Tweaks, I also changed where it said AT&T (or whoever your carrier is) in the notification pulldown to where it says the current time instead.
    The attached CWM zip changes your SystemUI.apk and also installs the EDT Tweaks app.
    I tried to install the font from the first post and the installation hung with the Install/View/Cancel button box showing, Install was highlighted, but nothing would happen. I had to pull the battery to get out of it. Any thoughts?

Try this one instead. I have two versions on my phone. This is the other one. Please let me know if it works so that I can change the OP.