Post Reply Email Thread
20th June 2011, 03:47 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 357

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by msticninja

I assumed it did convert to greyscale first before tinting, but you may be right. I'll have to think how to test that.

Quick test: If you set CF3D to blue, anything that's pure yellow goes black. For example, if you go to SuperDim, the left half of the brightness adjustment bar is yellow and disappears completely.

Another test: go with the browser to http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colors.asp in red mode. Notice that the blue 0000FF and green 00FF00 samples can't be distinguished from 000000 black, while the red FF0000 can't be distinguished from white FFFFFF.

20th June 2011, 04:29 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 178

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpruss

Quick test: If you set CF3D to blue, anything that's pure yellow goes black. For example, if you go to SuperDim, the left half of the brightness adjustment bar is yellow and disappears completely.

Another test: go with the browser to http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colors.asp in red mode. Notice that the blue 0000FF and green 00FF00 samples can't be distinguished from 000000 black, while the red FF0000 can't be distinguished from white FFFFFF.

Seems like pretty clear results to me. I wonder if converting to greyscale first would even be feasible, from a coding, and from a processor cycle standpoint. It would have to use extra power, but I wonder how much. It doesn't really matter for me, everything I need to do is doable, but interesting nonetheless.
20th June 2011, 12:39 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 357

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by msticninja

Seems like pretty clear results to me. I wonder if converting to greyscale first would even be feasible, from a coding, and from a processor cycle standpoint. It would have to use extra power, but I wonder how much. It doesn't really matter for me, everything I need to do is doable, but interesting nonetheless.

There may be a way of hardware accelerating this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)