[Kernel][CM7][Link] Glitch V12 Beta 3 [9/22]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bearsfan85

Feb 26, 2010
glitcholdlogo10.png

These kernels are provided as-is without warranty. I'm not responsible for any problem you can encounter with your phone or if your cat suddenly dies.
Although, don't expect support even if I will eventually help since I love cats.

Note : These kernels are only compatible with CM7 and MIUI roms !

Do you want to discuss on this kernel, get the fresh news on development, or become a kernel tester ?

Join the IRC channel from your web browser
herehttp://irc.shadowcard.net:1337/?channels=glitch ! No registration needed :)
Make sure the channel is "#Glitch" and you're set.

For those who already have an IRC client,
here is the server : irc.shadowcard.net
port : 6667
Channel : #Glitch

Overview :
- Up to 1.7GHz CPU OC with added bus/GPU OC (Thanks to morfic for the great base of work)
- Undervolting using Pimp my CPU or Voltage Control
- Voodoo Sound - & Voodoo Color, using VC versions (Thanks Supercurio & renaudallard)
- FPS uncap (Screen running 68Hz instead of 60Hz, from 56 to 66 FPS max) from JPX source
- Various tweaks for more smoothness and reliability
- LED notifications
CHANGELOGS IN #2 POST
The frequency/voltage & informative UV settings table is as follow for latest kernel :

Note that these UV settings will be unstable on many devices. It's only informative.

1700 MHz - GPU@ 243 MHz - 1.500v / -> Most phones will fail here. -25 to -50mV may help to stabilize. Much stabler as unique frequency for benchmarks.
1600 MHz - GPU@ 229 MHz - 1.500V / -> That's high and many devices will fail on this frequency. Find working UV for you if any.
1500 MHz - GPU@ 250 MHz - 1.500V / -25mV
1440 MHz - GPU@ 240 MHz - 1.475V / -50mV
1400 MHz - GPU@ 233 MHz - 1.450V / -50mV
1300 MHz - GPU@ 217 MHz - 1.400V / -50mV
1200 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 1.350V / -50mV
1000 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 1.250V / -50mV - If you have stability issues, try to let this one by default.
800 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 1.200V / -75mV
400 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 1.050V / -100mV
200 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 0.950V / -150mV
100 MHz - GPU@ 100 MHz - 0.950V / -200mV - (can be very different between two devices)

GPU frequency is linked to bus speed

More volts is not always equal to more stability. Try to add more UV (less volts) if the frequency you're trying to achieve is unstable.
Considering all phones will respond differently to OC/UV, to tweak the values to suit your device will be required.

By default, no overclock/undervolt is applied. You'll need to use one of the tools below to adjust the frequencies and voltages.

-Pimp My CPU (recommended if you're using MIUI) : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1018411

-Voltage Control : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=829731

-SetCPU (newest versions only) : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=505419

Downloads

If you're switching kernels, have issues with auto-rotation, the cam, bootloops or other sorts of problem (failed overclock attempt),
please use lippol94's updated cleaning script (apply via CWM recovery) : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=15609632#post15609632

CWM flashable zip :

Glitch kernel

12 B3
Here you all go. Changelog: (I will make it prettier in the morning, I've been building kernels all day)
  • Screenstate scaling configurable via recovery
  • Recovery theme
  • Backup/resore voltages via recovery
  • BLN (disabled by default, use the BLN control app or Blinky to enable it)
  • Upsream synced (this includes LPM)
  • Other various upstream tweaks
  • Works with the latest nightly
Here are the builds: Don't forget to press the Thanks button
http://androtransfer.com/tk-glitch/...or/CM7Vibrant-Glitch-DEV-HL-20110922_2206.zip HL
http://androtransfer.com/tk-glitch/...or/CM7Vibrant-Glitch-DEV-ML-20110922_2207.zip ML
http://androtransfer.com/tk-glitch/...or/CM7Vibrant-Glitch-DEV-LL-20110922_2209.zip LL

V12 BETA 2 REQUIRES FROYO BOOTLOADER !

- 13/08/2011 - V12 beta 2(High leakage)

[/INDENT]

FAQ :

What are the differences between High, Medium and Low leakage ?

All produced chips aren't equal, and some will be "better shaped" than others, using power more efficiently and heating less. This new concept I added in V11 tends to cover most chips, depending on their quality.
The idea is to modify some internal voltage values of the SoC to help a good CPU in a poor environment (GPU/controller/memory) to shine. Of course it won't do miracles if your CPU is poor to begin with, but it's a very rare case.

Low leakage chips are the best on the paper, needing less volts and heating less than others.
High leakage represents the majority of produced chips in our SGS.

I found with beta testers that even if a chip looks poor at OC/UV at first, it'll generally have much potential still. I was able to get a 1.2GHz no UV max stable GS to 1.5GHz -50mV rock solid, and even able to push 1.7GHz for benchmarking and other tests using this new concept.

Of course this is all new and it'll take some time and heavy testing to find best settings for most devices, but I think it's a very interesting thing, and I hope I'll be able to find a way to change modes on-the-fly, making this function a must in the future especially in OC/UV kernels.​

How do I enable logcat in V11+ ?
In V11, the logger is now built as a module to lower overhead and to help battery life.
To enable it, just open a terminal emulator and type "logcat-on", then reboot.
To disable it, type "logcat-off" instead. (without quotes !)​

I get reboots when I try to load Voodoo Sound module !
This function, available in Voodoo Control Plus app, is ONLY for kernels NOT SUPPORTING Voodoo Sound (like stock CM7 kernel for example). You'll only generate conflicts trying to load this module. Voodoo Sound is built-in on Glitch kernel and nothing more has to be loaded for it to work.​

-------------------------
Source :
- Github :https://github.com/Tk-Glitch

Credits :
Codeworkx, Atinm, GuiPerPT, Unhelpful, Coolya, Morfic, Zacharias.maladroit, Bilboa1, TheEscapist, Netarchy, Supercurio, lippol94, MAMBO04, Galnet, nitr8, Rahulrulez, Chadouming, renaudallard, existz, times_infinity, bearsfan85

Thanks to the donators, it's much appreciated and encourages me to continue my work !
Kickassdave, Donre, Gabby131, Coreym, Sambwel, Shaolin95, Sixstringsg, HaiKaiDo, Grondinm

Thanks to Sixstringsg who provides us an FTP hosting and helping on the Captivate thread !
Thanks to HaiKaiDo who provides us an IRC server !

Thanks to the beta testers team and to everyone helping me to debug and find new useful things to integrate !

Without all of you, this kernel wouldn't be !​

You can always look here for download links as well

Changelog

Code:
B3 Changes
- BackLightNotifications (BLN) port, thanks to Zacharias.maladroit (not fully working ATM)
- Some cleaning and more tiny fixes
- Fascinate : fix for low volume/mic problems
- *Temporary* fix for green tint (reborn/still not fixed in V11 - not yet proper though)
- Modified color multiplier to avoid yellowish color by default
- Enhanced cleaning script when flashing
- Screen undervolt (from 3.0V to 2.6V) - it should help battery life
- Lowering kernel debugger buffer
- More work on leakage values
- Upstream Synced (note: update to the newest nightly before flashing this kernel)
- Themed recovery
- Tweakable volume levels in both speaker gain, and mic gain.
-- To tweak these, grab the zip hereunzip it (don't flash it) and place it in /etc/init.d Modify the file how you see fit through a text editor, there are instructions in the comments. Then reboot for it to take effect.
- ...More to come...

What's next / most is available through V12 Beta 2

Actual changelog of the dev build, with already implemented stuff as well as mostly implemented stuff

- BackLightNotifications (BLN) port, thanks to Zacharias.maladroit // not fully working ATM, replaced back by Kangsterizer's LED notifications in V12 beta 2
    - Some cleaning and added tiny fixes
    - Fascinate : fix for low volume/mic problems from jt1134
    - Fascinate : Now using Yamaha compass driver from ED01
    - *Temporary* fix for green flashes/colors on low brightness (reborn/still not fixed in V11 - not yet proper though)
    - Modified color multiplier to avoid yellowish tint by default
    - Screen undervolt (from 3.0V to 2.6V) // it should help battery life
    - Adding some old-school (V9D) CFLAGS resulting in substantial performance and stability gains
    - 800MHz random lock fixed - not fully fixed it seems
    - Popping keyboard bug fixed
    - Make use of NEON accelerated mfpu
    - Slightly more aggressive ondemand governor default settings // searching the best balance for efficiency
    - Added a few speed enhancements

...More to come... 

V11

LATEST - 13/07/2011 - V11

- Upstream synced as always (updated recovery...)
    - More debug stuff disabled & cleanups/fixes on various things
    - Printk disabled to reduce overhead
    - Updated to linux kernel 2.6.35.13
    - OC implementation fixes and modifications (fixing overvolt in Voltage Control Xtreme as well as some other tiny things)
    - Added experimental GPU OC implementation from TheExcapist (for future use / not yet functional)
    - 1.7GHz step added - working on some pretty good phones
    - Modified touchkey/Led notifications settings from Zacharias.maladroit
    - Added SLQB
    - Added SIO and BFQ schedulers
    - Back to LZO compression for faster boot time
    - New voltage settings for more stability
    - Trying some new speed tweaks
    - Better memory management
    - 340MB of RAM available for user without breaking 720p recording
    - Preemptible Tiny RCU
    - Automated per tty task groups patch
    - Added InteractiveX governor
    - Two new branches for OC settings adapted to high and low leakage chips
    - Toolchain sorcery, thanks to Zacharias.maladroit (RIL is compiled using 4.4.3 toolchain, and everything else is compiled using 4.5.2 toolchain -> more speed and stability)
    - Enhanced Voodoo Color settings from renaudallard
    - Voodoo Sound V10
    - Allow CPU-supported unaligned accesses
    - Logcat on/off scripts (built as module)
    - Bluetooth HID support
    - New, cleaner bootlogo
    - Now cleaning old scripts, OC values, cache and dalvik cache on kernel installation - thanks to lippol94
    - Green tint on low brightness fixed
    - Switched to ondemand governor

To all who like to stay up to date on every nightly, heres a great tool to do it. It downloads the latest nightly, performs a nandroid, flashes the nightly, flashes glitch, then reboots, every night ay 4 a.m. or whenever you want it to. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1198065

Please note that I am just the thread maintainer, sixstringsg and/or Tk-glitch are the developers of the kernel.

Last edited:

bdubs4200

Oct 18, 2010
Yea it does! This will need to be modified for us vibrants correct?

Back from space using a Galaxy S, running Gingerbread.

jneal9

May 24, 2011

ceoesquad

Sep 19, 2009
compton ca
Ok every time I try to install a kernal I loose my data I tried flashing a modem and it still doesn't work I'm using miui anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
Lol now that's funny
Yeah you only need an hour to determine battery life

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Actually, YES!
go flash the worst kernel you can, for vibrant wait a hour, you can easily tell how good or bad battery life is.its not exact to the point and is very inaccurate, but it does giveyou a sense of how much it lasts.

Don't you try to troll me.
I'm one of the only trolls on vibrant section and I'll kick your vibrants bump on the back.

bearsfan85

Feb 26, 2010
Actually, YES!
go flash the worst kernel you can, for vibrant wait a hour, you can easily tell how good or bad battery life is.its not exact to the point and is very inaccurate, but it does giveyou a sense of how much it lasts.

Don't you try to troll me.
I'm one of the only trolls on vibrant section and I'll kick your vibrants bump on the back.

To a point your right, you can get a general "vibe" of how the Vibrant kernel will perform for battery (See what I did there? XD)

What you will get is a low end estimate of how it will perform.

As far as data is concerned check the settings, also what nightly are you on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    glitcholdlogo10.png

These kernels are provided as-is without warranty. I'm not responsible for any problem you can encounter with your phone or if your cat suddenly dies.
    Although, don't expect support even if I will eventually help since I love cats.

Note : These kernels are only compatible with CM7 and MIUI roms !

Do you want to discuss on this kernel, get the fresh news on development, or become a kernel tester ?

Join the IRC channel from your web browser
    herehttp://irc.shadowcard.net:1337/?channels=glitch ! No registration needed :)
    Make sure the channel is "#Glitch" and you're set.

For those who already have an IRC client,
    here is the server : irc.shadowcard.net
    port : 6667
    Channel : #Glitch

Overview :
    - Up to 1.7GHz CPU OC with added bus/GPU OC (Thanks to morfic for the great base of work)
    - Undervolting using Pimp my CPU or Voltage Control
    - Voodoo Sound - & Voodoo Color, using VC versions (Thanks Supercurio & renaudallard)
    - FPS uncap (Screen running 68Hz instead of 60Hz, from 56 to 66 FPS max) from JPX source
    - Various tweaks for more smoothness and reliability
    - LED notifications
    CHANGELOGS IN #2 POST
    The frequency/voltage & informative UV settings table is as follow for latest kernel :

Note that these UV settings will be unstable on many devices. It's only informative.

1700 MHz - GPU@ 243 MHz - 1.500v / -> Most phones will fail here. -25 to -50mV may help to stabilize. Much stabler as unique frequency for benchmarks.
    1600 MHz - GPU@ 229 MHz - 1.500V / -> That's high and many devices will fail on this frequency. Find working UV for you if any.
    1500 MHz - GPU@ 250 MHz - 1.500V / -25mV
    1440 MHz - GPU@ 240 MHz - 1.475V / -50mV
    1400 MHz - GPU@ 233 MHz - 1.450V / -50mV
    1300 MHz - GPU@ 217 MHz - 1.400V / -50mV
    1200 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 1.350V / -50mV
    1000 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 1.250V / -50mV - If you have stability issues, try to let this one by default.
    800 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 1.200V / -75mV
    400 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 1.050V / -100mV
    200 MHz - GPU@ 200 MHz - 0.950V / -150mV
    100 MHz - GPU@ 100 MHz - 0.950V / -200mV - (can be very different between two devices)

GPU frequency is linked to bus speed

More volts is not always equal to more stability. Try to add more UV (less volts) if the frequency you're trying to achieve is unstable.
    Considering all phones will respond differently to OC/UV, to tweak the values to suit your device will be required.

By default, no overclock/undervolt is applied. You'll need to use one of the tools below to adjust the frequencies and voltages.

-Pimp My CPU (recommended if you're using MIUI) : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1018411

-Voltage Control : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=829731

-SetCPU (newest versions only) : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=505419

Downloads

If you're switching kernels, have issues with auto-rotation, the cam, bootloops or other sorts of problem (failed overclock attempt),
    please use lippol94's updated cleaning script (apply via CWM recovery) : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=15609632#post15609632

CWM flashable zip :

Glitch kernel

12 B3
    Here you all go. Changelog: (I will make it prettier in the morning, I've been building kernels all day)
    • Recovery theme
    http://androtransfer.com/tk-glitch/...or/CM7Vibrant-Glitch-DEV-HL-20110922_2206.zip HL
    http://androtransfer.com/tk-glitch/...or/CM7Vibrant-Glitch-DEV-ML-20110922_2207.zip ML
    http://androtransfer.com/tk-glitch/...or/CM7Vibrant-Glitch-DEV-LL-20110922_2209.zip LL

V12 BETA 2 REQUIRES FROYO BOOTLOADER !

- 13/08/2011 - V12 beta 2(High leakage)

[/INDENT]

FAQ :

What are the differences between High, Medium and Low leakage ?

All produced chips aren't equal, and some will be "better shaped" than others, using power more efficiently and heating less. This new concept I added in V11 tends to cover most chips, depending on their quality.
    The idea is to modify some internal voltage values of the SoC to help a good CPU in a poor environment (GPU/controller/memory) to shine. Of course it won't do miracles if your CPU is poor to begin with, but it's a very rare case.

Low leakage chips are the best on the paper, needing less volts and heating less than others.
    High leakage represents the majority of produced chips in our SGS.

I found with beta testers that even if a chip looks poor at OC/UV at first, it'll generally have much potential still. I was able to get a 1.2GHz no UV max stable GS to 1.5GHz -50mV rock solid, and even able to push 1.7GHz for benchmarking and other tests using this new concept.

Of course this is all new and it'll take some time and heavy testing to find best settings for most devices, but I think it's a very interesting thing, and I hope I'll be able to find a way to change modes on-the-fly, making this function a must in the future especially in OC/UV kernels.​

How do I enable logcat in V11+ ?
    In V11, the logger is now built as a module to lower overhead and to help battery life.
    To enable it, just open a terminal emulator and type "logcat-on", then reboot.
    To disable it, type "logcat-off" instead. (without quotes !)​

I get reboots when I try to load Voodoo Sound module !
    This function, available in Voodoo Control Plus app, is ONLY for kernels NOT SUPPORTING Voodoo Sound (like stock CM7 kernel for example). You'll only generate conflicts trying to load this module. Voodoo Sound is built-in on Glitch kernel and nothing more has to be loaded for it to work.​

-------------------------
    Source :
    - Github :https://github.com/Tk-Glitch

Credits :
    Codeworkx, Atinm, GuiPerPT, Unhelpful, Coolya, Morfic, Zacharias.maladroit, Bilboa1, TheEscapist, Netarchy, Supercurio, lippol94, MAMBO04, Galnet, nitr8, Rahulrulez, Chadouming, renaudallard, existz, times_infinity, bearsfan85

Thanks to the donators, it's much appreciated and encourages me to continue my work !
    Kickassdave, Donre, Gabby131, Coreym, Sambwel, Shaolin95, Sixstringsg, HaiKaiDo, Grondinm

Thanks to Sixstringsg who provides us an FTP hosting and helping on the Captivate thread !
    Thanks to HaiKaiDo who provides us an IRC server !

Thanks to the beta testers team and to everyone helping me to debug and find new useful things to integrate !

Without all of you, this kernel wouldn't be !​

You can always look here for download links as well

Changelog

Code:
    B3 Changes
    - BackLightNotifications (BLN) port, thanks to Zacharias.maladroit (not fully working ATM)
    - Some cleaning and more tiny fixes
    - Fascinate : fix for low volume/mic problems
    - *Temporary* fix for green tint (reborn/still not fixed in V11 - not yet proper though)
    - Modified color multiplier to avoid yellowish color by default
    - Screen undervolt (from 3.0V to 2.6V) - it should help battery life
    - Upstream Synced (note: update to the newest nightly before flashing this kernel)
    - Themed recovery
    - Tweakable volume levels in both speaker gain, and mic gain.
    -- To tweak these, grab the zip hereunzip it (don't flash it) and place it in /etc/init.d Modify the file how you see fit through a text editor, there are instructions in the comments. Then reboot for it to take effect.
    - ...More to come...

What's next / most is available through V12 Beta 2

Actual changelog of the dev build, with already implemented stuff as well as mostly implemented stuff

- BackLightNotifications (BLN) port, thanks to Zacharias.maladroit // not fully working ATM, replaced back by Kangsterizer's LED notifications in V12 beta 2
        - Some cleaning and added tiny fixes
        - Fascinate : fix for low volume/mic problems from jt1134
        - Fascinate : Now using Yamaha compass driver from ED01
        - *Temporary* fix for green flashes/colors on low brightness (reborn/still not fixed in V11 - not yet proper though)
        - Modified color multiplier to avoid yellowish tint by default
        - Screen undervolt (from 3.0V to 2.6V) // it should help battery life
        - Adding some old-school (V9D) CFLAGS resulting in substantial performance and stability gains
        - 800MHz random lock fixed - not fully fixed it seems
        - Popping keyboard bug fixed
        - Make use of NEON accelerated mfpu
        - Slightly more aggressive ondemand governor default settings // searching the best balance for efficiency
        - Added a few speed enhancements

...More to come... 

V11

LATEST - 13/07/2011 - V11

- Upstream synced as always (updated recovery...)
        - More debug stuff disabled & cleanups/fixes on various things
        - Printk disabled to reduce overhead
        - Updated to linux kernel 2.6.35.13
        - OC implementation fixes and modifications (fixing overvolt in Voltage Control Xtreme as well as some other tiny things)
        - Added experimental GPU OC implementation from TheExcapist (for future use / not yet functional)
        - 1.7GHz step added - working on some pretty good phones
        - Modified touchkey/Led notifications settings from Zacharias.maladroit
        - Added SLQB
        - Added SIO and BFQ schedulers
        - Back to LZO compression for faster boot time
        - New voltage settings for more stability
        - Trying some new speed tweaks
        - Better memory management
        - 340MB of RAM available for user without breaking 720p recording
        - Preemptible Tiny RCU
        - Automated per tty task groups patch
        - Added InteractiveX governor
        - Two new branches for OC settings adapted to high and low leakage chips
        - Toolchain sorcery, thanks to Zacharias.maladroit (RIL is compiled using 4.4.3 toolchain, and everything else is compiled using 4.5.2 toolchain -> more speed and stability)
        - Enhanced Voodoo Color settings from renaudallard
        - Voodoo Sound V10
        - Allow CPU-supported unaligned accesses
        - Logcat on/off scripts (built as module)
        - Bluetooth HID support
        - New, cleaner bootlogo
        - Now cleaning old scripts, OC values, cache and dalvik cache on kernel installation - thanks to lippol94
        - Green tint on low brightness fixed
        - Switched to ondemand governor

To all who like to stay up to date on every nightly, heres a great tool to do it. It downloads the latest nightly, performs a nandroid, flashes the nightly, flashes glitch, then reboots, every night ay 4 a.m. or whenever you want it to. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1198065

Please note that I am just the thread maintainer, sixstringsg and/or Tk-glitch are the developers of the kernel.
    New Builds!!

• Recovery theme
    "Bugs"
    Capacitive buttons stay lit. It's a ROM edit that is required, so we'll see what happens.

New Builds!!

Here are the gingerbread compatible ones:
    HL: http://goo.gl/LClNc
    XTI8g.png

ML: http://goo.gl/WXgwh
    ZvjCq.png

LL: http://goo.gl/1ad5F
    W5oLu.png
    Capacitive button lights always stay on whenever Screen is on. This makes it tough to surf web at night .

Would there be a possible fix for this ?

THANX
    Here you go: a compilation of my recent responses.
    As far as the bottom lights staying on, we know about it, it's a rom tweak not kernel so I'll do it later. And actually, people on the stock kernel are complaining about the opposite.

Not by design, we just haven't fixed it yet. People on the stock kernel want it that way, some over here want it the stock way.

It's a tweak to the ROM that is required, and low on my list of things to do. And actually, people on stock kernel are complaining about the opposite.

It's actually a rom tweak come to find out. I'll look into the options.
    use the script cleaning script, then flash, should solve some issues

A) We don't need cleaning scripts anymore, Smasher implemented them into the flashing script in the zip.
    B) Until I make new builds, the newest nightly won't work with this kernel. There was one little bitty change that I pulled in already, I just need to build and test. I only have a Captivate and am maintaining this kernel for four devices though, so it may take some time. Time being less than a week.