Working My Water live wallpaper & more from Asus Transformer!

Search This thread

dmoore44

Jun 7, 2011
Has anyone managed to get AsusReader.apk installed on their Xoom and working?

I've pushed both AsusReader.apk and AsusReader.odex to system/app and neither show in my app drawer or in the applications manager...

I've been playing with the AsusReader.apk for the last few days and still haven't managed to get it installed - it never shows up in the app drawer...

Has anyone had any success? I'd love to get it working so I can see how well it competes with iBooks... iBooks is the only reason I haven't completely ditched my iPad...

jschmier

May 8, 2011

Attachments

• DeskClock.apk
    291.2 KB · Views: 502
  • preview.png
    preview.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 372
  • time_thumbnail.png
    time_thumbnail.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 394
Reactions: songmeesay

spyder560

Dec 2, 2009
This should work on my Galaxy 10.1 yes? I tried opening the signed apk file and it gave a could not open file error

jschmier

May 8, 2011
Is there anyway the wallpapers can be modified to suit other devices? My nookcolor displays white blocks instead of ice. :(

I made a patch to the MyWater live wallpaper that corrected the "white block" issue. It has been reported to correct the issue on a Nook Color running CM7 and another Nook Color with the dualboot of Phiremod/Honeycomb. It may correct this issue for other devices as well.

The patched MyWater live wallpaper can be found in this post.

FYI: The Tux wallpaper found here has the same correction applied.

Reactions: doodoo28s

pbbarons

Jun 21, 2011
Sano, I was trying to install DeskClock.apk and understood you have to use an auto-signer to get it to run.

Both your MyWater and Weather signed apks worked for my Galaxy 10.1 flawlessly and was wondering if you or someone could make a signed DeskClock.apk that would work.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• DeskClock.apk
    291.2 KB · Views: 128

qubz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 12, 2007
A parallel dimension
This is great, but my water level does not rise to the top like in all the vids and photos I've seen. Do you guys know how to fix this?

danielsjam

Nov 26, 2010
Sano, I was trying to install DeskClock.apk and understood you have to use an auto-signer to get it to run.

Both your MyWater and Weather signed apks worked for my Galaxy 10.1 flawlessly and was wondering if you or someone could make a signed DeskClock.apk that would work.

Thanks in advance.

Are you rooted?
If so, rename deskclock.apk to (deskclock.bak) and deskclock.odex to (deskclock.odexbak) or more suitable name for you. Use adb to push the replacement app to /system/app or use root explorer to copy and paste it there.

Here is a signed copy if the above don't work, but I don't think it will work unless you can rename deskclock.odex.

Attachments

• DeskClock_signed.apk
    297.1 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:
Reactions: songmeesay

spyder560

Dec 2, 2009

Thanks in advance.

how did you install it on your Galaxy 10.1? everytime i tr opening the apk files in my download folder it tells me it cannot open the file

MisterEdF

Apr 29, 2010
Florida USA
Can/did anyone get the Asus screenshot.apk to work? I like it better than the ones in the Market.

I attached the "non-working" one from Asus' /app folder if anyone can get it going..

Attachments

• Screenshot.apk
    13.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

songmeesay

May 18, 2011
Are you rooted?
If so, rename deskclock.apk to (deskclock.bak) and deskclock.odex to (deskclock.odexbak) or more suitable name for you. Use adb to push the replacement app to /system/app or use root explorer to copy and paste it there.

Here is a signed copy if the above don't work, but I don't think it will work unless you can rename deskclock.odex.

I'm on a rooted Galaxy Tab 10.1 and every time I go to rename with root explorer it it says "DeskClock.apk cannot be renamed because the file system is read-only".

Any suggestions?

Edit: nevermind, totally bypassed the Mount R/W button. My bad. First time rooter here.

Last edited:

datafoo

May 11, 2010
The date widget you are looking for is in the DeskClock.apk. As shown in the attatched thumbnails, the DeskClock.apk includes both an analog widget and a digital widget (the one you're looking for).

BTW if you want to replace your stock clock widget completely so there are no duplicate Widgets then rename deskclock.apk --> DeskClockGoogle.apk.

This also fixed some FCs from deskclock when running.

lpasq

Feb 14, 2006
Anyone mod a water only version to black and white and willing to post here?

...zoom posted...

dj898

Jun 30, 2011
Last edited:

spiff72

Apr 14, 2006
Graphics glitches at bottom of screen with MyWater Live wallpaper?

Has anyone out there seen some odd graphical artifacts when using the water wallpaper on their Xoom? I saw it for the first time on my Xoom last night, so I switched to a different static wallpaper - and then back to the water and the glitches went away. I will see if a screenshot captures them if it happens again.

The odd thing is that I saw the exact same issue on a demo Transformer that was on display at Best Buy about a week ago. The sales people thought that it was defective, but they left it on display anyway. I was kind of surprised when I saw it on my Xoom - must be some buggy code in the wallpaper if it is happening cross-platform?

Thanks
Jeff

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here it is! A working apk of the My Water live wallpaper from the transformer. :)

Download the file then place it in system/app with Root Explorer (or whatever file explorer program you use) and change the permissions to what the rest are set at. I'm also attaching the Weather widget from the Transformer as well. If you want any other things the Transformer has let me know and I'll grab em. Credit goes to dc13 from the Transformer forum for deodex'ing the Rom so we can all enjoy this.

Screenshot below of the live wallpaper and Weather widget. I tried to get the screenshot app to work, but no luck. Most likely due to it being located and tied in with the Settings menu...

If you get "INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES" error on tiamat 1.4 or any other Honeycomb device, install the Weather_signed and MyWater_signed apk's that were provided by shift_

Added the default Asus Transformer wallpaper as well. It's the tree one.

I just rar'd up the whole /app/ folder. That way everyone can grab whatever else they want, and test them individually and maybe get some more things going. These aren't going to be signed, though. So they will need to be pushed to /system/app with Root Explorer or ADB. You can sign them yourselves, though! I use an Auto-Signer, I'll post that if needed.

Here is a video of the live wallpaper in action. Thanks to Clipp for this! http://www.smartkeitai.com/asus-transformers-water-live-wallpaper-available-for-motorola-xoom-video/

https://rapidshare.com/files/459656108/Transformer_Apps.rar

device.png
    Can someone post screenshots of these on the Xoom?

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

device.png
    Update (5/28/11):
    Message in a bottle

screen_20110528_1530.png

Download: http://db.tt/OUpbki0

Sorry i know its nothing special but I have had too much going on to do a lot. Please bare with me and feel free to continue submitting suggestions.

Updated beer!

I hope this is more what you guys are looking for. If not I can keep tweaking it ;-)

screen_20110528_1846.png

Download: http://db.tt/6P8KxAC

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    It will work but as soon as you select the live wallpaper and select the Mywater live wallpaper, do not wait for the the preview to load completely, immediately apply it. It works, I found out the technique after several attempts.:D
    changing the ice cubes is as simple as changing .apk to .zip... opening the zip.... changing the ice_cube.png, zip the package, and resigns.... change back to .apk!