[THEME] RedROM7 1.0 for Serendipity VII Build 2 | Mmmhmm... that is... a tasty burger

Search This thread

Allockse

Feb 27, 2011
Cypress, TX
Here is my take on ChanceM's RedRom for Serendipity VII.

This is my first attempt, so I appreciate input and suggestions if you have any.

HUGE Thank you's go out to:
MikeyMike01 & ChanceM: for making a Rom as great as Serendipity VII
ChanceM: For the original RedRom theme, and for convincing me to do this.
xtremekilla09: For his incredible red dialer.apk that goes perfectly with this.
XDA Forums: For having thousands of answers for me when I needed them.
bryman27: For basically holding my hand through this whole process, putting up with my questions, and for his sound advice and support. Thank you Texas brother.

Current themed elements:
Boot Animation
Browser
Clock
Dialer
GoogleQuickSearchBox
Launcher
Market
Messaging
Phone
Settings
Swype
SystemUI
TouchWizCalculator
TouchWizCalendar
framework-res
twframework-res
videoplayer

Download Full 1.0:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32536110/RedRom7/RedRom7_1.0.zip

Revert:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32536110/RedRom7/RedRom7_Revert.zip

RedRom7Desktop.png

RedRom7Dialer.png

RedRom7Market.png

RedRom7Notify.png

RedRom7Popup.png

RedRom7Calendar.png

RedRom7Calculator.png

RedRom7Browser.png

RedRom7Google.png

RedRom7Locke.png

Reactions: bryman27

b0gus85

Apr 24, 2011
Thanks for the theme, I was wondering if you purposely left out a red theme wallpaper?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

MikeyMike01

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2010
A9Qcg.png

If that was not intentional (and I don't see why it would be) then I'd be happy to tell you how to fix it.

MikeyMike01

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2010
Much like silly putty it was not intentional, but I thought the result was interesting enough to bounce off other people.

Well either way here's the deal:

That image is a NinePatch image. You can tell because it ends in .9.png.

What this means is that the system will stretch the image to fill a given space according to a special one pixel border.

In order to see the border you must decompile the image with APK Manager or a similar tool.

When you edit the image without decompiling, you effectively destroy the NinePatch data and it stretches the entire image to fill the space rather than the areas indicated as stretchable.

P.S. The point of this is to use one image for multiple things, like different sized buttons

Sent from my Infuse 4G

Allockse

Feb 27, 2011
Cypress, TX
Well either way here's the deal:

That image is a NinePatch image. You can tell because it ends in .9.png.

What this means is that the system will stretch the image to fill a given space according to a special one pixel border.

In order to see the border you must decompile the image with APK Manager or a similar tool.

When you edit the image without decompiling, you effectively destroy the NinePatch data and it stretches the entire image to fill the space rather than the areas indicated as stretchable.

P.S. The point of this is to use one image for multiple things, like different sized buttons

Sent from my Infuse 4G

Yeah, I learned the hard way on those .9 png files when I was working on getting the border around the textframes around text entry boxes colored red. I decompiled a fresh version of both the dialer and twframework from SVII build #2, and then decompiled my red dialer and red twframework apk's. I have been using BeyondCompare to eliminate bad any bad .png files, and I am pretty sure I just eliminated the culprit.

The .9's are a pretty clever way to decrease OS bloating by eliminating the redundancy where it isn't needed, once past the learning curve they are pretty easy to handle.

Bryman27 pointed out a problem with a newer version of APKtools causing compile/decompile issues, forcing me to revert to an earlier iteration to complete certain mods. (Like the market)

Thanks for the advice, it is much appreciated.

The.Se7enth

May 17, 2011
I've noticed this seems to have an incompatibility with the Serendipity VII add-on kitchen to some extent. If I install the add-on kitchen with the original Samsung MMS first, then the Redrom theme replaces it back with the default for some reason; if I install the Samsung MMS after, then it's not themed red, just the original blue/yellow. Is this just me?

bryman27

Aug 2, 2010
Dallas, TX
I've noticed this seems to have an incompatibility with the Serendipity VII add-on kitchen to some extent. If I install the add-on kitchen with the original Samsung MMS first, then the Redrom theme replaces it back with the default for some reason; if I install the Samsung MMS after, then it's not themed red, just the original blue/yellow. Is this just me?

No, not just you. The theme and the addon kitchen both replace the Mms.apk, so whichever you do last will stay because it will have overwritten the previous version(s). The way you get a themed Samsung Mms.apk is by, well, theming it. :)

Reactions: The.Se7enth

The.Se7enth

May 17, 2011
Ah, alright. Late reply, I keep forgetting about these forums. I should bookmark the site for once.

I ended up getting the OJ theme instead, which already had a themed Samsung MMS available for downloading. Thanks for all the great theme -- might I request a pink or lavender (web color) type theme, if you ever have the free time to do it? I'm not sure how difficult the themes are to make; I'd even appreciate a link to a guide on that in fact. c:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is my take on ChanceM's RedRom for Serendipity VII.

This is my first attempt, so I appreciate input and suggestions if you have any.

HUGE Thank you's go out to:
    MikeyMike01 & ChanceM: for making a Rom as great as Serendipity VII
    ChanceM: For the original RedRom theme, and for convincing me to do this.
    xtremekilla09: For his incredible red dialer.apk that goes perfectly with this.
    XDA Forums: For having thousands of answers for me when I needed them.
    bryman27: For basically holding my hand through this whole process, putting up with my questions, and for his sound advice and support. Thank you Texas brother.

Current themed elements:
    Boot Animation
    Browser
    Clock
    Dialer
    GoogleQuickSearchBox
    Launcher
    Market
    Messaging
    Phone
    Settings
    Swype
    SystemUI
    TouchWizCalculator
    TouchWizCalendar
    framework-res
    twframework-res
    videoplayer

Download Full 1.0:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32536110/RedRom7/RedRom7_1.0.zip

Revert:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32536110/RedRom7/RedRom7_Revert.zip

RedRom7Desktop.png

RedRom7Dialer.png

RedRom7Market.png

RedRom7Notify.png

RedRom7Popup.png

RedRom7Calendar.png

RedRom7Calculator.png

RedRom7Browser.png

RedRom7Google.png

RedRom7Locke.png
    Looks good. I'm glad you got this out there for other people to enjoy, and now comes the fun part, support and improving upon it. :)
    Thanks for the theme, I was wondering if you purposely left out a red theme wallpaper?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Ok, so the red wallpaper is set to default, however I forgot to include it in the wallpaper folder. In the meantime, use this one:

http://db.tt/LmvF8TJ

No, not just you. The theme and the addon kitchen both replace the Mms.apk, so whichever you do last will stay because it will have overwritten the previous version(s). The way you get a themed Samsung Mms.apk is by, well, theming it. :)