[Q] No youtube app on Belgian Transformer, some help?

Search This thread

i_machine

Dec 27, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Hi all,

I have a quite annoying issue with my Belgian Transformer.

There is no YouTube app (no widget either) on it! Apparently it is due to the stupid Belgian copyrights protection organisation, called SABAM.

When I search for it in the Market, I can't find it. When I click on a direct Market link to the app, I can find the phone version, but when I try to install it, the Market can't find it anymore.

I also tried a hint from someone, he said to search for the wigdet, and then the app would show up in the app drawer.

I installed the Youtube 2.1.6.apk (for phones) on it, and it works, but it does not have the nice Honeycomb interface.

Is it possible to exctract the application from an onther TF (rooted or unrooted) so I can install it on mine?

If yes, would someone be that nice?

Thanks!

UKseagull

Apr 28, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 / S7 Plus
I hope it's not against the rules for me to post this, but please delete it if it is.

This is the YouTubeTablet.apk extracted from the Prime_v1.2_US ROM (I just happened to have that one on my PC), it should work for you. If it's not what you want, head over to the development section, download one of the ROM's and extract the apk.

http://www.mediafire.com/?reg913u9uwqse6w

Last edited:

i_machine

Dec 27, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S10e
I hope it's not against the rules for me to post this, but please delete it if it is.

This is the YouTubeTablet.apk extracted from the Prime_v1.2_US ROM (I just happened to have that one on my PC), it should work for you. If it's not what you want, head over to the development section, download one of the ROM's and extract the apk.

http://www.mediafire.com/?reg913u9uwqse6w

Thanks for the help, I'll try it this evening !

nachtschicht

Jul 28, 2009
@i_machine: Look for "Market Enabler" in market and set it to US. Then open market again and see if you can find Youtube now ;)
P.S.: F**k those governments that try to censor your daily life! Stay out of my affairs, state! I'm the one who's paying you!

kefje27

Jun 12, 2008
@I_machine,
Where did you buy your TF ?
I got mine imported fom US :) so no issues with stupid Sabam...

Nice to know a fellow Belgian is using the TF

Tutti-frutti

Nov 12, 2008
AFAIK there is are no separate firmware update for BE. Don't know how they will detect that your device is a SABAM'ed one. Did you upgrade to 3.1 already?
Or will it just filter Youtube out as soon as you set your location to BE?

kefje27

Jun 12, 2008
AFAIK there is are no separate firmware update for BE. Don't know how they will detect that your device is a SABAM'ed one. Did you upgrade to 3.1 already?

I have an imported US model, youtube works fine on mine, but indeed in the market it isn't available so i guess future Youtube updates are also an issue for me I Guess.

regards

Kef

dversa

Jun 12, 2011
Antwerp
I do find it strange that 1 TS bought in Belgium does not have the youtube app/widget where mine also bought in Belgium does have the youtube app/widget installed by default.
Am happy to see that I_machine finally got his app :)

I_Machine and had already a discussion about this subject on a dutch forum.

dversa

Jun 12, 2011
Antwerp
haha, maybe thats the cause, you just give me the answer i think.
Difference between me and I_machine is that i choose for the English installation and he obvious choose for the dutch (Belgian) configuration.

Only way to not install that youtube app is indeed looking for country specific setting.

stdu

Jun 16, 2008
same problem here.
Belgian transformer french and no YouTube :-(
Tryed toi install thé apk but. I have a message application ont installed

Someone could help ?
Thxxxx

michelhuy

Dec 15, 2010
Brussels
I bought mine at mediamarrkt in Brussels... left it in English. Was able to install YouTube without a problem. I have 3.0.1 and SKU HRI

triumph_st

Aug 1, 2010
Me too. No youtube app (Belgian TB) bought at Makro and installed Dutch.

Today on 3.2; notice that when I open a non-tablet app and the screen resizes, when I leave the app and go to the home screen, one third of the bottom screen keeps on 'flashing' and is unreadable until I open another app and then go back to the home screen.

Frederic1968

Sep 17, 2010
Sorry this one does not work on the tablet. This the one for Android 2.x
I think we need youtubetablet.apk and youtubetablet.odex.

Top Liked Posts