S-off is coming! Documentation being prepared!

Search This thread

mcp2009

May 12, 2009
Hellam
more weeks that we have to w8 :(

htcbootloader2.jpg

htcbootloader4.jpg

Hehehe Randy Jackson.

threeeye

Apr 4, 2010
USA
LOL ! windows and fixing misspelled words...
I meant "custom" ROM...

so how did I flash a ROM if I have a S-ON ?
and if I can do it on my MT 3G, can I do it on my Sensation ?

and BTW it's Superman...

Aug 30, 2009
My steps for the MT :
Gold Card
flashed recovery (RA 1.7), radio and Hboot via adb
flashed ROM.

Is there any way to do it with Sensation ?

Ok let's put it this way..

You have a house (your phone) and it has a door. An intruder breaks the door and messes with everything in your house. Easy, simple. That was your Mytouch.

Now, your sensation also has a door. However, there's a man standing at the door checking if you're the the appropriate people who can enter the house. You can try to break in, but the guy at the door will find you and kick you out.

This does make it more clear?

Reactions: threeeye

threeeye

Apr 4, 2010
USA
Ok let's put it this way..

You have a house (your phone) and it has a door. An intruder breaks the door and messes with everything in your house. Easy, simple. That was your Mytouch.

Now, your sensation also has a door. However, there's a man standing at the door checking if you're the the appropriate people who can enter the house. You can try to break in, but the guy at the door will find you and kick you out.

This does make it more clear?

Yes, that is crystal clear...
[joke] is there a way to bribe the guy at the door ? [/joke]

Solidus_n313

Jul 3, 2010
Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
just got off the fone with HTC tech support, tried to squeeze some info from the tech support, but even at tier 3, they can't disclose an ETA or the list of devices that will receive the bootloader unlock :/

The good news is that if you speak to tech support and request a follow through survey, an automatic survey will call you the next day, and at the end of it, you can leave a detailed voicenote with your grievences and that goes straight to the top of the tech support food chain!

Let the flooding commence!

Tech support: 1 866 449 8358

EDIT: my bad, this isnt just for spamming, im extremely disappointed at the fact that the HTC CEO makes a huge announcement about unlocking bootloaders, and then leaves users high and dry for ANY other pertinant information such as release dates, supported models, OTA/manual install etc.

please, when leaving the voicenotes, be professional, courteous and direct, im sure well see better results...if we spam with complaints and vulgarity, they will ignore us, just like their facebook page :/

Last edited:

threeeye

Apr 4, 2010
USA
my bad, this isnt just for spamming, im extremely disappointed at the fact that the HTC CEO makes a huge announcement about unlocking bootloaders, and then leaves users high and dry for ANY other pertinant information such as release dates, supported models, OTA/manual install etc.

please, when leaving the voicenotes, be professional, courteous and direct, im sure well see better results...if we spam with complaints and vulgarity, they will ignore us, just like their facebook page :/

+1
(10 char)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many sensation owners do not believe that S-off wil be coming by HTC. too all you disbelievers out there, i attach proof. Just spoke to a customer advisor right now. this is what i was told. i thought i would make a new thread as all the other threads get clogged up with off topic clutter, so please keep this topic related, and update it if we receive any more info on bootloaders. There is hope out there

Naturally i pencilled in my device number:D;):p
    just got off the fone with HTC tech support, tried to squeeze some info from the tech support, but even at tier 3, they can't disclose an ETA or the list of devices that will receive the bootloader unlock :/

The good news is that if you speak to tech support and request a follow through survey, an automatic survey will call you the next day, and at the end of it, you can leave a detailed voicenote with your grievences and that goes straight to the top of the tech support food chain!

Let the flooding commence!

Tech support: 1 866 449 8358

EDIT: my bad, this isnt just for spamming, im extremely disappointed at the fact that the HTC CEO makes a huge announcement about unlocking bootloaders, and then leaves users high and dry for ANY other pertinant information such as release dates, supported models, OTA/manual install etc.

I hate when companies assume that I am waiting patiently.
    I hope this is true, I mean it shouldn't be hard for them HTC to unlock their own bootloaders! Look at Motorola they did it. Hopefully it will be soon! Before fall I am keeping my fingers crossed!
    +1 for that, why we don't have the same unlocking process like Sony ??

Htc probably wanna cover.their back from noobs who brick their devices
    Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App