FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Tool] basebandswitcher V4 multilanguage V0.7 (22.07.2011)

342 posts
Thanks Meter: 120

By Sqoerk, Senior Member on 27th April 2011, 09:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th June 2011, 08:57 AM |#111  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccav2000

Can anyone find the baseband files from 3.4.2-179-2 CEE ? I was using the 3.4.2-177 Nordic baseband until recently but it seems to have problems with the kernel from 179 that I started using.

EDIT: actually, can someone tell me how to mount the system image extracted from an sbf in linux? I should be able to rip them from there.

EDIT2: I extracted the files, no difference with the Central Europe baseband

Would you do us a favour and post the baseband here as a zip file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibabz03

I installed this via cwm but after rebooting several times the itzfun baseband switcher isnt showing up... im using uk froyo w/ blur... help please...

Did you check if it REALLY was copied to /system/app...?
If not, do so and report back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casmol

Hello, I've used the basebandswitcher V4 on a XT720 w/ Android 2.2, to switch band from Korea one to Mexico one, since some service providers in Argentina use the same bands I picked it.

I doubt it will work on any other device than a defy. Do you have a ADB connection while booting your XT720? If so, try to delete the basebandfiles and replace it with those for your device.

27th June 2011, 09:14 AM |#112  
Flag Manga Cafe
Thanks Meter: 1,127

More
I can post them, but they are exactly the as the ones Baseband Switcher install if you select the "Cental Europe" baseband, I don't see the point, I compared the md5sums.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ccav2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ccav2000 Ad-Free
27th June 2011, 10:52 AM |#113  
Flag Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqoerk

Would you do us a favour and post the baseband here as a zip file?

Did you check if it REALLY was copied to /system/app...?
If not, do so and report back.

ok i checked it and it's not copied into /system/app... can i flash this using 2ndinit??
27th June 2011, 12:37 PM |#114  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccav2000

I can post them, but they are exactly the as the ones Baseband Switcher install if you select the "Cental Europe" baseband, I don't see the point, I compared the md5sums.

Kk...I wanted to do that, but I'm glad somebody already did. Thanks mate.

Quote:

ok i checked it and it's not copied into /system/app... can i flash this using 2ndinit??

It's possible to flash it with 2nd Init, but it should also be possible to flash it with the Clockworkmod. But u can try the 2nd Init from the market, but be careful what you do, as you probably won't brick your system
27th June 2011, 10:56 PM |#115  
Flag Tokyo

More
Quote:

Kk...I wanted to do that, but I'm glad somebody already did. Thanks mate.

It's possible to flash it with 2nd Init, but it should also be possible to flash it with the Clockworkmod. But u can try the 2nd Init from the market, but be careful what you do, as you probably won't brick your system

I manage to install the bb switcher but whenever im trying to change baseband and once my phone got the data connection it reboots itself...

Sent from the NERD HERD using Tapatalk
28th June 2011, 09:13 AM |#116  
Flag Las Palmas de G.C.
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

I manage to install the bb switcher but whenever im trying to change baseband and once my phone got the data connection it reboots itself...

To me it is the same. I had the Rom CM7 and when I used this program, I got to have continuous reboot to activate the 3G network. Try to leave it with only 2G network, you will see how it works.

I opened a thread with my logcat, upload yours too.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1144046

Regards.
28th June 2011, 09:28 AM |#117  
Flag Tokyo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmoreno75

To me it is the same. I had the Rom CM7 and when I used this program, I got to have continuous reboot to activate the 3G network. Try to leave it with only 2G network, you will see how it works.

I opened a thread with my logcat, upload yours too.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1144046

Regards.

What i mean was everytime my data network connects my phone reboots... even if i choose 2g only once the data is connected it reboots..

28th June 2011, 09:40 AM |#118  
Flag Las Palmas de G.C.

More
Quote:

What i mean was everytime my data network connects my phone reboots... even if i choose 2g only once the data is connected it reboots..

So, your situation is worse than mine. Sorry and good luck with your problem. If I find out a solution, I'll let you know.
28th June 2011, 10:05 AM |#119  
Flag Tokyo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmoreno75

So, your situation is worse than mine. Sorry and good luck with your problem. If I find out a solution, I'll let you know.

Thanks! But im using cm7 rc1 and the baseband switcher that's packaged with the rom is working ok.. I just can't make the baseband switcher work with the other roms like uk froyo, jb3 blurry ginger, liquidarc...
28th June 2011, 01:15 PM |#120  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks! But im using cm7 rc1 and the baseband switcher that's packaged with the rom is working ok.. I just can't make the baseband switcher work with the other roms like uk froyo, jb3 blurry ginger, liquidarc...

The BBSwitcher that quarx uses is the newest version (0.6) out of this thread. When you have a rebootproblem try this:
- start your phone
- quickly go to the flight mode
- hopefully your phone won't restart any more
- check if the basebandfiles are available or not

I had this once when the BB deleted the old files, but didn't copied the new onces... also the BB crashed everytime I started it: the developer was to lazy to do a filecheck before the md5-sum.

I copied files on my own and the reboots are gone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sqoerk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sqoerk Ad-Free
28th June 2011, 07:12 PM |#121  
Flag Las Palmas de G.C.

More
Quote:

The BBSwitcher that quarx uses is the newest version (0.6) out of this thread. When you have a rebootproblem try this:
- start your phone
- quickly go to the flight mode
- hopefully your phone won't restart any more
- check if the basebandfiles are available or not

I had this once when the BB deleted the old files, but didn't copied the new onces... also the BB crashed everytime I started it: the developer was to lazy to do a filecheck before the md5-sum.

I copied files on my own and the reboots are gone.

Hi @Sqoerk, I'm from Spain, I assume that your files can be valid for me, right? My problems began with the night of June 16, when I used BBSwitcher.

Can you upload them to prove?

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
basebandswitcher, itfunz

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)