[RELEASE][CWM2] All desire HBOOT's ready for install via RECOVERY [S-ON/OFF][GSM]

Search This thread

nickislauw

Sep 30, 2009
Hi all,

Here I present you; all the HBOOT'S from the alpharev website all in a zip format, so you can flash it via recovery:)

I tested it myself and its working without any brick or something:)

Tested it with CWM 2.5.0.7 :)

note: this is ONLY for GSM devices!!!

If someone could please convert the CWM2XXX scripts to CWM3XXX scripts, because i'm not able to do it.
I will add your credit to OP!! (thanks in advance)

ClockWorkMod 2XXX versions are at the bottom post, and ClockWorkMod 3XXXX verions are coming soon! since I can't convert the script and someone else has to do it!

I dont know if these zip's will work if you are S-ON! But you could try it if youre a huge tester like me ghehe, I dont know why it won't work.

Thank you for your understanding

BUT IF YOUR PHONE WILL BRICK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE!

How to install??

1. Put the zips on your SDCard.
2. Reboot into recovery.
3. Choose the zip to install.
4. Let it install, and it will reboot twice to install, so DONT pull the batt out;).
5. Thank me and enjoy!

Have a nice day:D

Attachments

• bravodowngradeHBOOT.zip
    219.5 KB · Views: 1,338
  • bravostockHBOOT.zip
    219.5 KB · Views: 1,376
  • cm7r2HBOOT.zip
    219.5 KB · Views: 1,719
  • data++HBOOT.zip
    219.5 KB · Views: 839
  • n1HBOOT.zip
    219.5 KB · Views: 384
  • OxygenR2HBOOT.zip
    219.5 KB · Views: 576
  • senseHBOOT.zip
    219.5 KB · Views: 647
Last edited:

AlxMAX

Sep 30, 2007
Bucharest
Why not? Wich error gives it??
He might have used ClockworkMod > 3.0 which doesn't support the amend scripting of your update scripts.

After I have read your first message, I have tried to find the edify equivalent for write_hboot_image and all I have found was that htc.install_hboot is the one, but in the CWM 4.x it requires 7 parameters. On a Hiapk forum I have found the following sample:
Code:
assert(htc.install_hboot(package_extract_file("hboot.img"),
                         320, 480, 16,
                         package_extract_file("install.565"),
                         package_extract_file("error.565")));
The sample contains only 6 parameters. In CWM 4.x, the seventh parameter is a string version of a SHA1 checksum (of hboot.img, I suppose). Some details in <cyanogenmod git tree>/device/htc/common/updater/recovery_updater.c. I suppose one may have to produce the 2 bitmaps, but I don't know how to use the SHA1 key in this case. If this problem is solved, then the radio flash problem is solved too.

nickislauw

Sep 30, 2009
He might have used ClockworkMod > 3.0 which doesn't support the amend scripting of your update scripts.

After I have read your first message, I have tried to find the edify equivalent for write_hboot_image and all I have found was that htc.install_hboot is the one, but in the CWM 4.x it requires 7 parameters. On a Hiapk forum I have found the following sample:
Code:
assert(htc.install_hboot(package_extract_file("hboot.img"),
                         320, 480, 16,
                         package_extract_file("install.565"),
                         package_extract_file("error.565")));
The sample contains only 6 parameters. In CWM 4.x, the seventh parameter is a string version of a SHA1 checksum (of hboot.img, I suppose). Some details in <cyanogenmod git tree>/device/htc/common/updater/recovery_updater.c. I suppose one may have to produce the 2 bitmaps, but I don't know how to use the SHA1 key in this case. If this problem is solved, then the radio flash problem is solved too.

well thanks for that, i will add to OP to use cwm 2xx;)

AlxMAX

Sep 30, 2007
Bucharest
Could a corrupt download not still leave us with a brick, or is it different flashing them this way (i.e. it would detect it was corrupt and not flash)? Either way thanks for these:)
The ZIPs are signed packages and they contain some checksums. If you have the JDK installed, you may try jarsigner -verify <zip package> to see if the archive is corrupted.
well thanks for that, i will add to OP to use cwm 2xx;)
Or Amon RA...!

CheesySeb

Sep 29, 2010
Gatwick
You will have to be s-off already to use these.
There hboots merely work with the existing s-off hboot to alter the partition sizes, you cannot install s-off with this.
Op please add this info to the info :)

sent from my s-off'd desire!

Reactions: kasalamite

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Here I present you; all the HBOOT'S from the alpharev website all in a zip format, so you can flash it via recovery:)

I tested it myself and its working without any brick or something:)

Tested it with CWM 2.5.0.7 :)

note: this is ONLY for GSM devices!!!

If someone could please convert the CWM2XXX scripts to CWM3XXX scripts, because i'm not able to do it.
    I will add your credit to OP!! (thanks in advance)

ClockWorkMod 2XXX versions are at the bottom post, and ClockWorkMod 3XXXX verions are coming soon! since I can't convert the script and someone else has to do it!

I dont know if these zip's will work if you are S-ON! But you could try it if youre a huge tester like me ghehe, I dont know why it won't work.

Thank you for your understanding

BUT IF YOUR PHONE WILL BRICK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE!

How to install??

1. Put the zips on your SDCard.
    2. Reboot into recovery.
    3. Choose the zip to install.
    4. Let it install, and it will reboot twice to install, so DONT pull the batt out;).
    5. Thank me and enjoy!

Have a nice day:D
    You will have to be s-off already to use these.
    There hboots merely work with the existing s-off hboot to alter the partition sizes, you cannot install s-off with this.
    Op please add this info to the info :)

sent from my s-off'd desire!
    I have no clear exactly to change the Hboot.
    Can someone explain me what are the advantages of using one or another HBOOT.
    Thanks

Go to http://alpharev.nl. It will explain it for you.

This is a bad idea. Fastboot is the safest way to flash hboots and recoveries and things like that. If something goes wrong with a hboot, then say bye bye to your phone.
    It still works with CWM 2.XXXX

Please give me feedback!

And if there is someone would like to convert the update scripts to CWM3/4/5XXX

Would be appreciated man!

Thanks

The old command
    Code:
    write_hboot_image PACKAGE:hboot.img

in the new updater-script should be translated in
    Code:
    assert(package_extract_file("hboot.img", "/tmp/hboot.img"),
    	write_firmware_image("/tmp/hboot.img", "hboot"),
    	delete("/tmp/hboot.img"));

but i didn't tried it, and i dont want to try it lol :D

i see two possible scenario:
    -write_firmware_image command not available
    -brick bootloader (this is very bad..but why should happen? should work)