Old WM6 Thread

Search This thread

sdh

Jun 7, 2006
One question, after the upgrade, is the phone still recognised as O2 branded. Will I still be able to install O2 applications like O2PhonePlus, O2Plus at least.

Ant-125

Dec 17, 2006
jiggs
How can I modify this ROM to using with Atom Exec? Which file/registry key must be changed to do this?

Ant-125

Dec 17, 2006
Which drivers? Can you tell me more details? Is it possible to take this drivers from Atom Life WM6 ROM?

Last edited:

Ultimate Chicken

Jan 30, 2006
Quick questions:
Are you using the WM6 bluetooth drivers, or the WM5 ones?
Also, how did you change the bootloader screen? 0.0

ericj

May 21, 2006
Hong Kong
Dear Jigggs

I just want to know this version isn't it compitable with the CE star now. the question that I ask before?
Congratulation for the WM6 launch today ^o^

davidw89

Jan 11, 2007
Haha Jiggs i hope this isn't the ROM that bricked my phone..(i had to send it to repair yesterday). Anyway, lets hope WM6 for Atom Exec soon..maybe we can port the files from other devices?

Ultimate Chicken

Jan 30, 2006
I don't have access to my home comp now, but I have a CE Star version for WM6, which I'm able to grab thanks to my sis who purchased a Touch. It's supposedly compatible only for HTC devices, tho, but given that HTC stuff works on the Atom, there shouldn't be a problem. Wait a day and I'll find a place to put it up.

Ultimate Chicken

Jan 30, 2006
I have a CEStar cab for WM6 that's meant to be used on HTC devices like the Touch. Don't know if it works, and it needs registration anyway. It's currently only on my home comp so you'll have to wait a bit for me to put it up.

jiggs

Jan 27, 2006
Haha Jiggs i hope this isn't the ROM that bricked my phone..(i had to send it to repair yesterday). Anyway, lets hope WM6 for Atom Exec soon..maybe we can port the files from other devices?

Nope. This is for the Atom. The one I sent you was helmi_c blind build...

jiggs

Jan 27, 2006
Quick questions:
Are you using the WM6 bluetooth drivers, or the WM5 ones?
Also, how did you change the bootloader screen? 0.0

a2dp is wm6 / bluetooth main driver is wm5 (wasn't successful with wm6) so PAN is not yet supported. boot screen - I described the process here

http://www.buzzdev.net/index.php?option=com_phorum&Itemid=125&phorum_query=read,71,32165

I have not found how to enable the second screen as utilized by Atom Exec (bootscr.bmp) any ideas?

Last edited:

Lann_78

Sep 7, 2007
Singapore
Wireless Manager Blank Screen

After Installing Tne WM6 For Atom by Mr. jiggs,
My wireless manager screen is blank... But if i were to press anywhere there is a response... am i doing somthing wrong somewhere? :confused:

jiggs

Jan 27, 2006
Which drivers? Can you tell me more details? Is it possible to take this drivers from Atom Life WM6 ROM?

This can not be answered in a few sentences. What you are asking me is how to port WM6 into Atom Exec.... There is no definitive information on ROM porting. This whole forum has bits and pieces of information scattered all over the place, and still a lot of information remains unanswered. I couldn't say I know it all, what I did was to adopt the process of other devices and tested it on the Atom. And honestly, I flashed my device more than 500 times for the last 5 months to study and test different kind of methods.

ericj

May 21, 2006
Hong Kong
You can try Ultimate Chick's CE star... This is more or less the same as the beta 3.

HI Bro thanks for your help and I will waiting for . I also got the patch for CE star so don't worry about the registration. Hope it can work on WM6 0.3 Version . And wish jiggs can port a update version of WM6 like 0.4 or late it may got more bus fixed !
And wish all can enjoy the WM6 from jiggs and say thanks for hardworking ,people should understand he takes many hours,days to help us.

jiggs

Jan 27, 2006
HI Bro thanks for your help and I will waiting for . I also got the patch for CE star so don't worry about the registration. Hope it can work on WM6 0.3 Version . And wish jiggs can port a update version of WM6 like 0.4 or late it may got more bus fixed !
And wish all can enjoy the WM6 from jiggs and say thanks for hardworking ,people should understand he takes many hours,days to help us.

5 months to be exact. :D