[Kernel] 2.6.32.48 - OC-UV-VFP_FP (1.400GHZ) - Gtab/Zpad (Update 11/24/11)

Search This thread

tcrews

May 4, 2010
android.snkbitten.com
I couldn't access the SD card using Root Explorer. Kept saying it wasn't mounted.
I could mount it in recovery and access it with my pc via usb but not natively on the tab with CM7 running. Not an issue with VG7. If I could have accessed the darn SD card things would have been better. I could not restore my Launcher Pro screens or Titanium Backup files. I know this is the wrong thread for these issues so could someone help with a link to a posting I would appreciate it.
I also like the position of the toolbar (not sure what it is actually called) in VG7 (lower left) than CM7 (upper right).

The internal storage is mapped as /SDCARD on VEGAn-Ginger but mapped properly (as per Google's method) as /EMMC on CM7. An actual real physical sd card would be mounted as /SDCARD if you put one in the slot. This is a pain for those without a real sd card to use and can easily be fixed by editing the volds.fstab swapping the /emmc and /sdcard mounts.

Doing that edit would give you back the ability to use the data stored on the internal storage as you were before....so you could restore you Titanium backups and your Launcher Pro backups. I use this method as I don't have an external sd card currently.

Also the "toolbar" is configured in the Settings/CyanogenMod Settings/Tablet Tweaks section so you can put those at bottom/top/left/right..which ever you want.

Reactions: paracutin

edgar67

Dec 14, 2008
Grass Valley, CA
Wifi "out of range" with kernal update (2632.41)

Anyone having trouble with wifi on cm7.

I flashed this kernel from stock cm7 (7.0.3) "boot-cm_2632.41-oc-uv-xtra-vfp_fp-060111.zip" and it has broken my wifi connection. It cannot see any signals (before flashing I had strong signals from 2 waps. Now it shows nothing, although it remembers my personal wap name.

Flashing back to 2632.39 for now.

**UPDATE**
I think I may have flashed the wrong kernel! OOPS.
It's a VERY fortunate thing that the G Tablet is so forgiving.

I just flashed this kernel "boot-cm_2632.41_gb-oc-uv-xtra-vfp_fp-060311.zip" and my wifi is fine again.

Maybe my mistake will save someone time. I downloaded the incorrect from this forum instead of directly from pershoot's page and ended up with a Froyo kernel. CM7 needs a Gingerbread kernel.

Is there anything I need to do after flashing to the new ROM ("pushing modules"??) Thanks!

Last edited:

tcrews

May 4, 2010
android.snkbitten.com
Anyone having trouble with wifi on cm7.

I flashed this kernel from stock cm7 (7.0.3) "boot-cm_2632.41-oc-uv-xtra-vfp_fp-060111.zip" and it has broken my wifi connection. It cannot see any signals (before flashing I had strong signals from 2 waps. Now it shows nothing, although it remembers my personal wap name.

Flashing back to 2632.39 for now.

You flashed the wrong one. CM7 is Gingerbread so you need this one..

boot-cm_2632.41_gb-oc-uv-xtra-vfp_fp-060311.zip

Reactions: edgar67

yashmack

May 20, 2011
Im running a gtablet with vegan ginger and whenever I flash the latest kernel i cant get it to boot
first time i flashed the tablet would not bot past the blue gtabdevs logo, now after flashing and deleting dalvic, data, and cache it boots to the vegan logo but will then loop to a black screen then to the vegan logo and eventually turn off

i flashed the gingerbread kernel

anyone else successfully flash the latest 2632.41 kernel to ginger edition and what step did i miss?

UPDATE: Went back to an older kernel, 2632.41 GB from June 1st and it flashed and booted successfully
will redownload the june 3rd kernel and try again

UPDATE 2: I redownloaded the June 3rd kernel and it flashed and installed with no problem... not sure what the problem was but its working correctly now
Thanks pershoot for all the hard work!!

Last edited:

TEK112

Aug 18, 2010
Philadelphia
Im running a gtablet with vegan ginger and whenever I flash the latest kernel i cant get it to boot
first time i flashed the tablet would not bot past the blue gtabdevs logo, now after flashing and deleting dalvic, data, and cache it boots to the vegan logo but will then loop to a black screen then to the vegan logo and eventually turn off

i flashed the gingerbread kernel

anyone else successfully flash the latest 2632.41 kernel to ginger edition and what step did i miss?

UPDATE: Went back to an older kernel, 2632.41 GB from June 1st and it flashed and booted successfully
will redownload the june 3rd kernel and try again

UPDATE 2: I redownloaded the June 3rd kernel and it flashed and installed with no problem... not sure what the problem was but its working correctly now
Thanks pershoot for all the hard work!!

The next time you flash a kernel, do not wiping anything.

yashmack

May 20, 2011
The next time you flash a kernel, do not wiping anything.

I did that initially but when I rebooted it would not load past the blue gtabdevs screen
I think my initial problem was the fact that the download may have been corrupted somehow

I usually dont delete data if I dont have to and only chose to after the tablet wouldnt boot

thanks for the advice though

babybacon

May 7, 2010
So im using the cwm installable BoS honeycomb and the kernel installs properly.

but pershoot said to copy the wifi driver to /system/lib/modules and use the 'newbl' kernel.

another post said to put it in the /system/lib/hw/wlan.

Where am i supposed to get the wifi driver from? and what am i supposed to do?

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
Awesome work!

Any chance of a HC specific release in the future? I know you can use your current Froyo kernel and manually push the wifi module, but any thoughts of a dedicated kernel?

there really is no need for one (on .32).

just push the wifi module where the HC ports are looking for it.

ramerco

Mar 16, 2011
hey pershoot I am curious if you have change logs from way back in Dec Jan time. what sort of stuff changed between the december kernel and your first standalone release in January? was this when the nvidia 10.9.9 libraries went in?

I have run into some apps that seem to only run on the old December kernel, and it has gotten me curious trying to figure out why.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
hey pershoot I am curious if you have change logs from way back in Dec Jan time. what sort of stuff changed between the december kernel and your first standalone release in January? was this when the nvidia 10.9.9 libraries went in?

I have run into some apps that seem to only run on the old December kernel, and it has gotten me curious trying to figure out why.

check github. 10.9.9 wouldnt have an impact on anything (that was just lowmemorykiller stuff which i had in already).

please get some logs.

ramerco

Mar 16, 2011
check github. 10.9.9 wouldnt have an impact on anything (that was just lowmemorykiller stuff which i had in already).

please get some logs.

I am trying to sift through your git. Hard bc I am pretty ignorant when it comes to kernel stuff. I have looked here and there seems to be a big blank between august and february:https://github.com/pershoot/gtab-2632/commits?page=77

What kind of logs? Just running log cat while running the app that causes problems? Should I set any options?

Maybe I can run logcat with the working kernel (the december one) and then the non-working (any other one).

UPDATE: Find logcats attached. The working kernel is the one from december (find it packaged up here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14831100&postcount=1), the one that causes issues is your latest from 6/3/11. Everyone since january has the same issue.

I know that PvZ is just one game, and if these issues are occurring with other apps they are few and far between. But now since I have found a repeatable problem, I just can't give it up without figuring out why!

Attachments

• LOGCATpvzrunsfine.txt
    34 KB · Views: 5
  • LOGCATpvzerrorwithlatest.txt
    73.5 KB · Views: 4
  • LOGCATpvzerrorwithlatest_part2.txt
    49.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
sorry all, got held up in galaxy tab 10.1 land. will put out an update soonish. i have it all ready to go.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
I am trying to sift through your git. Hard bc I am pretty ignorant when it comes to kernel stuff. I have looked here and there seems to be a big blank between august and february:https://github.com/pershoot/gtab-2632/commits?page=77

What kind of logs? Just running log cat while running the app that causes problems? Should I set any options?

Maybe I can run logcat with the working kernel (the december one) and then the non-working (any other one).

UPDATE: Find logcats attached. The working kernel is the one from december (find it packaged up here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14831100&postcount=1), the one that causes issues is your latest from 6/3/11. Everyone since january has the same issue.

I know that PvZ is just one game, and if these issues are occurring with other apps they are few and far between. But now since I have found a repeatable problem, I just can't give it up without figuring out why!

ill look through this when i get back from vaca.

Reactions: ramerco

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Kernel] 2.6.32.48 - OC-UV-VFP_FP - Gtab/Zpad

-Initial release for Viewsonic’s Gtablet/Malata Zpad

-merge up to nvidia’s 10.9.9
    -merge up to Kernel.org’s 2.6.32.48
    -add NTFS (w./ write support (proceed with caution if writing!)),AUFS,CIFS,FUSE,TUN,HFSPlus,NFS Client v3/4 (kernel modules; pull the desired module from lib-2632.48.tar.gz and place in to /system/lib/modules/2.6.32.48-cyanogenmod/ and use insmod to insert) and EXT4 (in-built)
    -DM_CRYPT/Ciphers/Routines,Cgroups,Namespaces support,Errata’s 430973,458693,460075
    -ondemand governor default
    -tweak cpufreq_ondemand a bit (use values from vision-2632)
    -cortex-a9/vfp cc -O1 optimisations, using CodeSourcery’s 2009q1-203 ARM-EABI toolchain
    -pull in a few changes from vision-2632
    -use bcm4329, Version 4.218.248-23, FW Version 4.218.248-18
    -add MP/PPP/TP/OE and USB Serial,IPV4/6,Netfilter, and Queuing options
    -oc to 1.4GHZ; min mv: 900, max mv: 1200
    -reduce voltages

-statically compile koush’s anykernel for use with harmony/tegra2, and add an unpackbootimg script

http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/

http://github.com/pershoot/gtab-2632
    gtab/zpad/t8 - 2.6.32.48 - refreshed
    gtab/zpad(old/new bl) - 2.6.32.42 - gingerbread/froyo - http://droidbasement.com/db-blog ; RM updated.
    so do we have overclocking yet?

not yet. its on my list (to pick apart dvfs/nvodm and backport AOSP's frequency scaling, etc.).