6,371 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,427

By thoughtlesskyle, Recognized Developer on 7th March 2011, 10:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th June 2011, 10:48 AM |#161  
Portland, OR, USA
Thanks Meter: 455

More
First I wanted to say thanks for providing us with usable versions of the MIUI camera. I've used both v10 and v17 on my Eris and now when flashing an update or a different ROM, I usually go ahead and replace the stock camera with v17 in the zip.

Anyways, I figured I could give back to the thread as I just got around to fixing a couple of annoyances with v17. One change is eliminating the FC when pressing the color effects menu by having it just stay at the main menu popup. I also fixed a slight layout misalignment where the menu popup for the camera mode had a slight gap between it and what I'll call the dock where the shutter button is located. Not sure if that was present on the Hero as well or just for us with an Eris. Lastly the background of the settings menus for picture size, video quality, etc is now dark instead of that ugly and hard to read light gray.

I plan on looking into whether some of the color effects can be made to function but not sure how that will go. And if anybody has something else they'd like to see fixed that is feasible, let me know and I'll try and work on it.

Edit: The latest fix now has color effects working. You can get it here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MongooseHelix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MongooseHelix Ad-Free

1st July 2011, 07:11 AM |#162  
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Great, gonna test it on my sgs. Thank you.

Edit : it works

Sent from a CM7 Galaxy
1st July 2011, 02:53 PM |#163  
Flag Somewhere, FL
Thanks Meter: 11,471

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHelix

First I wanted to say thanks for providing us with usable versions of the MIUI camera. I've used both v10 and v17 on my Eris and now when flashing an update or a different ROM, I usually go ahead and replace the stock camera with v17 in the zip.

Anyways, I figured I could give back to the thread as I just got around to fixing a couple of annoyances with v17. One change is eliminating the FC when pressing the color effects menu by having it just stay at the main menu popup. I also fixed a slight layout misalignment where the menu popup for the camera mode had a slight gap between it and what I'll call the dock where the shutter button is located. Not sure if that was present on the Hero as well or just for us with an Eris. Lastly the background of the settings menus for picture size, video quality, etc is now dark instead of that ugly and hard to read light gray.

You can get the apk with these fixes from my post here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=154

I plan on looking into whether some of the color effects can be made to function but not sure how that will go. And if anybody has something else they'd like to see fixed that is feasible, let me know and I'll try and work on it.

Great Job! Thanks for this!
2nd July 2011, 02:36 AM |#164  
Thanks Meter: 463

More
Works on my D2 running CM7!

Pretty cool - pushed the "fixed" apk from MongooseHelix to system/app and set permissions (644) and owner (root/root) and it boots up and shoot and just works!

Video even recorded (though FC after playback and return to the camera).

Sweet. Nicely done.
3rd July 2011, 01:33 AM |#165  
Flag Somewhere, FL

More
I made a zip of this you can flash from recovery. *Edit* removed because I don't know what I am doing.

Sent from my phone.
3rd July 2011, 05:27 AM |#166  
Thanks Meter: 830

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappjaxxx

I made a zip of this you can flash from recovery.
Here is the link:
http://www.multiupload.com/CQ4M4AOIM2
Edit: This will overwrite Camera.apk in /system/app

Sent from my phone.

What recovery's can you use this with??

#Root/Hack-Mod_Always*
3rd July 2011, 09:40 AM |#167  
Portland, OR, USA

More
Talking MIUI Camera v17 With Working Color Effects
Edit: I've also posted a test apk that allows many phones to switch to their FFC...Click here to try it out!

READ FIRST
1) Android 2.3.3+ required
2) Flashable zips and instructions for installing apk as a system app will replace original Camera.apk(to not replace, install apk as a user app)
3) PM me or post any issues you come across
4) If this works on your phone and it's not on the list already, let me know so I can add it

Attached Files
1) apk - manually install as a user or system app
user app: download to sdcard, navigate to apk using a file manager, select, and install
system app using adb: download to comp, "adb remount", "adb push APK_FILE /system/app/Camera.apk", "adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/Camera.apk", reboot
system app using root explorer: download to sdcard, long-press apk on /sdcard, rename to Camera.apk, long-press again to move Camera.apk, paste into /system/app, long-press apk to change permissions to rw-r--r--, long-press once more to change owner to 0-root/0-root, reboot
2) amend zip - download to sd card, reboot into recovery, flash, reboot
incompatible recoveries: ClockworkMod v3.0+
3) edify zip - download to sd card, reboot into recovery, flash, reboot
compatible devices: Eris, Hero, Desire, Incredible, NexusOne, Evo, Legend, Aria, Wildfire, myTouch 3G Slide, Droid/Milestone, & some others

Works on:
HTC: Hero, Eris, Nexus One, Incredible, Evo 4G, Desire HD, Inspire 4G, ThunderBolt, Incredible 2
Motorola: Droid X, Droid 2
Samsung: Galaxy S
LG: Optimus One

Fixed:
1) color effects options
2) background for settings screens
3) gap between options pop-up and main control bar

Known Issues:
1) unable to switch to a FFC
2) widescreen resolutions on the Droid X
3) flash not working on desire hd, thunderbolt, others?
3) layout alignment of pics/text on color effect option buttons(MDPI only?)
4) possible hard resets related to auto-flash or color-effects...certain device(s)?
5) touch focus with screen shutter option enabled will only focus at the center
6) scene mode and whitebalance options not available/implemented
7) silence setting doesn't disable "focus successful" tone

Edit: I've also posted a test apk that allows many phones to switch to their FFC...Click here to try it out!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MonoMenu.jpg
Views:	6284
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	644360   Click image for larger version

Name:	Negative.jpg
Views:	5714
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	644361  
Attached Files
File Type: apk MIUIcamera_v17_Fixed2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (438.8 KB, 18059 views)
File Type: zip MIUIcamera_v17_amend.zip - [Click for QR Code] (441.1 KB, 3097 views)
File Type: zip MIUIcamera_v17_edify.zip - [Click for QR Code] (475.2 KB, 4227 views)
The Following 48 Users Say Thank You to MongooseHelix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MongooseHelix Ad-Free
3rd July 2011, 09:52 AM |#168  
Portland, OR, USA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappjaxxx

I made a zip of this you can flash from recovery.
Here is the link:
http://www.multiupload.com/CQ4M4AOIM2
Edit: This will overwrite Camera.apk in /system/app

Quote:
Originally Posted by laie1472

What recovery's can you use this with??

It looks like it's an edify script so any recovery should work. However, flappjaxxx must be using the /system mountpoint for his Inspire(ext type at "/dev/block/mmcblk0p25") which isn't the same as the Hero/Eris(yaffs type at "dev/block/mtdblock3"). Lately I've just been installing it as a user app and it's been working fine. If you want it as a system app, you can adb push it or use root explorer to move it from your sd card. Just remember to change the owner and permissions after moving the apk from the sd card.
3rd July 2011, 11:19 AM |#169  
Thanks Meter: 830

More
Quote:

It looks like it's an edify script so any recovery should work. However, flappjaxxx must be using the /system mountpoint for his Inspire(ext type at "/dev/block/mmcblk0p25") which isn't the same as the Hero/Eris(yaffs type at "dev/block/mtdblock3"). Lately I've just been installing it as a user app and it's been working fine. If you want it as a system app, you can adb push it or use root explorer to move it from your sd card. Just remember to change the owner and permissions after moving the apk from the sd card.

If I still used my hero I would have just taken the zip extracted the apk edited the update script resigned it and made a flashable zip for Ra1.7 . But I have the 3vo and the wife got the hero which still has Ra1.7 as the recovery. It was more or less for the users who have the hero because he didn't post what recovery it was compatible with . And Ra recoveries can't flash edify it has to be amend. But I'm going to dl this for the wife and make a flashable zip since its an updated version and test it out. Nevertheless thanks.

#Root/Hack-Mod_Always*
3rd July 2011, 05:04 PM |#170  
Flag Somewhere, FL

More
Quote:

I have a new fixed apk that should let you open up the color effects, show you a scrollable list of the ones that are compatible with your device, and then allow you to actually use them. For my Eris, the options shown are: None, Mono, Sepia, Negative, and Solarize. I've been able to take both pictures and video with effects on and the camera uses the QuickPic app I have installed to display/play them. Let me know if something doesn't work right or is broken. To get the effects working, I ended up taking some source files from the framework.jar of a MIUI ROM, modifying them a bit, and then including them in the camera apk.

You rock! Thanks for this! It works perfectly now on my Inspire 4G! Much respect!
The Following User Says Thank You to flappjaxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flappjaxxx Ad-Free
3rd July 2011, 08:34 PM |#171  
Portland, OR, USA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laie1472

If I still used my hero I would have just taken the zip extracted the apk edited the update script resigned it and made a flashable zip for Ra1.7 . But I have the 3vo and the wife got the hero which still has Ra1.7 as the recovery. It was more or less for the users who have the hero because he didn't post what recovery it was compatible with . And Ra recoveries can't flash edify it has to be amend. But I'm going to dl this for the wife and make a flashable zip since its an updated version and test it out. Nevertheless thanks.

Are you sure you aren't able to flash edify zips(updater-script + update-binary) with RA-1.7 on your hero? I use Amon-RA's v1.6.2 for my Eris and can flash either amend or edify zips. I know clockworkmod 3.0+ requires edify but otherwise, I thought Amon-RA and pre-3.0 ClockworkMod recoveries worked for both.

Edit: I added flashable zips to my post with the latest fixed apk. Initially, just an amend version and an edify version for devices with /system as yaffs2 located at /dev/block/mtdblock#
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)