CyanogenMod 7 for the HTC Incredible 2 :DINC2: V7.1.0-Beta1 (3 July 2011)

Search This thread

attn1

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 18, 2010
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This version is a beta, but you will find it stable for everyday use.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the HTC Incredible 2, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. (Required)
  2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
  4. Perform a factory reset.
  5. Flash CyanogenMod.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-Beta1-Inc2
Download: update-cm-7.1.0-Beta1-Inc2-signed.zip
Mirror: update-cm-7.1.0-Beta1-Inc2-signed.zip

MD5sum: 1f48933fa432f53cef392fdcd2db0872

Google Apps addon:
Version: gapps-gb-20110613
Mirror: link
The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Last edited:

maqsur

Mar 27, 2010
Emerald Coast
Looks really great. I liked using it back when I had my HD2 (sdcard days!!).

Renewing my interest in rooting... thanks for the preview.

cvo515

Dec 8, 2010
Oooooh snap! Just got my dinc2 yesterday from dinc1

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA App

bradleyz

Jun 29, 2010
This just made my wait for s-off a little bit more difficult!:-( But, this is awesome! I was hoping to see some AOSP love! Thank you very much!:)

sent from my incarcerated Incredible 2

cloiselle

Nov 28, 2010
this makes me all warm and fuzzy inside :D

clip should be here late next week, cannot wait to play ! thanks for the support guys :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This version is a beta, but you will find it stable for everyday use.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the HTC Incredible 2, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. (Required)
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
    Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-Beta1-Inc2
    Download: update-cm-7.1.0-Beta1-Inc2-signed.zip
    Mirror: update-cm-7.1.0-Beta1-Inc2-signed.zip

MD5sum: 1f48933fa432f53cef392fdcd2db0872

Google Apps addon:
    Version: gapps-gb-20110613
    The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    it ain't official. we got hookked up

It's about as official as it gets. It's a pre-release beta. It's not on the CM site yet because my stuff was just now merged into the CM repository.

an RC is on it's way soon - probably when RC2 hits. :)
    Call me crazy, but I don't get why anyone would swap the stock Sense UI on the HTC Incredible 2 for CM7. I just did, and it was like going in the way-back machine to Froyo days, or something. I'm rooted and S-Off'd and all that. I really don't see the point.

It's posts like these that add no value to the thread that make them impossible to navigate for useful feedback for all the garbage sub-threading it generates . If you don't care for a project, why not move along, rather than make inane, offensive, trolling remarks about something you obviously have no understanding of?

This thread is for discussion of a specific part of a very large development, and not for off-topic general banter about absolute nonsense.
    This hasn't been updated for almost three months...follow the nightlies and no they have yet to fix it

i have made a lot of progress on audio source, but nightlies build still use prebuilt audio

probably we can switch to our source audio soon ...