647 posts
Thanks Meter: 652

Post Reply Email Thread
5th June 2011, 05:21 AM |#561  
Flag Wilmington
Thanks Meter: 54

Donate to Me
More
I have a problem installing the hboot driver. Error 37?
hBoot-2.10.0001 if it helps...

10th June 2011, 05:19 PM |#562  
Flag Utopia
Thanks Meter: 37

More
void 10 chars
18th June 2011, 02:10 PM |#563  
Flag Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I can't get past the first part of this process and need some help. When I boot into recovery and try to update the drivers I can't get the phone to display the HBOOT USB Plug and it never shows up in the device manager. It just says Hboot USb and doesn't ever change. Thanks in advance

my HBOOT is version 2.10.0001
22nd June 2011, 02:46 AM |#564  
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Thanks Meter: 0

More
anyone know when 3.3 comes out? cant seem to find any dates around...
24th June 2011, 05:50 AM |#565  
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue206

I can't get past the first part of this process and need some help. When I boot into recovery and try to update the drivers I can't get the phone to display the HBOOT USB Plug and it never shows up in the device manager. It just says Hboot USb and doesn't ever change. Thanks in advance

my HBOOT is version 2.10.0001

Same boat here. Same hboot, using windows7 64bit. doesn't recognize in device manager it change to ish hboot plug. please help us.

Edit: turns out my problem was the junk cable that I had. new cable and several tries later I'm rooted, yay!
24th June 2011, 08:56 AM |#566  
Flag S.Ogden
Thanks Meter: 1,210

More
Worked perfectly for me like butter. Used a windows machine and installed drivers without issue and have a nicely rooted modded stock 4.24 hotspot hacked Netflix watching phone. Haha

Sent from my demonSPEED! Glacier
26th June 2011, 07:32 PM |#567  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 19

More
This might not be the right thread for this question, but here goes anyway.

I have been rooted with unrevoked since soon after the initial EVO release last June. I am also s-off. I haven't flashed any dev ROMs, as all I'm primarily interested in is wireless tether, and a couple other root apps.

So, my "strategy" with OTA updates has always been to:
1) re-install the stock recovery
2) take the OTA
3) re-install ClockWorkMod recovery
3) re-install su
4) have a new, root stock ROM.
5) just for good measure, install ROM manager to make nandroids easy, just in case I ever want to try a dev ROM.

So, this worked flawlessly, throughout the Froyo OTA update cycle (two or three updates, if I recall).

And it worked perfect to accept the GB1 update.

However, in trying to do this with the latest GB2 update, I tried to flash the stock recovery (using the stock recovery extracted from the GB1 OTA zip file that I saved from the phone). When I flash the PC36IMG.zip file I created (via VolumeDown-PowerButton boot), it indicates the flash was taken. But, after deleting the PC36IMG file, and trying to re-boot into the stock recovery, it hangs at a RedTriangle-Exclamation screen. I must battery pull. I can re-boot the phone, no problem, but no recovery is possible to get into. Note the phone is still rooted (su runs and shows my su apps). I can re-flash ClockWorkMod, and get back into that recovery, but simply cannot get the stock recovery flashed successfully.

Unrevoked "recommends" going back to stock recovery to accept any OTA. So I've always done that, with no issues until now. I cannot take the OTA GB2 update with ClockWorkMod. It gives the following:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

Any thoughts on why a stock recovery cannot be flashed now that I am on GB1 when I've never had an issue with this previously? Does it have something to do with now being on hboot 2.16?

Thanks in advance.
2nd July 2011, 02:32 AM |#568  
Flag Roanoke, VA
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Just got an EVO today. Any way to get around gingerbread ota?

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App
5th July 2011, 10:11 PM |#569  
Flag birmingham, Al
Thanks Meter: 41

Donate to Me
More
can you use Unevoked to root Evo w/ Gingerbread
I was wondering if you can use this unrevoked for the evo with the gingerbread update?
The Following User Says Thank You to TheGman125 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheGman125 Ad-Free
6th July 2011, 05:45 AM |#570  
Flag S.Ogden
Thanks Meter: 1,210

More
[QUOTE=TheGman125;15375574]I was wondering if you can use this unrevoked for the evo with the gingerbread update?
Unfortunately no
Sent from my demonSPEED Glacier
6th July 2011, 05:52 AM |#571  
detroit via new orleans
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Does anyone know if anyone is working on breaking the new hboot? I hate to have to swap out this EVO for an epic(cant seem to find anyone willing to swap me a nexus s).........I just can't take this updated replacement EVO anymore.....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)