[GUIDE] One Click How to Root EVO with Unrevoked 3.21

647 posts
Thanks Meter: 653

Post Reply Email Thread
6th July 2011, 04:52 AM |#571  
detroit via new orleans
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Does anyone know if anyone is working on breaking the new hboot? I hate to have to swap out this EVO for an epic(cant seem to find anyone willing to swap me a nexus s).........I just can't take this updated replacement EVO anymore.....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

6th July 2011, 08:05 PM |#572  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuke00

Don't worry, with this community it will be resolved very soon

Not really - the update has been out a month, and the *only* noise has been people asking about it - nobody has even tried releasing "hey, this might work - give it a shot" posts, or even hints that someone is working on it. There's ZERO noise from that fold. EVO4G + OTA GB won't get unlocked/rooted until they do something with EVO 3D, since it's the same boot loader. We just need to hope that what works for 3D will work for 4G, otherwise we're pooched.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wifflepig For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wifflepig Ad-Free
6th July 2011, 08:15 PM |#573  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Angry Evo 3d > evo 4g
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifflepig

Not really - the update has been out a month, and the *only* noise has been people asking about it - nobody has even tried releasing "hey, this might work - give it a shot" posts, or even hints that someone is working on it. There's ZERO noise from that fold. EVO4G + OTA GB won't get unlocked/rooted until they do something with EVO 3D, since it's the same boot loader. We just need to hope that what works for 3D will work for 4G, otherwise we're pooched.

EVO 3D was bumped back so they could take off the locked bootloaders right?

EVO 3D should come unlocked, as well as any other further phone from HTC or APPLE.

We just need to get rid of the EVO 4G or ask HTC to send us software to remove it, *Hopeful wishes*
10th July 2011, 05:18 AM |#574  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XyberTripX

EVO 3D was bumped back so they could take off the locked bootloaders right?

EVO 3D should come unlocked, as well as any other further phone from HTC or APPLE.

We just need to get rid of the EVO 4G or ask HTC to send us software to remove it, *Hopeful wishes*

The 3d bootloaders are locked, I work at a RadioShack and we have a working store demo
10th July 2011, 08:32 AM |#575  
Flag outside of ATL, GA
Thanks Meter: 480

More
I got a couple replacement Evos before getting the 3D. The second to last one I got had 2.2, next day replacement had 2.3.3. Coupe days later my girls replacement also came with 2.3.3 on it. New and refurbs are shipping with 2.3.3 preloaded, sucks for any one needing a replacement and for those just buying a new Evo. Hopefully won't be much longer for UnRevoked to crack the Evo's GB.... she was actually really excited about me rooting hers

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App
10th July 2011, 12:02 PM |#576  
Grayson, GA
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifflepig

i've heard that there are people working on it right now...and i also heard that the exploit thats being used on the 3d isnt going to work on the evo 4g so i dont think they're gonna be related...at least according to what i've read here.
10th July 2011, 10:53 PM |#577  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I'm screwed as well...took mine in for the camera to be replaced and they started testing and it failed a few tests, so they replaced it with a new one in house...loaded w/ 2.3.3 UGH....
13th July 2011, 04:28 AM |#578  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
So is this method worthless now because of the GB update? My friend asked me to root his EVO (that he just got btw) and I'm looking through these old methods, only to find out that some of these methods are worthless.
13th July 2011, 12:56 PM |#579  
Flag Olathe, KS
Thanks Meter: 461

More
They are all worthless at the moment. No root method for 2.3.3 yet.

My replacement came with the 4.22 update. Should I update to 4.24? Any devs out there able to comment on whether a root exploit could potentially be found on 4.22 but not on 4.24?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
13th July 2011, 05:20 PM |#580  
What is annoying is I have S-OFF, but I have the new HBOOT (due to a stupid move on my part applying the Sprint RUU) and now I can't get S-OFF to S-ON for taking back to the store, nor can I install a custom recovery. grrrr
13th July 2011, 11:14 PM |#581  
Grayson, GA
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog

What is annoying is I have S-OFF, but I have the new HBOOT (due to a stupid move on my part applying the Sprint RUU) and now I can't get S-OFF to S-ON for taking back to the store, nor can I install a custom recovery. grrrr

There's a flashable s-on zip I have on my computer. I can post the link later tonight or you can search for an unrooting thread....it should be there too.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)