Version 8 [31/8/2011]
A nova (plural novae) is a cataclysmic nuclear explosion caused by the accretion of hydrogen on to the surface of a white dwarf star, which ignites and starts nuclear fusion in a runaway manner. Novae are not to be confused with supernovae or luminous red novae.
Android 2.2.2 based on V10C
Quasar kernel v2.6.32.x
Partitions upgraded to EXT4 without journalism
OC + UV by default
A wipe is required when first flashing Nova, however, unless otherwise stated, no wipe is needed to upgrade between versions.
- Download nova-xxx.zip to your sdcard storage on your OB
- [Optional] Check nova-xxx.zip's Md5 to check if your download copy is corrupted
- Boot into CWM Recovery through whatever method you choose (anreboot, terminal, ...)
- [First flash only] Use the volume keys and power button to select Wipe Data
- Select Install Zip from SD Card
- Find the nova-xxx.zip file you downloaded earlier
- Scroll through all the No's and hit Yes, install nova-xxx.zip
- Wait for the installation to finish
- Select Reboot
- After the long initial reboot, reboot a second time and you're all set
I'm not responsible for any damage what-so-ever done to your phone, as with any ROM, you accept this risk.
First time flashing Nova? Download this: http://bit.ly/nova-eight (it will wipe data) | md5: 655b0af2e6f15224d4840cee67519902
Already have Nova? Download this: --- (it will not wipe data)
- If UI is very slow after 2 minutes, reflash. If home button doesn't work, reflash.
- Remember to reboot after the first long boot (applies some tweaks).
- Check "known issues" and "FAQ" before posting.
For more information on the ROM's features, changelog and where to place your suggestions and bug reports, keep reading post #2 and #3.