[Rom]{7.13.11}[EC09] ComRom GB 0.2.1 (ugb) *0.2.1 patch released

Search This thread

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
***Warning: EC09 is notorious for either wiping/corrupting/destroying sdcards...in testing comrom was doing this to some folks as well..use a backup card, or just deal with the risk...dont cry to us about ur borked card!****

SbrissenMod-Icon.jpg
Presents
Ultimate Gingerbang 0.2.1
A Community Rom​

***Welcome to Ultimate Gingerbang 0.1! This is an extension of the original froyo thread here and here.

*The op consists of several posts, in my attempt to better manage the rom going forward.

*So what is Com Rom/UGB then? Basically it was the next stage in adrynalyne's superclean roms which have been going since dl09 (and since dio1 through jt1134). Its a stripped down version of touchwiz (in this case EC09 gingerbread) with enhancements/mods/themes...basically more functionality.

Highlights: (as of 0.2.1)
*includes tsm parts: see sbrissen's thread for specific mods added
*gingerbread themed (frameworks, sys ui, settings, dialer, phone, music, browser, contacts, camera..more to come)
*deodexed
*rooted with super user
*busybox
*tweaked minifree settings
*advanced power options
*working ec09 browser downloads
*new market
*ads blocked by host file
*6th toggle added to status bar pulldown power controls (vibrate/sound)
*clean text on toggles (auto rotation to rotation, mobile data to data)
*launcher2
*appwidgetpicker (boombuler)
*pacman apk from cm included, on first market usage post wipe it will give you the option to select a few common apps rather than search the market for them
*latest gapps (including google +, and google car home instead of tw version)
*overscroll glow
*aosp weather/news, deskclock
*microbes lwp, and nexus lwp
*8 tab browser (i9000, from nameless)
*egl fix from nexus s (should fix blurry icons)
*market fingerprint for nexus s to fix apps not showing in market
*lots of tw/vzw removed (launcher, widgets, vzw apps, etc)
*crt screen off (must not turn animations all off in spare parts)
*system ui transparency enabled
*rfs kernel (optional): stable adb (wont show debugging/storage on boot with cord plugged in, but adb works), boot animation support

Credits:
sbrissen
adrynalyne
omj
andmer
bendbowden
navenendrob (is doing great work with ec09 and 2.3.3)
nitsuj17
cm for some aosp apps
boombuler for appwidgetpicker
nitr8 for nitrality apk (where download fix comes from)
egorzilla

Major Thanks To:
jt1134
chopperthedog
times_infinity (squash)
thatdudebutch
thefunkbot
dtatchd
nemesis2all
imnuts
dmitt25 for the tsm picture
dalev
all the testers
everyone in #teamsbrissenmod

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 4,543
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 4,287
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 3,968
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 3,925
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 3,868
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 3,809
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 3,902
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 3,800
Last edited:

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
***SDCARD Stuff***
(This is only my opinion and may or may not help those with issues)
-i recommend properly mounting and unmounting your sdcard with each use...meaning dont just yank out the usb cord or reboot (recovery or otherwise) with the card mounted as a usb devices. Doesn't hurt anything to do this and *might* help keep your card intact.
-if you card gets borked (you see the blank sdcard/format message in android), first try and format in cwr, rather than in android or on your computer...fixed my card up, ymmv

FAQ
(will be updated as questions/issues arise as well)

Q: Who/What is TSM/TeamSbrissenMod
A: Short version: a few of from xda/irc who work on projects together and generally just hang out in irc a lot
A: Longer version: we started it as a joke (see the early @teamsbrissenmod tweets for an idea), but then bendbowden started making vanilla aosp mods and releasing under the TSM banner. In the lull between ec10 for the mez and EC01/ED01 Adrynalyne asked if a few of us wanted to team up for the next version of whatever rom he did post-superclean and TSM went from there. Its named after sbrissen, because hes ridiculously smart and talented...and deserves all the kudos you can give him. :)

Q: I'm on RCxx from testing...should I bother upgrading to 0.1? I don't want to wipe again!
A: I would, tsm parts has been updated and several apks changed.

Q: Why is there no voodoo?
A: since there is no source for ec09, voodoo has to be hacked into the stock kernel...its not an easy process and has yet to be done, but navenendrob is working on it.

Q: I don't like how you themed (insert app) or why did you use (insert app) instead of (insert app)!!!!!! WHY DID YOU DO THIS?!?!?!
A: Frankly you can't please everyone. Many of the theming decisions or using aosp apps instead of samsung or vice versa just came down to what we (or in theme case me) felt worked best with the rom. I doubt more than a handful of people would run the EXACT same setup (down to each individual apk) if they were given the choice. We try and accomodate people through patches as best we can.

Q: I hate ec09!!! Please tell me you will continue to be working on froyo versions!
A: Umm...well sorry :eek: ...at this time we are only planning on TW Gingerbread releases going forward...yes eco9 is buggy, but at least imo still good enough to be on (sdcard and usb debugging issues are a pita, i admit)

Q: How can I fix the fc on calendar notifications?
A: Go into calendar--settings--select default ringtone...and pick something other than the default one

Known Issues
*if you boot with usb plugged in, adb works, but debugging/usb storage wont show as available, unplug and replug ur connector
*ec09 eats sdcards
*MIUI lockscreen when plugged in will tend to run your processor at or near maximum mhz. (seems to do this on most phones)..you may choose not to use it when plugged in
*calendar fc on google cal apt ringtone notification (doesnt happen to everyone, see faq for fix)
*manage applications fc in settings

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 3,367
Last edited:

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
changelog *updated 7.13.11

7.13.11 V0.2.1 (patch)
*changed updater-script to fix gps permissions (credit egorzilla, more on top of things than me :))
*replaced old market with new one (currently being pushed out, saves ya the wait)

7.12.11: V0.2 (patch)
*recent call log text (black on black) in dialer,
*some other black on black text
*browser first load header fix (it was white at first than flashes to grey, samsung added a new image, pita)
*themed email.apk (sorry for leaving it out in 1.0)
*browser downloads fixed (credit nitr8 and his nitrality app for apks and DaleV for the idea)
*crutch.apk added to support more types of file downloads

7.11.11: added patch for email (sorry for leaving it out)

7.10.11: added no kernel version of 0.1

7.9.11: V0.1: initial gb release
*gingerbread themed (frameworks, sys ui, settings, dialer, phone, market, music, browser, contacts, camera..more to come)
*deodexed
*rooted with super user
*busybox
*advanced power options
*launcher2
*pacman apk from cm included, on first market usage post wipe it will give you the option to select a few common apps rather than search the market for them
*overscroll glow
*rfs kernel (optional): stable adb (wont show debugging/storage on boot with cord plugged in, but adb works), boot animation support

Last edited:

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
Instructions

***again ec09 eats sdcards...use a backup card if you can!!!

Installing Com Rom

Method A (coming from voodoo froyo or eclair)
1. download rom with kernel (or have a gb kernel on sdcard to flash)
2. move to your sdcard
3. boot into cwr and disable voodoo (if using a cwr w/o voodoo controls, must create disable-lagfix file and reboot once before going to cwr)
4. reboot to allow conversion
5. boot back into cwr
6. wipe data/cache/davlik cache (if you dont, expect issues...and also dont bother bug reporting..we wont help you!)
7. select install from sdcard
8. select rom .zip
9. reboot
10. wait 5+ minutes for phone to boot up (it takes awhile)
11. profit (or not if it bootloops)
* odin the ec09 radio if you havent already

Method B (flashing over stock rfs gb leak)
1. download rom w/ kernel
2. move rom to sdcard
3. boot into cwr
4. wipe data/cache/davlik cache (if you dont, expect issues...and also dont bother bug reporting..we wont help you!)
5. select install from sdcard
6. select rom .zip
7. reboot
8. wait 5+ minutes for phone to boot up (it takes awhile)
9. profit (or not if it bootloops)

Method C (flashing over ext4 gb kernel)
1. download rom sans kernel
2. move rom to sdcard
3. boot into cwr
4. wipe data/cache/davlik cache (if you dont, expect issues...and also dont bother bug reporting..we wont help you!)
6. select rom .zip
7. reboot
* odin the ec09 radio is you haven't already

Also, great article on why wiping anything in cwr (data/cache/davlik) more than once is pointless: http://cvpcs.org/blog/2011-06-05/time_to_wipe_data/cache

(I would go further to say dont flash **** from people who tell you to wipe data 3X Times...but im a jerk)

***ADB!!!!

for those that don't have the Android SDK installed (or know what it is) Adrynalyne made an awesome tutorial <--- check it out!

For Reporting Issues:
(If you Do Not follow these instruction exactly, we will ignore your pleas for help!)

1) post your exact setup (version of com rom, kernel, voltage settings, any other mods you did flash)
2) did you wipe data/cache/davlik cache before flashing the rom
3) what rom/setup did you flash com rom over
4) what is your *specific* problem...not "omgz ma ****z be borked yo"...that helps no one and frankly is annoying to see...
5) ive said this 500 times already, but hey whats once more? POST AN ADB LOGCAT OF YOUR YOUR BOOTLOOP/FORCE CLOSE PROBLEMS/ETC...it aint hard

cd your adb folder

then

Code:
adb logcat > logcat.txt
-this creates a text file in your adb folder in the sdk (tools or platform-tools, w/e) post it in a pastebin and link the pastebin here or post it from dropbox or something

for the less sdk literate folks (and really im tempted to say if you dont have adb, dont flash stuff...but umm...i wont)

you can use terminal emulator on your phone to logcat (obviously not when booting to diagnose bootloops, but can help with force closes)

Code:
logcat > /sdcard/logfile.txt

-this creates a file on your sdcard...copy it to your computer and pastebin/dropbox it

Last edited:

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
Downloads:

Roms (full roms and patches):

UGB 0.2.1 (includes everything in 0.2, flash over 0.1): http://www.multiupload.com/IWI14XUXM3 *7.13.11
md5: 25F9283254D9E65E9D56FB846BCE46A6

UGB 0.2 (patch, must be flashed over 0.1): http://www.multiupload.com/2NRVF4S9PO *7.12.11
md5: 98F1C2ADA34853BDDE0851B0E6784A3F

UGB 0.1 (rfs): http://www.multiupload.com/YLO3JJNFBE *7.9.11
md5: e26201d983f0a42f219c9013f2aba3e6
UGB 0.1 (no kernel version): http://www.multiupload.com/KYUR8Y0GMK *7.10.11
md5: eff5961d4c48eb8387c40d5547331d0a
(you must use a tw gingerbread kernel with this rom)

Patches:

stock email apk: http://www.multiupload.com/MDN3ADR456

Last edited:

church101

Jan 12, 2011
lusby maryland
Wtf? You ok?
Edit*
Guess u are. Very cool you guys got this up and running!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Last edited:

GrainOsand

Jan 5, 2011
[/QUOTE]*So what is Com Rom/UGB then? Basically it was the next stage in adrynalyne's superclean roms which have been going since dl09 (and since dio1 through jt1134). Its a stripped down version of touchwiz (in this case EC09 froyo)[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmmm? ECO9 FROYO?

dr_w

Jun 16, 2007
California
What is this? Comrom 3.0? Is this based off of the gingerbread leak?

dr_w

Jun 16, 2007
California
I'd love to try this (running your 2.1 right now) but what's the point if its going to eat my sd card. Have you found a way around this?

skynet11

Oct 14, 2010
Yeah I posted before he explained it all. I'm good thanks.

Just noticed from GrainOsand's post that Nitsuj originally said "EC09 Froyo" in the op - my bad

Can't expect even Nitsuj to be typo-free so early on a Saturday morning ;)

Another Fascinating post by my XDA app...

skynet11

Oct 14, 2010
OK - I think we've covered this reading the op issue more than sufficiently...

Another Fascinating post by my XDA app...

Reactions: jbr05ki

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***Warning: EC09 is notorious for either wiping/corrupting/destroying sdcards...in testing comrom was doing this to some folks as well..use a backup card, or just deal with the risk...dont cry to us about ur borked card!****

SbrissenMod-Icon.jpg
    Presents
    Ultimate Gingerbang 0.2.1
    A Community Rom​

***Welcome to Ultimate Gingerbang 0.1! This is an extension of the original froyo thread here and here.

*The op consists of several posts, in my attempt to better manage the rom going forward.

*So what is Com Rom/UGB then? Basically it was the next stage in adrynalyne's superclean roms which have been going since dl09 (and since dio1 through jt1134). Its a stripped down version of touchwiz (in this case EC09 gingerbread) with enhancements/mods/themes...basically more functionality.

Highlights: (as of 0.2.1)
    *gingerbread themed (frameworks, sys ui, settings, dialer, phone, music, browser, contacts, camera..more to come)
    *deodexed
    *rooted with super user
    *busybox
    *advanced power options
    *working ec09 browser downloads
    *new market
    *launcher2
    *overscroll glow

Credits:
    sbrissen
    adrynalyne
    omj
    andmer
    bendbowden
    navenendrob (is doing great work with ec09 and 2.3.3)
    nitsuj17
    cm for some aosp apps
    boombuler for appwidgetpicker
    nitr8 for nitrality apk (where download fix comes from)
    egorzilla

Major Thanks To:
    jt1134
    chopperthedog
    times_infinity (squash)
    thatdudebutch
    thefunkbot
    dtatchd
    nemesis2all
    imnuts
    dmitt25 for the tsm picture
    dalev
    all the testers
    everyone in #teamsbrissenmod
    Downloads:

Roms (full roms and patches):

UGB 0.2.1 (includes everything in 0.2, flash over 0.1): http://www.multiupload.com/IWI14XUXM3 *7.13.11
    md5: 25F9283254D9E65E9D56FB846BCE46A6

UGB 0.2 (patch, must be flashed over 0.1): http://www.multiupload.com/2NRVF4S9PO *7.12.11
    md5: 98F1C2ADA34853BDDE0851B0E6784A3F

UGB 0.1 (rfs): http://www.multiupload.com/YLO3JJNFBE *7.9.11
    md5: e26201d983f0a42f219c9013f2aba3e6
    UGB 0.1 (no kernel version): http://www.multiupload.com/KYUR8Y0GMK *7.10.11
    md5: eff5961d4c48eb8387c40d5547331d0a
    (you must use a tw gingerbread kernel with this rom)

Patches:

stock email apk: http://www.multiupload.com/MDN3ADR456
    ***SDCARD Stuff***
    (This is only my opinion and may or may not help those with issues)
    -i recommend properly mounting and unmounting your sdcard with each use...meaning dont just yank out the usb cord or reboot (recovery or otherwise) with the card mounted as a usb devices. Doesn't hurt anything to do this and *might* help keep your card intact.
    -if you card gets borked (you see the blank sdcard/format message in android), first try and format in cwr, rather than in android or on your computer...fixed my card up, ymmv

FAQ
    (will be updated as questions/issues arise as well)

Q: Who/What is TSM/TeamSbrissenMod
    A: Short version: a few of from xda/irc who work on projects together and generally just hang out in irc a lot
    A: Longer version: we started it as a joke (see the early @teamsbrissenmod tweets for an idea), but then bendbowden started making vanilla aosp mods and releasing under the TSM banner. In the lull between ec10 for the mez and EC01/ED01 Adrynalyne asked if a few of us wanted to team up for the next version of whatever rom he did post-superclean and TSM went from there. Its named after sbrissen, because hes ridiculously smart and talented...and deserves all the kudos you can give him. :)

Q: I'm on RCxx from testing...should I bother upgrading to 0.1? I don't want to wipe again!
    A: I would, tsm parts has been updated and several apks changed.

Q: Why is there no voodoo?
    A: since there is no source for ec09, voodoo has to be hacked into the stock kernel...its not an easy process and has yet to be done, but navenendrob is working on it.

Q: I don't like how you themed (insert app) or why did you use (insert app) instead of (insert app)!!!!!! WHY DID YOU DO THIS?!?!?!
    A: Frankly you can't please everyone. Many of the theming decisions or using aosp apps instead of samsung or vice versa just came down to what we (or in theme case me) felt worked best with the rom. I doubt more than a handful of people would run the EXACT same setup (down to each individual apk) if they were given the choice. We try and accomodate people through patches as best we can.

Q: I hate ec09!!! Please tell me you will continue to be working on froyo versions!
    A: Umm...well sorry :eek: ...at this time we are only planning on TW Gingerbread releases going forward...yes eco9 is buggy, but at least imo still good enough to be on (sdcard and usb debugging issues are a pita, i admit)

Q: How can I fix the fc on calendar notifications?
    A: Go into calendar--settings--select default ringtone...and pick something other than the default one

Known Issues
    *if you boot with usb plugged in, adb works, but debugging/usb storage wont show as available, unplug and replug ur connector
    *ec09 eats sdcards
    *MIUI lockscreen when plugged in will tend to run your processor at or near maximum mhz. (seems to do this on most phones)..you may choose not to use it when plugged in
    *calendar fc on google cal apt ringtone notification (doesnt happen to everyone, see faq for fix)
    *manage applications fc in settings
    changelog *updated 7.13.11

7.13.11 V0.2.1 (patch)
    *changed updater-script to fix gps permissions (credit egorzilla, more on top of things than me :))
    *replaced old market with new one (currently being pushed out, saves ya the wait)

7.12.11: V0.2 (patch)
    *recent call log text (black on black) in dialer,
    *some other black on black text
    *browser first load header fix (it was white at first than flashes to grey, samsung added a new image, pita)
    *themed email.apk (sorry for leaving it out in 1.0)
    *browser downloads fixed (credit nitr8 and his nitrality app for apks and DaleV for the idea)
    *crutch.apk added to support more types of file downloads

7.11.11: added patch for email (sorry for leaving it out)

7.10.11: added no kernel version of 0.1

7.9.11: V0.1: initial gb release
    *gingerbread themed (frameworks, sys ui, settings, dialer, phone, market, music, browser, contacts, camera..more to come)
    *deodexed
    *rooted with super user
    *busybox
    *advanced power options
    *launcher2
    *overscroll glow
    Instructions

***again ec09 eats sdcards...use a backup card if you can!!!

Installing Com Rom

Method A (coming from voodoo froyo or eclair)
    1. download rom with kernel (or have a gb kernel on sdcard to flash)
    2. move to your sdcard
    3. boot into cwr and disable voodoo (if using a cwr w/o voodoo controls, must create disable-lagfix file and reboot once before going to cwr)
    4. reboot to allow conversion
    5. boot back into cwr
    6. wipe data/cache/davlik cache (if you dont, expect issues...and also dont bother bug reporting..we wont help you!)
    7. select install from sdcard
    8. select rom .zip
    9. reboot
    10. wait 5+ minutes for phone to boot up (it takes awhile)
    11. profit (or not if it bootloops)
    * odin the ec09 radio if you havent already

Method B (flashing over stock rfs gb leak)
    1. download rom w/ kernel
    2. move rom to sdcard
    3. boot into cwr
    6. select rom .zip
    7. reboot

Method C (flashing over ext4 gb kernel)
    1. download rom sans kernel
    2. move rom to sdcard
    3. boot into cwr
    6. select rom .zip
    7. reboot
    * odin the ec09 radio is you haven't already

Also, great article on why wiping anything in cwr (data/cache/davlik) more than once is pointless: http://cvpcs.org/blog/2011-06-05/time_to_wipe_data/cache

(I would go further to say dont flash **** from people who tell you to wipe data 3X Times...but im a jerk)

***ADB!!!!

for those that don't have the Android SDK installed (or know what it is) Adrynalyne made an awesome tutorial <--- check it out!

For Reporting Issues:
    (If you Do Not follow these instruction exactly, we will ignore your pleas for help!)

1) post your exact setup (version of com rom, kernel, voltage settings, any other mods you did flash)
    2) did you wipe data/cache/davlik cache before flashing the rom
    3) what rom/setup did you flash com rom over
    4) what is your *specific* problem...not "omgz ma ****z be borked yo"...that helps no one and frankly is annoying to see...
    5) ive said this 500 times already, but hey whats once more? POST AN ADB LOGCAT OF YOUR YOUR BOOTLOOP/FORCE CLOSE PROBLEMS/ETC...it aint hard

cd your adb folder

then

Code:
    adb logcat > logcat.txt
    -this creates a text file in your adb folder in the sdk (tools or platform-tools, w/e) post it in a pastebin and link the pastebin here or post it from dropbox or something

for the less sdk literate folks (and really im tempted to say if you dont have adb, dont flash stuff...but umm...i wont)

you can use terminal emulator on your phone to logcat (obviously not when booting to diagnose bootloops, but can help with force closes)

Code:
    logcat > /sdcard/logfile.txt

-this creates a file on your sdcard...copy it to your computer and pastebin/dropbox it