[ROM][ODIN][RFS] EF02Plus

Search This thread

chris41g

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2009
hey chris had another efo2 rom on my phone went back to ec05.
so i want to try yours but can i restore data from the old efo2 (using cmw3.1purple)i had before so i dont have to setup all my apps and accounts without having any issues?

I don't recommend restoring data, but try it and if it works without crashes then cool... if you get crashes or other weird behavior its probably the data restore

murso74

Oct 30, 2010
how stable is this? as far as GPS working and such.... i really wanted the froyo plus rom but if this can be a daily driver i may use it

chris41g

Sep 10, 2009
Its been mentioned tons of times in this thread, but on the first boot, it moves dalvik-cache to /cache/dalvik-cache and rebuilds it. Takes longer for some than others...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

htc_joe

Jul 3, 2011
under task manager ram clear were is the option for level 1 and level 2 to clear ram
Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

chris41g

Sep 10, 2009
Removed in gingerbread
Level 2 was dangerous and therefore for the most part useless

chris41g

Sep 10, 2009
it stopped crucial system services, such as text messaging.. causing the infinite sending syndrome...

it would also stop the phone function, reseting the modem.... basically it would make the phone run slower because it restarted all those services that are level 2 anyway...

su8z3ro

Aug 10, 2008
This rom is wicked fast (1368 on quadrant for what it is worth...) And it is very stable so far... (only been running about 6 hours...) Hopefully it will maintain its stability in the time to come... Very nice work... Now if we could only get tvout and fm radio(pipe dream...lol)....

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

robl45

Jun 27, 2010
does this have the new gtalk with voice or can it use it? that would be my main reason to upgrade. also is battery life good? not talking about on wifi (thats always good).

chris41g

Sep 10, 2009
honestly i dont remember if its in this version or not, but i know it works.. its included in the update ill be releasing any day now

vita10gy

May 20, 2010
Anyone else install launcher pro? If so, anyone else having it "rebuild" the app drawer all the time? It used to only happen the first time on loading up, presumably caching the apps it found, and then not again. Now it's like it does the app scan/drawer rebuilt almost every time.

It happened occasionally on other roms, but now it happens constantly (I'm not sure it ever doesn't happen.)

It also seems to do a similar thing with the home screen, though not nearly as noticable.

Anyone have any ideas? Am I alone on this?

Edit: And just to add for people on the fence, these threads are ALWAYS going to be filled with problems. Many, like this, are probably something we/I did, or didn't do. Don't let them turn you off, this is an excellent rom, and I can't wait for the update chris hinted at.

Last edited:

murso74

Oct 30, 2010
still waiting to hear if there are any major bugs or loss of functionality aka GPS borked, etc

professoroak

Jan 19, 2011
SJ to Boston
W
Anyone else install launcher pro? If so, anyone else having it "rebuild" the app drawer all the time? It used to only happen the first time on loading up, presumably caching the apps it found, and then not again. Now it's like it does the app scan/drawer rebuilt almost every time.

It happened occasionally on other roms, but now it happens constantly (I'm not sure it ever doesn't happen.)

It also seems to do a similar thing with the home screen, though not nearly as noticable.

Anyone have any ideas? Am I alone on this?

Edit: And just to add for people on the fence, these threads are ALWAYS going to be filled with problems. Many, like this, are probably something we/I did, or didn't do. Don't let them turn you off, this is an excellent rom, and I can't wait for the update chris hinted at.

This sorta happens for me on Go Launcher. I set the app to "system persistent" but it always seems to have to rebuild everything when I hit the home button as well as going into the app drawer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    During my delay on EC05Plus 2.0.. I thought I'd give you something to play with..

EF02Plus. Based on Decad3nce's Deodexed Stock Rom..
    As with all my projects.. smooth, stable and snappy is the goal...

First boot takes a while... it may seem like there is an error.. there isnt..

Version 1.0
    • EF02Plus Kernel
      • SU, BusyBox, Superusr.apk Built-in
      • Minfree RAMBooster Custom Values
      • Kernel, Dalvik, VM Tweaks
      • Proxies Removed
      • Removed some sort of new encryption.. I hope its for the better lol
      • Init.d Support
      • Malware Patch
    • New Modified Browser Unlimited Tabs and Set User Agent
    • Crutchlite
    • Modified libsqlite.so no sync
    • Samsung Market Included
    • Spare Parts Included
    • Sony Font
    • Dalvik to Cache
    • Zipalign on boot
    • Some bloat Removed
    • CWM 3.1.0.1 by DRockstar and Koush

For now, this is ODIN only, RFS only...

http://chris41g.devphone.org/EF02Plus.tar
    I'm gonna get to work on it asap... just configuring a new linux box I got, so that should help speed things up... I'm not deving on a virtual machine anymore..

Could you post the zip please?

Or could i just push the fonts from the Stock rom to the system? Would that work?

Here's the zip. It's not my work, but I can't give credit because I have no idea where I got it from. It's just something I hold on to.
    hey Chris41g are you still gonna update this? or just wait til next leak/release?

Ill update it still.. I have a power menu mod, overscroll, and crt animations I made for this, was toying with a new launcher, ext4 and I need to get a working redirector, or integrate cwm into the kernel.. if possible at this point...

This ROM is great, had some issues with apps not wanting to install but clearing cache and Dalivek(sp?) cache fixed that.

One problem I am having that I can't figure out is this ROM's (stock EF02 does it too) hatred towards twitter.

Tweetdeck crashes before launching
    Twidroyd crashes before launching
    Tweetcaster forgets my account whenever it restarts.

Any ideas?

have you tried flashing the ACS fix posted (http://db.tt/8PUutZv) this actually help me get running weather bug and a few other apps as well.

Give it a try.