Droid 3 is out - How about a forum for it.

Search This thread

Immolate

Apr 30, 2011
Daytona
Two things I noticed about the pentile screen after I finally stopped staring at it to see if the pentile matrix bugged me (it doesn't):

1) This screen is very viewable outside, which my Thunderbolt was not.
2) The screen uses less power than any screen I've ever heard of. Typically 2-5% throughout a normal work day with a few calls, some texts and messages.

It still feels small to me after two 4.3's. But the keyboard... it must have been designed by a concert pianist with a Master's Degree in Hell Yeah! It's a pretty good keyboard.

Last edited:

psouza4

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 26, 2009
Meridian, ID
www.PeterSouza.com
Two things I noticed about the pentile screen after I finally stopped staring at it to see if the pentile matrix bugged me (it doesn't):

1) This screen is very viewable outside, which my Thunderbolt was not.
2) The screen uses less power than any screen I've ever heard of. Typically 2-5% throughout a normal work day with a few calls, some texts and messages.

It still feels small to me after two 4.3's. But the keyboard... it must have been designed by a concern pianist with a Master's Degree in Hell Yeah! It's a pretty good keyboard.
Agree on all points.

Den4

Jul 14, 2011
Hi guys :) does original firmware contain russian interface in settings, or it is wiped?

TheMuffStuff

Dec 30, 2010
South Florida
twitter.com
Even if you dont want a keyboard, how is this not glamorous? Its better than the thunderbolt, charge, x2, incredible 2. This is definitely the best vzw phone out right now untill the bionic and or sgs2 comes out.

JKingDev

Nov 3, 2006
Even if you dont want a keyboard, how is this not glamorous? Its better than the thunderbolt, charge, x2, incredible 2. This is definitely the best vzw phone out right now untill the bionic and or sgs2 comes out.
Many think that if a phone does not have a massive screen or if it has a keyboard it is not high end. Not everyone needs a massive 4.3 inch screen though. I prefer something with a keyboard that fits in my pocket. Even the 4 inch screen on the D3 is pushing it. 3.7 is just right to me. I have good eyes though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will be surprised if the Droid 3 is popular enough to warrant it's own sub-forum.

It has a locked bootloader and there are much more glamourous options available.