[Q] Error 1012 no matter what Sprint or I do

Search This thread

Joey SR

Aug 2, 2010
For the past week and 1/2 i get error 1012 if i do a profile or prl update. I play with my radios in different area to test. So i always follow up with a profile update. So then i have to call sprint, have them refresh my phone and then it works for a short period of time. If i do a profile restore it never activates and have to call sprint.

Running synergy rc1 hw 0002

Lastest radios were flashed in fastboot and have worked before.

When i called sprint they gave me a credit if i was to go to the store and it be free of charge and id get a new phone. But i dont want to end up with 2.3 and loose root.

Also she said it no longer matter if your phone is rooted. You can bring it for service.

Sent from my hTc Evo!

jjshleprock

Aug 11, 2010
Salisbury, NC
For the past week and 1/2 i get error 1012 if i do a profile or prl update. I play with my radios in different area to test. So i always follow up with a profile update. So then i have to call sprint, have them refresh my phone and then it works for a short period of time. If i do a profile restore it never activates and have to call sprint.

Running synergy rc1 hw 0002

Lastest radios were flashed in fastboot and have worked before.

When i called sprint they gave me a credit if i was to go to the store and it be free of charge and id get a new phone. But i dont want to end up with 2.3 and loose root.

Also she said it no longer matter if your phone is rooted. You can bring it for service.

Sent from my hTc Evo!

The being rooted and not matter I can say is true.
Sorry I can't help with the rest.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

eggsack

Jul 6, 2011
I am having this issue as well, I posted in the forum in that link.

This is odd. We can make calls on the phone, internet, text, can not update PRL, profile and it will not receive picture texts. I messed up and DID NOT make a backup of the stock ROM, as I put a new 16g SD card in it. So I dont know if I can go back to the Stock rom or not and try it all again.
I really dont want to go to Sprint and then be given a new 2.3.3 phone.

Thanks to all that have any ideas.

I have another EVO and did the same thing to it, and it works perfectly.

rugedraw

Jun 25, 2010
Miami, FL
I had this problem, too. The only thing that fixed it for me was a full wipe using ##786#. You will need the MSL code to do this. If you don't have it and you are rooted, you can get MSL reader from the market. If you are not rooted, then you need to call Sprint and sweet talk them into giving it to you. Back up all your apps/user date with Titanium (or whatever you use) before attempting this because it WILL wipe everything from your phone.

Joey SR

Aug 2, 2010
i use amon recovery. wiped my whole phone and reinstalled the rom, even flashed others with no go. Downgraded radio = nothing, upgraded again = nothing

TANGO*BLAST

Jun 15, 2011
I have had lots of problems getting my Data to work on my EVO running on the Boost Mobile Network(A.K.A. Sprint). Still continue not to have Data on it. I assumed it was PRL Version, but was incorrect. Well, I would get the same Error Code. I managed to update PRL manually using the link below.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=898628

Still NO DATA on my HTC EVO 4G!
Still get calls & text messages, but no internet!

evo_guy

Aug 12, 2010
I got a refurb phone a couple days ago, and they were having provisioning problems then when trying to update it at store. Perhaps it's still occurring?

Joey SR

Aug 2, 2010
UPDATE:

I took it to the store yesterday. When I went to go pick it up i noticed a scuff mark on the bottom left along with the screen lifting. Went back today to get my refurb only for this one have the whole bottom lift and fiber in the rear camera and the lense. Back to the store I go and hopefully I get a new one.

Joey SR

Aug 2, 2010
UPDATE: given another refurb. This one is perfect, no issues. no more errors. also its hardware version 0002. Weird. The other was 0004. So about $37 at the store. when i called sprint I received a $50 credit along with the $37 I spent on the phone. New phone plus credit = a happy customer.

amandatkd

Jan 28, 2014
1012 error

I had this problem, too. The only thing that fixed it for me was a full wipe using ##786#. You will need the MSL code to do this. If you don't have it and you are rooted, you can get MSL reader from the market. If you are not rooted, then you need to call Sprint and sweet talk them into giving it to you. Back up all your apps/user date with Titanium (or whatever you use) before attempting this because it WILL wipe everything from your phone.
I have been working on my HTC EVO phone for several days trying to get my number transferred and the phone activated. I have done a factory reset called customer service, tried rooting it, everything. I got the MSL code from the previous service providers, luckily, and reset the meid imsi and everything. Finally I came across this post and it was a life saver. You providing the ##786# was what i needed to totally clear everything. It is finally activated. Thank you so much it worked!!

Sandianda

Jul 25, 2017
The being rooted and not matter I can say is true.
Sorry I can't help with the rest.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Mám problém s "Neplatná karta SIM " píše mi to služby 4G nejsou k dispozici protože SIM/UICC je neplatné.Kontaktujte služby zákazníkům.

Nerozumím tomu :( porad Tě mi,prosím.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.