[BOOTANIMATION][14.05.2011] TechBoot v1.0 | Simple and Clean!

Search This thread
Simple and Clean Technical Bootanimation

I was getting sick and tired of the default "S", so I created a new bootanimation with a clean and simple concept while still stylish and technical. I call it "TechBoot" and I wanted to share it with the community.

Information about the animation:

I used several different programs to create the animation. For graphics and mock-ups the program used was Adobe Photoshop. For motion and effects I used Adobe After Effects. These programs made it easy to compose a High Quality animation. The bootanimations are in a zip archive format and are compatible with any kernel that supports "bootanimation.zip".

*Feedback is much appreciated and suggestions to future releases will be met by gratitude.

Changelog:
Version 1.0 | [14.05.2011]
  • Initial Release
  • Two variations
  • Three resolutions for the first variation
  • Only "bootanimation.zip" supplied

Installation:

I take no responsibility for anything that you do to your phone!

Method 1: (Recommended)

1. Download any "bootanimation.zip"
  2. Move zip to sdcard
  3. Enter any rooted file manager (ex. Root Explorer)
  4. Navigate either to "/system/media", "/data/local" or kernel specific bootanimation location
  5. Backup any previous "bootanimation.zip"
  6. Navigate to downloaded "bootanimation.zip"
  7. Copy to either "/system/media", "/data/local" or kernel specific bootanimation location (might need to be remounted RW)

Donate:

Like my work? You can donate here: Donate

Screenshots:

Variation One

tech_boot.gif

Variation Two

tech_boot_simple.gif

Attachments

• bootanimation_hq_v1.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 3,426
  • bootanimation_mq_v1.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 749
  • bootanimation_lq_v1.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 543
  • bootanimation_v2.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,602
Last edited:

Goldie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2010
Nice work. Where did you get the android font please? :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

frozenhill

Dec 24, 2010
hi dear , i have galaxy s i9000 runing 2.3.4 gingerbread
i want to ask about boot animation , i know how to make the zip file which contain part0 file and part1 file and desc.txt , i want to know how to create the images which was in both files (1&0) , is there is soft ware to do that or its video converted to images then added to part0 and part1 files ( i mean the series of images and the animation on it how we wil do it ) please help me and tell me the secret , i searched on net the olny i found how to do the zip file which i know it , no body explane how to fabricates the images it self,
thanks in advanced

Goldie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2010
They ate just PNG images. Either convert video into frames or create your own animation. After effects is good.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

KUN1

Account currently disabled
Sep 29, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Is it possible that it don't work on my i9000 with Speedmod Kernel and Root?
I've copyied the bootanimation.zip one time in /data/local and once in /system/media.

KUN1

NeoNikon

May 10, 2012
Can't see the screenshots , can you upload them again ^_^ they seem to be corrupted..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple and Clean Technical Bootanimation

I was getting sick and tired of the default "S", so I created a new bootanimation with a clean and simple concept while still stylish and technical. I call it "TechBoot" and I wanted to share it with the community.

Information about the animation:

I used several different programs to create the animation. For graphics and mock-ups the program used was Adobe Photoshop. For motion and effects I used Adobe After Effects. These programs made it easy to compose a High Quality animation. The bootanimations are in a zip archive format and are compatible with any kernel that supports "bootanimation.zip".

*Feedback is much appreciated and suggestions to future releases will be met by gratitude.

Changelog:
    Version 1.0 | [14.05.2011]
    • Initial Release
    • Two variations
    • Three resolutions for the first variation
    • Only "bootanimation.zip" supplied

Installation:

I take no responsibility for anything that you do to your phone!

Method 1: (Recommended)

1. Download any "bootanimation.zip"
    2. Move zip to sdcard
    3. Enter any rooted file manager (ex. Root Explorer)
    4. Navigate either to "/system/media", "/data/local" or kernel specific bootanimation location
    5. Backup any previous "bootanimation.zip"
    6. Navigate to downloaded "bootanimation.zip"
    7. Copy to either "/system/media", "/data/local" or kernel specific bootanimation location (might need to be remounted RW)

Donate:

Like my work? You can donate here: Donate

Screenshots:

Variation One

tech_boot.gif

Variation Two

tech_boot_simple.gif