FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[App] OpenMobileMaps v1.6 !!! 2013/11/01 NEW RELEASE !!!

281 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By Cipher, Inactive Recognized Developer on 10th December 2009, 09:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th March 2011, 05:50 PM |#491  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomy141

- How ca I use my nmap files I already have on the HD2?

nmap files are a proprietary file format designed by the developer of NaviMapper. There is currently no possibility to use them with OpenMobileMaps.
For future versions I am planning to introduce a similar file format to be able to store all those single tiles in just one file.

Quote:

- How did you enter kurfürstendamm so fast on your latest video?
- which keyboard do you use?

For this I used Swype for HD2. It's just a version that is floating around on the internet.

Quote:

- If OMM runs and the device goes to screensave mode the slider to awaken
is difficult to use (I have to wait long)

It's strange that your device goes to screensave mode anyways while OMM runs. OMM should normally block this except when it's minimized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jonny-

This is a great app, thanks Cipher. When I use the search, there are multiple entries which have the same text. Is it possible to add county or postcode to be able to distinguish which place is which?

I've seen this problem for myself already. Thank you for the hint. I will try to improve this in the next release.

16th June 2011, 10:14 PM |#492  
Flag Crawley (Gatwick, London)
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Hi Cipher, Hope your honeymoon has gone well ... I have been a great fan of this app, mainly due to it's online/offline integration.

<snip>

sorry, you've already answered about GPX here
5th July 2011, 10:15 PM |#493  

More
I'm having problems using open cycle maps - anyone else? I'm ok with mapnik and many other, but ocm isn't downloading any tiles. In wondering if they've blocked me or this app from downloading.
6th July 2011, 12:36 PM |#494  
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
regarding open cycle map: i'll have a look into it during the weekend...
15th July 2011, 07:11 PM |#495  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 18

More
What Features Does a Donation Provide?
I downloaded your program and some maps (OSM Mapnik) of where I live. I've gone through all 50 pages of posts. I understand about the need for funds for the servers. And I saw your post about staying off line to avoid the nag screen. But just what features do I get with a donation that I don't get without the donation?

Also, are there data sources that provide aerial photos that work with your program?

I will continue to work with it, because I want a good map program for when I travel.

Thanks
16th July 2011, 04:41 PM |#496  
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucegil

I downloaded your program and some maps (OSM Mapnik) of where I live. I've gone through all 50 pages of posts. I understand about the need for funds for the servers. And I saw your post about staying off line to avoid the nag screen. But just what features do I get with a donation that I don't get without the donation?

You will be able to save bookmarks and sync them with the server - so they won't get lost if you reset your phone.
You will also be able to download different language files. And the nag screen will never ever appear again.

Quote:

Also, are there data sources that provide aerial photos that work with your program?

I will continue to work with it, because I want a good map program for when I travel.

Thanks

There is a maps.xml which has Google, Bing and Yahoo as additional data sources including satellite images.
16th July 2011, 05:55 PM |#497  
Flag Birmingham

More
I found a post that had an expanded maps.xml file. I will try that.

I enabled the GPS in your program. It locked in fairly quickly. However, when I started driving in my car. The GPS direction arrow disappeared and my original location still showed on the screen. I finally figured out that the maps did not scroll as the direction arrow moved. Zooming out I found the direction arrow showing where I was, but again, as soon as the arrow got to the edge, it disappeared off the map.

So, unless there is some setting I have not found to enable scrolling, your program cannot be used for vehicle navigation. If I enter a start point and and an end point, and follow that, will the map scroll?
16th July 2011, 07:59 PM |#498  

More
If you click on the red pin (bottom right of screen) this will centre the map on the GPS position. When you drive/move, the arrow/GPS position will stay central whilst the map moves. If you scroll the map this functionality will be lost and the behaviour will become as you have found. So just tap the red pin icon again.
The Following User Says Thank You to -Jonny- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -Jonny- Ad-Free
16th July 2011, 10:14 PM |#499  
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jonny-

If you click on the red pin (bottom right of screen) this will centre the map on the GPS position. When you drive/move, the arrow/GPS position will stay central whilst the map moves. If you scroll the map this functionality will be lost and the behaviour will become as you have found. So just tap the red pin icon again.

couldn't explain it better.
Thank you, Jonny!

In my dev blog you will find a feature documentation for OMM. Maybe, this will help you further with what OMM is capable of.. -> http://ommdev.tumblr.com/page/2
18th July 2011, 03:18 PM |#500  
Flag Birmingham

More
Thanks for the explanation from Jonny and for the documentation page. However, something has gone wrong. I replaced the default maps.xml file with the one I found in one of the postings in the thread. When I tried to start the program this morning, the splash screen displayed and remained on the screen. When I tapped the screen, the program closed. So, I removed the program and re-installed it from the CAB file. Same thing - splash screen and shutdown. What do I need to do to get the program running again? Thanks
18th July 2011, 03:22 PM |#501  
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for the explanation from Jonny and for the documentation page. However, something has gone wrong. I replaced the default maps.xml file with the one I found in one of the postings in the thread. When I tried to start the program this morning, the splash screen displayed and remained on the screen. When I tapped the screen, the program closed. So, I removed the program and re-installed it from the CAB file. Same thing - splash screen and shutdown. What do I need to do to get the program running again? Thanks

There is a OpenMobileMaps folder under /Application Data/ on your device. Could you zip it and send it to me?
After that (as a quick fix) you can just delete the whole folder and start OMM again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
osm

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)