Flag Alsager
Thanks Meter: 131

More
Arc auto downclocks too...

18th June 2011, 10:30 PM |#72  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,079

More
Yeah, I'm fully aware the Arc down-clocks too, all modern CPUs do if properly controlled.

I was merely highlighting that Samsung's power management has been mentioned as being particularly good on the Galaxy S2.
18th June 2011, 10:51 PM |#73  
Thanks Meter: 136

Donate to Me
More
I believe that Sony makes one of the best devices they just need to be up on processor,feel of phone b/c they do look nice,and release in US b/c Sony does have everything else just like good camera,screen,latest android versions,and etc and they to release on T-Mobile and sprint

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
23rd June 2011, 12:31 AM |#74  
Flag Medan
Thanks Meter: 6

More
absolutely arc
17th July 2011, 12:10 AM |#75  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I am using a rooted Neo which has identical hardware specs to the Arc, difference being it has a front facing camera which is why i chose it over the Arc. My second phone is a non rooted S2.

Appearances and Price aside...

Xperia for the camera. Low light performance is amazing! Daylight photos are very similar between the two.

S2 Video camera is apples to oranges...1080p vs 720p.

S2 for lack of bloatware, phone is not rooted cos it came without any garbage apps on the phone.

S2 For larger memory.

S2 is noticably faster with almost everything, with minimal lag, Browsing is also faster after performing some basic tests at home.

S2 for media it plays everything right off the bat. I throw 1080p mkv files and they play without a hiccup.

S2 Much brighter screen.

S2 has more supported titles for Gameloft Games (only ones i play)

S2 for homescreen i can delete the ones i don't want instead of having empty panes.

Kind of one sided, but to compare it to a phone that costs almost double it should be expected...keep in mind i am very new to Android, the only reason i got the G2 was because the internet keeps dropping with the Neo whenever i use WPA2 wifi. Just my observations. If anyone wants camera samples i could upload a couple, the night time difference is pretty drastic. If there are any further questions i'd be glad to answer.
17th July 2011, 08:19 AM |#76  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pygo

I am using a rooted Neo which has identical hardware specs to the Arc, difference being it has a front facing camera which is why i chose it over the Arc. My second phone is a non rooted S2.

Appearances and Price aside...

Xperia for the camera. Low light performance is amazing! Daylight photos are very similar between the two.

S2 Video camera is apples to oranges...1080p vs 720p.

S2 for lack of bloatware, phone is not rooted cos it came without any garbage apps on the phone.

S2 For larger memory.

S2 is noticably faster with almost everything, with minimal lag, Browsing is also faster after performing some basic tests at home.

S2 for media it plays everything right off the bat. I throw 1080p mkv files and they play without a hiccup.

S2 Much brighter screen.

S2 has more supported titles for Gameloft Games (only ones i play)

S2 for homescreen i can delete the ones i don't want instead of having empty panes.

Kind of one sided, but to compare it to a phone that costs almost double it should be expected...keep in mind i am very new to Android, the only reason i got the G2 was because the internet keeps dropping with the Neo whenever i use WPA2 wifi. Just my observations. If anyone wants camera samples i could upload a couple, the night time difference is pretty drastic. If there are any further questions i'd be glad to answer.

your going to get a reply saying that the arc is sexy , that was my mistake I went for looks instead of power, and I went from a gs1 to the arc and will go to gs2 or sensation or give the iphone 5 a shot if they make a bigger screen
Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App
17th July 2011, 09:08 AM |#77  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
It's not really dual core.. ever will be single core with a virtual two core so can assign threads over two cores, but actually vs a single core on a mobile scale doesn't are different.

A good point of Dual Core (on Tegra 2 devices) is the GPU for gamming, personally i don't like the gamming on my mobile, not so advanced like Gameloft's Games because they sucks my battery
17th July 2011, 10:38 AM |#78  
Flag Bath
Thanks Meter: 137

More
I tried both, I kept the Arc.

S2 Video camera sucks. 1080p means nothing when the quality is that poor.

S2 is FULL of crappy modifications and bloatware. The hubs are terrible, at least the Arc modifications are relatively minor compared.

S2 does have more memory, I'll give it that.

S2 is marginally faster with some things. I don't know what I'm doing but I very VERY rarely get any lag on my Arc. The S2, surprisingly, lagged just as much from time to time.

S2 for media it plays everything I need, as does the Arc.

S2 screen has higher contrast, but Arc has much more natural colours, and in terms of brightness there's not a lot in it, and nobody actually needs either at full brightness anyway.

S2 has more supported titles for Gameloft Games, but that doesn't bother me personally.

S2 for homescreen and lockscreen has many modifications I personally think are awful.

Don't get me wrong, the S2 is a magnificent piece of electronic engineering, but that's all it is, electronic engineering. Samsung have put a lot of new technology in one device. This causes a lot of issues in itself like abysmal battery life and due to it's thinness, pretty poor build. I also hate the capacitive buttons.

SO on paper, yes, of course the S2 is a better phone.... but I just don't love it the same way I love the Arc. It's older technology, refined to practical perfection.

Way I see it, people should try both. If you prefer the S2, get that, if, like me, you prefer the Arc, get the Arc. Both are great phones. But saying one is intrinsically the one people MUST get is stupid.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jtc42 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jtc42 Ad-Free
17th July 2011, 11:55 AM |#79  
Flag Bytom, Poland
Thanks Meter: 426

More
ALL the comparative videos show SGS II beeing marginally faster in some cases and SLOWER in other.
18th July 2011, 12:23 PM |#80  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I very much liked the look & feel of SGS I, but after having seen SGS II... no thanks. It's just too big for my taste. I'm already a bit said having bought the Arc with the Xperia Ray announced, so SGS II is not quite the choice for my girly hands.
18th July 2011, 11:47 PM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doministry

ALL the comparative videos show SGS II beeing marginally faster in some cases and SLOWER in other.

What cases is it slower?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)