What's the best sms app?

Search This thread

DarkkEnergy

Oct 17, 2010
I'm literally looking for an sms app that looks like the iphone sms. Which is the best free and paid apps?

Spz0

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 23, 2010
agreed. Handcent is what u'd be after if ur looking for an iphone-ish sms app.

That being said, it still doesnt hold a candle to the responsiveness of the stock sms app, even with the overclock.
I do however love the bells and whistles of handcent (mainly the popup box on incoming sms msgs.).

tlc08071

Feb 18, 2011
Paulsboro
agreed. Handcent is what u'd be after if ur looking for an iphone-ish sms app.

That being said, it still doesnt hold a candle to the responsiveness of the stock sms app, even with the overclock.
I do however love the bells and whistles of handcent (mainly the popup box on incoming sms msgs.).

I totally agree with you Spz0, I've been using Handcent sms now since 2 days after i got my phone, the only other app I had used was GoSms which has alot of the same features as handcent, but I stuck the handcent just the same. I do have some issues sometimes though, like after deleting a message I'll end up receiving it again. I've been trying to figure that one out since day 1. However, I love that app either way.

pyraxiate

Jun 24, 2007
Baltimore
I totally agree with you Spz0, I've been using Handcent sms now since 2 days after i got my phone, the only other app I had used was GoSms which has alot of the same features as handcent, but I stuck the handcent just the same. I do have some issues sometimes though, like after deleting a message I'll end up receiving it again. I've been trying to figure that one out since day 1. However, I love that app either way.

Ive pretty much resorted to "Go" for everything but launcher. Go SMS, Go contacts, Go dialer. My opinion is that its smooth, functional, and has tons of features :) ( Easier contact search options for dialing ect )

DarkkEnergy

Oct 17, 2010
Tried handcent sms and I didn't like the responsiveness. I just decided to stick with the stock sms app as it is more responsive.