Dell firmware fix news update

Search This thread

frazell

Sep 18, 2006
can't find anything either. :'(
guess it won't be today... sigh and then I read the stories that they already ship it with the new version and some guy went to dell customer support and got it upgraded !!! I want it too!
sigh I want to sync over wifi ! dun care if it drains batteries ! :p

well have to patient, I manage to live without anyway....

if I only I didn't read that twitterpost fomr lionelatdell it wouldn't have made me waiting so eagerly past 2-3 weeks.

Take a deep breathe and relax...

If we know anything about Windows Phone updates (which we all should by now) then we know how we can expect this to roll out.

Microsoft makes all of their updates start rolling out on Tuesdays. So if the twitter post was accurate the update will start rolling out today. Does that mean we will all get the notice at the same time? No, Microsoft loves to do staggered roll outs so we will see them trickle in.

Also, Microsoft is on the West Coast so their time is decently behind the East Coast. Meaning they just crossed noon which is pretty early still.

So long story short, we will have to wait until tomorrow to know what the deal is for certain (meaning no one has gotten an update notification and we are on Wednesday it is probably safe to say it is coming this week). We can't jump on the update not coming mid-way through Tuesday :p

theusername

Jan 12, 2009
Salt Lake City
Well they originally picked the 7/15 (a Friday, not tuseday) for the update but postpowned until the week of the 18th. There is nothing to say that the update will be out today. Plus Dell said they would blog about it before the update was to roll out. So I think its safe to say its not coming out today. Plus its 12:35 pm, so people would have started to recv the update by now, and there is nothing. Just give them this week and Im sure they will come through.

Thats 12:35PM For Washington State, Microsofts home

Last edited:

missionsparta

Mar 26, 2011
Well they originally picked the 7/15 (a Friday, not tuseday) for the update but postpowned until the week of the 18th. There is nothing to say that the update will be out today. Plus Dell said they would blog about it before the update was to roll out. So I think its safe to say its not coming out today. Plus its 12:35 pm, so people would have started to recv the update by now, and there is nothing. Just give them this week and Im sure they will come through.

Thats 12:35PM For Washington State, Microsofts home

We have already given them half of this year. Apparently they are strong believers in the practice 'if they give you an inch, take a mile'. Can someone name another phone that has had this big of a problem fixing this big of an issue?

theusername

Jan 12, 2009
Salt Lake City
We have already given them half of this year. Apparently they are strong believers in the practice 'if they give you an inch, take a mile'. Can someone name another phone that has had this big of a problem fixing this big of an issue?
Samaung Vibrant/Epic/Captivate/Fascinate - GPS doesnt lock on the phones.
Iphone 4 - Reception issues
LG G2X - Random force closes and reboot issues.

Your not the only person whos ever got a buggy phone Missionsparta. You could be like those Samsung owners and never get a fix or the LG G2X owners with no ETA. Get off the cross and wait. Dell is fixing the issue this week.

Reactions: venelar and alodar1

alodar1

Aug 6, 2007
Auburn, WA
Microsoft Surface Duo

Your not the only person whos ever got a buggy phone Missionsparta. You could be like those Samsung owners and never get a fix or the LG G2X owners with no ETA. Get off the cross and wait. Dell is fixing the issue this week.

get off the cross...heehehe....that alone is worth a Thanks...

liquidiq

Mar 14, 2006
Austin, TX
How about you get off your soapbox... your not the only one that has had a device that they would defend to the death, little boy.

Calm down buddy, here's a cute dog picture to lower your blood pressure.

1198065356cairn_terrier.jpg

Reactions: theusername

Ganondolf

Nov 16, 2008
My feeling is that MS bumped the dell update in favour of the Samsung one for greater PR effect.

I think MS decided it was more important to get the Samsung update out first so they can close the book on the Nodo update problem and then release the DVP firmware update.

I assume MS knows there is more samsung devices sold than dell ones so it was best to fix that issue first.

rvbarton

Jan 19, 2009
Euless, Texas
www.facebook.com
I don't know if this helps or not, but I have a 32GB DVP, locked to AT&T, that I have been having issues with. I called Dell to RMA it, and boy has THAT been painful.

Long story short... After a month and many, MANY calls, I finally emailed the customer resolution department directly, and after them telling me the phone is on hold for the firmware fix, here is a copy/paste from his email:

Estimated replacement for product is 8/12. It could be late August before you could get the replacement phone.

My thought process tells me to not hold my breath...

notebookgrail

Nov 12, 2010
I don't know if this helps or not, but I have a 32GB DVP, locked to AT&T, that I have been having issues with. I called Dell to RMA it, and boy has THAT been painful.

Long story short... After a month and many, MANY calls, I finally emailed the customer resolution department directly, and after them telling me the phone is on hold for the firmware fix, here is a copy/paste from his email:

Estimated replacement for product is 8/12. It could be late August before you could get the replacement phone.

My thought process tells me to not hold my breath...
Its already known/communicated by Dell that ATT will get the FW update in August.

Mann_Kel

Jan 10, 2011
I got my replacement DVP yesterday for T-Mobile. It has the newest firmware .212
It seemed to be running great until this morning. I tried to download a game from the market place, and the wifi just stopped working. I couldnt see any networks until I reset the phone. There wasn't a complete lock up, so its improved, but it still doesnt seem fixed.

efjay

Nov 18, 2004
I think MS decided it was more important to get the Samsung update out first so they can close the book on the Nodo update problem and then release the DVP firmware update.

I assume MS knows there is more samsung devices sold than dell ones so it was best to fix that issue first.

We've had the wifi problem much longer than Samsung's issues, it was just for PR's sake Samsung got their update earlier. And with the issue lingering for so long its no wonder there were not that many sold. Testing was finished back in June, they have been sitting on their hands since then. Could have released it anytime before now, but now they want to claim it as part of their "hardware improvement" updates. BS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Indeed. Someone better post a picture of some cute kittens before there's an all-out flame war :O

cute-kittens-nap-together.jpg

I can't help but throw my hands up at the whole update situation on Windows Phone 7. I honestly feel this firmware release is delayed by Microsoft and not Dell...

I mean seriously why would Dell be shipping a firmware with the major build number tied to the Feb. NoDo build (7355) on their new and refurbished phones now, but now releasing it to us? The only reason I can think of is that Microsoft is required to push our firmware update via Zune and they have been stalling.

That leaves us and Dell in a tight spot. Dell can't release timely updates to fix our major issues... Even worse they can't communicate because the truth just is that they have no idea when it will be released.

Centralized updates for the OS makes perfect sense, but I don't see why the OEM shouldn't be able to push out their own firmware updates via their own tools... Or why Microsoft just doesn't push an OEM firmware update instantly...

Other OEMs have been able to release firmware updates through Zune though. Not to mention that Dell is the only OEM having these major stability issues. Could be any number of reasons why Dell hasn't released it to existing owners - still working on update process, adding more features/fixes before releasing etc.
    ok guys keep this thread on topic and no more fighting if i have to come back for the same thing thread is gonna get locked
    so please try to keep on topic and if you dont have something nice to say dont say it ^_^