Lolento

Jul 31, 2007
The DRM crap is BS....

Google has streaming working fine

EDIT: Anybody tested HDMI out?

Last edited:
G

gqstatus0685

Ahh! I sent my Xoom to Motorola. I hope they don't patch this before I get my Xoom back.

jonnypho

Apr 25, 2011
Doesn't seem to work in Canada.

says the device cannot instantly stream from netflix in your area. Visit ca.netflix.com/NRD to see a full list of devices that instantly stream from netflix.

crackmulah

Apr 11, 2011
works GREAT.

tested on wifi, as well as mobile hotspot using "3.5g" from tmobile nexus one in NYC. great quality. smooth playback.

HDMI works great as well.

however ive always encountered the problem with hdmi that the edges get cut off, especially bottom. anyone know how to fix this?

droidPhoenix

Jun 3, 2011
awesome.
quality seems a little lacking though and when I plugged my HDMI cable in I I had video but the audio cut off on the Xoom and did not resume on the TV
still I'm psyched, been waiting for this

p-slim

May 25, 2008
San Jose
Whats weird about this app is that when installed on the xoom its slightly different, its kind of like they're testing honeycomb support knowing we would rip off the apk. On the xoom landscape works perfectly fine even when browsing through the menus and on the phone, you can't get landscape until the actual movie or show starts playing. just thinking out loud

Edit:nevermind, I see the app officially supports the lenevo tablet

Last edited:

BlackDino

Sep 11, 2010
Whats weird about this app is that when installed on the xoom its slightly different, its kind of like they're testing honeycomb support knowing we would rip off the apk. On the xoom landscape works perfectly fine even when browsing through the menus and on the phone, you can't get landscape until the actual movie or show starts playing. just thinking out loud

This was like so on the first netflix release.
Something is really wrong with the netflix app, scrolling is so choppy and the whole thing is extremely ugly. My guess is they are using a webframe, might rip open the apk and see what I can find

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

wow this actually works and everything is in landscape. yessss. stock 3G xoom meaning 3.1. Just in case something happens to your dropbox i uploaded the apk. it should be fine since the app is free in the market and we didnt make any changes to it.
    Can I get a screen shot of of how it looks on the larger screen? I really need some screenshots to see how my edits have affected the layout on larger screens anyway. (Although, the majority is loading from the web and not contained in the app, as I just stated :D )

Technically, no... nothing is visually off centered, but the touch screen points are not aligned properly because it is not optimized for Honeycomb just yet. I have a very difficult time hitting the text box so that I may bring up the keyboard and type in the search bar. True, the app is pretty much a web browser pointed directly at the Netflix website, but the app itself could use some big screen optimizations for our Honeycomb tablets to scale properly and to have liquid smooth scrolling.

And for some reason we cannot use the new app zoom compatibility feature from 3.2 to make it fit properly. I thought Netflix was mostly a phone app at this time since it isn't optimized for Honeycomb?

Screenshot attached...
    yepper

Confirmed working on my 3.2 rooted xoom. Nice.
    After all that, I tried it again. I gave it some more time, and the signal actually clears up within two to the minutes. It's actually such good quality that I can plug my Xoom into my 36"LCD TV and the movie streams beautifully!

Apologies to all, especially slim.