Battery Fix 2.3.x

Search This thread

sublimejosh2000

Dec 14, 2010
Atlanta
The deodexed. Apk's still prob need to be overwritten with the apk's you have in the /system folder I'm not sure how to make this more cleat? Any ideas? If you do it with root explorer, make sure you set correct permissions on the files too!!!
I've removed the odex files with root explorer. Do I need to remove data/davlik-cache/battery.monitor-1.apk?

Battery mode is still giving a fc as is.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Sent from my Cyanbreaded Gingered Atrix!

Reactions: phatboypat

gera4ever94

Mar 28, 2011
Has anybody been able to get their battery to charge past 98%? My battery seems to just hang there and not charge fully.

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
please somebody give a hand with this problem.
Im having the same issue with Kenn´s rom and Faux kernel. 8 hours max in phone idle... from a full charge. NOT USING the phone

Sorry buddy, the phone idle thing is something else, this has nothing to do with that, this only fixes the battery jumping around after a reboot. This works well for fixing the jumping and I'm not running the 1% battery mod so mine was showing 100% charge this morning. You guys running the battery mod may have to do a full charge then reflash the battery mod maybe?

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

zoso28

Feb 17, 2008
East Coast
I'm having no trouble charging to 100%, although it does drop to 99% almost immediately. Probably has more to do with the calibration, which I did last night. Waiting for it to drain and then another full charge. I'll post results when i've cycled a couple times.

On a side note, setcpu is reporting the status as 10% increments, although it does seem to roughly correspond to the 1% statusbar number. i.e. status bar shows 74%, setcpu shows 70%.. status bar shows 58%, setcpu shows 60%. Basically it's rounding to the nearest 10%, which seems normal. So far everything seems good with the jug6ernaut v2 fix and CherryBlur .05d

phatboypat

Mar 3, 2011
Nor Cal
The deodexed. Apk's still prob need to be overwritten with the apk's you have in the /system folder I'm not sure how to make this more cleat? Any ideas? If you do it with root explorer, make sure you set correct permissions on the files too!!!

I understand what you're saying. I swapped the apks and was trying to do a specific wipe (battery only) through root explorer. I didn't know if it was possible or if I was looking at the correct file. I ended up just doing a complete dalvik wipe and everything is working fine now.

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

J-man67

Mar 7, 2011
Wilmington

Can you touch on these permissions with a little more detail? I see the permissions area of the file, but not sure what should be checked. Sorry...still getting the FC after replacing the files from v1 with the stock .apk's posted after the fix. Thanks for all of your help.

sublimejosh2000

Dec 14, 2010
Atlanta
Using root explorer ... change permissions to match the other Apk's

(RW-R--R--):

USER - READ, WRITE,
GROUP - READ
OTHERS - READ

make sure you mount "/system" as read/write....

Can you touch on these permissions with a little more detail? I see the permissions area of the file, but not sure what should be checked. Sorry...still getting the FC after replacing the files from v1 with the stock .apk's posted after the fix. Thanks for all of your help.

phatboypat

Mar 3, 2011
Nor Cal

You also need to clear your dalvik-cache through cwm

J-man67

Mar 7, 2011
Wilmington

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
i'd really like to know what in phone idle time is chewing threw that battery so much. 2.3.4 phone idle is crazy.

darkamikaze

Aug 7, 2010
Candyland
I don't get what you guys are talking about regarding the phone idle..

my phone idle is at the top, sure, at 56% but my battery life seems normal which is currently at 75% after 9hrs 15min of moderate usage. (texting, surfing, email, fb, g+, etc.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First thanks to kamma and his thread HERE. This fixed was 100% inspired by his attempt, i only had the benefit of having access to some files he didnt. This thread is based off his, but with the files from 2.3.3 which did not have the jumping issue.

I have NOT tested extensively, but in my limited experience(and that of a few others) this does fix the problem.

Code:
    [color=#FF0000]USE THIS SCRIPT AT YOUR OWN RISK[/color]

This is just a proof-of-concept fix. I dont guarantee any improvement, because i have not much time to test it.
    I simply replace battery libs and apps extracted from [color=#FF0000]ATT 2.2.3*[/color].

How to:
    1. Download [color=#FF0000]CMW_Jug6_batfix.zip*[/color] (bellow in Attached Files)
    2. Copy it to sdcard or sdcard-ext
    3. Reboot into CWM recovery
    5. Click "install zip from sdcard"
    6. Choose zip from sdcard
    7. Pick the [color=#FF0000]CMW_Jug6_batfix.zip*[/color]
    8. Install
    9. Reboot

V2 - Removed BatteryManager.apk & BatteryReport.apk as they are not needed
    Deodexed

Here are the files from OP deodexed. Untested, but should work fine :p

Example installation:

Code:
    adb remount
    adb root
    adb shell rm /data/dalvik-cache/*Battery*
    adb shell rm /system/app/BatteryManager.odex
    adb shell rm /system/app/BatteryReport.odex
    adb push BatteryManager.apk /system/app/BatteryManager.apk
    adb push BatteryReport.apk /system/app/BatteryReport.apk
    adb reboot
    Using root explorer ... change permissions to match the other Apk's

(RW-R--R--):

USER - READ, WRITE,
    GROUP - READ
    OTHERS - READ

make sure you mount "/system" as read/write....

Brilliant, will try immediately! Does it matter if you switch between roms, do you have to re-apply then?

Yes as you go between roms you would need to reapply, that is until(if its working 100%) its added to the roms themeselves.

Will test, thanks Jug.

Guess I would need to deodex it for a deodexrom?

it has both, but if you want u can remove the 2 .odex files from the zip.
    Thanks for the explanation. Really, the MB865 devs do a really good job, but sometimes there are issues with inaccurate battery reporting, which can be alleviated by wiping battery stats and with a recalibration. Thanks for your replies!

Recalibration is best achieved by draining until phone dies and then charging to full. Once full keep charging and power off. Allow phone to charge in the unbooted state. I have had little success with wiping battery stats and I believe that the official word is that those files that gets deleted by the wipe procedure are recreated upon every charge so it is a bit of a fallacy. Of course, if the battery daemon has bad code, you'd be looking at a thread like this for a replacement piece of code to fix the problem.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2