myTouch 3G will not connect to pc other than for charging

Search This thread

kylesuo

May 8, 2010
I bought a used MyTouch 3G with the 3.5mm jack. Everything seems to work, except for connecting to either of my windows 7 pc's. I have the oem usb cable that came with the phone. When I plug it in, Windows says the usb device is not recognized and is malfunctioning. I attempted to install the drivers that come with pdanet to no avail. I also installed htc sync. When I plug the phone into my computer, it starts charging, but the taskbar message on the phone does not show it as connected to a pc.

Any ideas here?

Adamsville MITM

Apr 12, 2010
try another usb cord?

av-26604.png

bogo_mips

Feb 5, 2010
Try to install the USB drivers that come with the Android SDK?

(I don't think you need the HTC sync stuff for that).

Depending on what ROM you are running, or if it was made by some paranoid network provider, you might not be able to use the phone as a modem (tethering)... I've heard that some network providers disable the tethering feature...

With CM ROM, I've had no problems tethering over USB in: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Ubuntu 10.4 (Windows XP didn't work at all).

You have to enable the tethering feature first on the phone before it will work (I'm not talking about installing some app from the market, I'm talking about the built-in setting: settings-->wireless&networks-->tethering).

Have you tried mounting your SD card to access it as storage device over USB?

If neither tethering or USB mount wants to pick up when you plug the cable in, I'm guessing your cable is bust or your phone...

Have you tried the same cable on another PC?

Are you using some dodgy USB add-in card or USB hub on your PC? Did Windows 7 install the correct drivers for your USB controller on your motherboard? (do any other USB devices work on your PC?)

sxristi

Jul 12, 2011
Athens
same problem HTC my touch 3g

I have a google tmobile htc my touch 3g 32B 2.2.1 android and under vista i have a load of usb problems device not recognized. have tried many many things still nothing works. called htc they told me to call ms. perhaps some conflict with the device. problem rooting it with sapping and gold card method and sapping as well. any suggestions?