Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonnie

Link is dead.. update?

Done.

10char.
22nd July 2011, 05:11 PM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
It's working on my transformer. I just installed it after doing a clean install of Prime 1.6.
22nd July 2011, 05:25 PM |#114  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistar Muffin

This patch is not meant for the Iconia. This is the Transformer section of XDA. Please seek support in the appropriate thread.

As far as the logcat from TimD123:

My logcat is the exact same up until this point:

E/nf_player(14177): VideoNccpHandler::handleActionId: action ID: 3
E/nf_player(14177): NetflixPlayer::sendEvent: msg: 100, ext1: 3, ext2: 4026662915, msg: This device cannot instantly stream from Netflix in your area. Visit ca.netflix.com/NRD to see a full list of devices that instantly stream from Netflix.

I also get the message about the carrier, wifi, and Verizon. This seems normal. At the point you got the error, my app was setting up video playback. I'm pretty sure this is a server side message because I cannot find these strings anywhere in the app itself. Someone else did mention that (in Canada) the NF app worked on his Atrix, but not the Transformer. It looks as though since the NF app could not detect a carrier, it defaults to Verizon. Maybe the location restrictions are carrier-specific? Ie the AT&T Atrix works in Canada but the "Verizon" Transformer does not? It's really tough to say...that's quite the assumption on my part. I previously assumed it was restricted based on IP geolocation...but that would mean the Atrix shouldn't work.

After reading the log, this solution is probably completely wrong, but I'm leaving it up in case it helps someone else think of something.

Quote:

I'm not rooted nor have I played with much of the internal configuration of android, but at first glance I would simply reroute the ca.netflix.com to the US version.

Can you edit ect/hosts and add?:

"usnetflixaddress ca.netflix.com"

22nd July 2011, 05:30 PM |#115  
Flag Sugar Land TX
Thanks Meter: 1,724

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonnie

Link is dead.. update?

Just tried, nothing wrong with link.
22nd July 2011, 05:57 PM |#116  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Works great on my tf101 running prime 1.6! Thanks a million.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App
22nd July 2011, 06:43 PM |#117  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

This patch is not meant for the Iconia. This is the Transformer section of XDA. Please seek support in the appropriate thread.

As far as the logcat from TimD123:

My logcat is the exact same up until this point:

E/nf_player(14177): VideoNccpHandler::handleActionId: action ID: 3
E/nf_player(14177): NetflixPlayer::sendEvent: msg: 100, ext1: 3, ext2: 4026662915, msg: This device cannot instantly stream from Netflix in your area. Visit ca.netflix.com/NRD to see a full list of devices that instantly stream from Netflix.

I also get the message about the carrier, wifi, and Verizon. This seems normal. At the point you got the error, my app was setting up video playback. I'm pretty sure this is a server side message because I cannot find these strings anywhere in the app itself. Someone else did mention that (in Canada) the NF app worked on his Atrix, but not the Transformer. It looks as though since the NF app could not detect a carrier, it defaults to Verizon. Maybe the location restrictions are carrier-specific? Ie the AT&T Atrix works in Canada but the "Verizon" Transformer does not? It's really tough to say...that's quite the assumption on my part. I previously assumed it was restricted based on IP geolocation...but that would mean the Atrix shouldn't work.

Thanks for looking into this for us. Much appreciated.

Sent from my Transformer TF101
22nd July 2011, 06:44 PM |#118  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Wow works great for me.... thanks a lot.
22nd July 2011, 08:21 PM |#119  
Union City Indiana
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:

Flash attached zip in recovery to gain working Netflix. Requires latest version of the Netflix app. Only tested on Honeycomb 3.1 (Prime 1.5). I can't swear this won't cause unforeseen problems....use at your own peril.

Note: The original file is renamed to .bak just in case!

Latest Netflix is 1.3 build 246
APK: http://www.multiupload.com/XTEWL8CLCZ

Technical details:

Stole libnvomx.so from a Xoom 3.1 ROM and pushed to /system/lib/ on my Transformer. Duh.

If you prefer, you can manually place the file using Root Explorer or another file manager.

So if I get this right I can rename the original libnvomx.so to .bak and copy the new one to same place. Then if I want to go back, just reverse...? Thanks.
22nd July 2011, 08:52 PM |#120  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 412

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun298

So if I get this right I can rename the original libnvomx.so to .bak and copy the new one to same place. Then if I want to go back, just reverse...? Thanks.

You are correct.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mistar Muffin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mistar Muffin Ad-Free
22nd July 2011, 08:53 PM |#121  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 412

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by igot6strings

Thanks for looking into this for us. Much appreciated.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

I decompiled the app and confirmed that the error messages are coming from the Netflix server. There's nothing to be done unless we can figure out how to hide the location from the server.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)