30 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By joplin48, Junior Member on 14th March 2011, 06:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th July 2011, 09:01 AM |#91  
Flag Bath
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Claiming the Arc is better based on looks is stupid.

Which phone is better depends how you define better. Better for me means more refined, original, and fun to use. Arc takes it there for me. It wont be better than the s2 for someone who defines better as newer tech and higher specs. Likewise, even by my criteria, someone may find different things nicer to use.

Neither phone is intrinsically better than the other. I cant be the only person to realize this surely?

Sent from my LT15i using XDA App

20th July 2011, 09:41 AM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtc42

Claiming the Arc is better based on looks is stupid.

Which phone is better depends how you define better. Better for me means more refined, original, and fun to use. Arc takes it there for me. It wont be better than the s2 for someone who defines better as newer tech and higher specs. Likewise, even by my criteria, someone may find different things nicer to use.

Neither phone is intrinsically better than the other. I cant be the only person to realize this surely?

Sent from my LT15i using XDA App

No. Mee too. Better ot not depends on the individual user's requirements. Sadly today, too many persons care the spec. too much. I donot understand but it is just ture.
20th July 2011, 11:33 AM |#93  

More
video sucks on arc? it was way better then lg2x which is 1080 under low light, and with no autofocus the video on lg is useless....

not sure if s2 got auto focus in video or not

not with overclock kernel, im a happy man
20th July 2011, 11:53 AM |#94  
Flag Bytom, Poland
Thanks Meter: 427

More
Video on Arc is very very good in every conditions.
20th July 2011, 12:25 PM |#95  
Thanks Meter: 639

More
@ jtc42:
Right, it's a personal choice.
And yeah, people care too much about specs.
Arc's specs are more than enough for normal use and if you aren't a gamer that won't change soon imo.

Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App
21st July 2011, 09:36 PM |#96  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I would have to say that xperia arc is really fast...I turned on wifi downloading a movie, music and either playing a game or watching a movie...no lag at all.

I got S2 in the end tho...because some of the arc devices have a battery problem (my cousin got one that has it and need to send to repair center) which I don't want to deal with.

Arc design is better than S2, S2 is like a bigger iphone lol. Also one last thing is generally I hate samsung's keyboard because they don't put , (comma) in the main keyboard.

S2 has better specs that is for sure. But if you are not a really heavy smartphone user, arc is good enough.
22nd July 2011, 06:50 PM |#97  
Flag Bytom, Poland
Thanks Meter: 427

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniflight

I would have to say that xperia arc is really fast...I turned on wifi downloading a movie, music and either playing a game or watching a movie...no lag at all.

I got S2 in the end tho...because some of the arc devices have a battery problem (my cousin got one that has it and need to send to repair center) which I don't want to deal with.

Arc design is better than S2, S2 is like a bigger iphone lol. Also one last thing is generally I hate samsung's keyboard because they don't put , (comma) in the main keyboard.

S2 has better specs that is for sure. But if you are not a really heavy smartphone user, arc is good enough.

Arc after update has no single battery problem.

I still haven't seen any area where SGS II would be really, seriously better and making Arc a poor or worse performing device. Differences are marginal.
23rd July 2011, 03:53 PM |#98  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doministry

Arc after update has no single battery problem.

I still haven't seen any area where SGS II would be really, seriously better and making Arc a poor or worse performing device. Differences are marginal.

Not for my cousin. I did update, repair, flashing, and other methods on xda but problem is still there.

Now the phone is in repair centre, I gave up on it lol

e.g. it goes to 40% then drop to 1% the shut down. I fixed it to 20% but still not too good.

I would have got arc if there wasn't this battery problem on some phones that are manufactured...I didn't want to risk it and get the headache. This is because the arc is good enough for me to use, I don't need a dual core phone.

So far I am cool with my S2 as well, the screen is really superior compared to arc. But it would appear that there isn't a prefect phone lol, S2 have it unique battery draining problem as well...mainly due to a bug in 2.3.3 (andriod system % is high in battery usage) as well as the dual core itself.
The Following User Says Thank You to miniflight For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift miniflight Ad-Free
23rd July 2011, 05:39 PM |#99  

More
im lucky to have a good battery, phone is now perfect with overclock kernel and my batt last longer under conservative setting.

love my arc now
28th July 2011, 07:41 AM |#100  
Flag kl
Thanks Meter: 64

More
I just trade in my SE Arc and choose Samsung galaxy s2 by last week. when i compare it I'll love boths.... but no regret i trade in Arc. let share from here........(Below comment is all under my opinion not to compare which device is better.)

Design= Arc slim and sexxxxxy.S2 lightly and hot. (like my wife)
Performence= Arc smooth. S2 fast (like my Farrari)
Screen display=S2 Amoled Arc=Exmor both done great (Like my LED TV)
Camera= Arc low light great, S2 landscape shoot better. (like my pet Eyes)
Front camera= Arc shy and close her eye,S2 come to me Baby (like my girlfriends)
Video Play= Arc nd to convert, S2 just change the file name ( like me wash the toilet)

just share until here, if need more understand my wife and my girl friend pls wait TO BE CONTINUNE.
The Following User Says Thank You to kkkok8051 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kkkok8051 Ad-Free
28th July 2011, 10:34 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Hmm, I think arc is better
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)