[BOOTANIMATIONS] windows phone 7 boot animations for android......

Search This thread

abhi0n0nakul

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 13, 2010
delhi
here i present the windows phone 7 boot animation.....
android engraved:
FFlzsyT

watch the boot animation here: normal and with dots{WVGA}
V7R2iYn
UiJmHlJ

{QVGA}:
Lezwrrj

it plays just like windows phone7 but repeats it over and over..

its for hdpi and ldpi devices...

for wvga screens: 1. normal: View attachment bootanimation2.zip
2. with dots: http://db.tt/NHDJong

for qvga screens: View attachment 655882

how to apply?:::::

option1: place it to data/local via root explorer and give all permissions(if s-off) and reboot

option 2: place to data/local via adb:
Installing custom boot animations (Credit to jcase from XDA):

Windows:
1.) Download the desired animation, rename the zip file to "bootanimation" and move into your Android SDK/Tools folder.
2.) Run the following adb command to push the animation into the proper place:

Code:
adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local/
3.) Enjoy!

Mac: (Thanks to Pitamakan)
1. Open a Terminal window, and run the following command. (This is assuming you installed the SDK in your Applications folder.) Replace "username" with the correct user name for your machine:

/Users/username/Applications/android-sdk-mac_86/tools/adb

You should get a screenful of command syntax in response, which will confirm to you that adb is running and ready to go.

2. Put the bootanimation.zip file into the same folder that contains the adb file, and then run the following, again changing the username as needed.

Code:
/Users/username/Applications/android-sdk-mac_86/tools/adb push /Users/username/Applications/android-sdk-mac_86/tools/bootanimation.zip /data/local/
And that should do it!
---------------------------------------------

Reverting back to default boot animation

1.) Open an ADB Shell using:
Code:
adb shell
2.) Remove bootanimation.zip from /data/local using:
Code:
rm /data/local/bootanimation.zip
3.) On next boot you'll have the red VZW animation back.

Last edited:

apollofroyo

Feb 11, 2011
loving it... its great..
was expecting it since months....

and its here.........

it would be nice to see for mdpi also

Ace3

Jul 22, 2009
Why the f* would anyone want that? I had to doublecheck the top of my browser to make sure it DID say "Android".

Apart from that, well job on the graphics.

abhi0n0nakul

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 13, 2010
delhi
Why the f* would anyone want that? I had to doublecheck the top of my browser to make sure it DID say "Android".

well for the question : why anyone would want that??

answer: for the same reason some people want wp7 style music player,home,sms, lock and others, iphone style homescreen and boot animations and others..

its about customizability...

i am proud of android that i can make it look like iphone, htc sense, wp7 whatever i want.....

well android engraved.. wp7 boot animation is also coming soon

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
Agreed. I don't get it. That's like buying a Jaguar and putting a VW emblem on it instead. Weird.

No, that's like buying an Escalade and putting spinners and subs in it. Still the same phone, just customized for what people want. WP7 has a fantastic UI in my opinion and many others' so a lot of people like to have things that are like it.

Why are you guys complaining anyways, if you like it then download it and use it, if not then don't and don't waste the thread with posts *****ing about it. Nobody is making you use it.

Sent from my MIUI SCH-i500

vertig

Aug 4, 2010
I haven't delved into boot animations yet, so forgive me if this question is noobish... would it be very difficult to take one of your boot animations, decompile, modify, and recompile to work on mdpi? I'm not asking you to do it, but just if it's possible to do with an already created animation. Thanks.

*Great work. btw

antonio1475

May 29, 2010
I haven't delved into boot animations yet, so forgive me if this question is noobish... would it be very difficult to take one of your boot animations, decompile, modify, and recompile to work on mdpi? I'm not asking you to do it, but just if it's possible to do with an already created animation. Thanks.

*Great work. btw

A bootanimation is not an apk. It's just a zip with images, so you can't decompile, just extract and resize the pics.
I'm not saying you are allowed (that's not my word), but you can do it as easy as that.

:)

Reactions: vertig

rfunderburk39

Nov 8, 2010
NMB
@abhi0n0nakul would you mind if I include the qvga in my next theme? Giving proper credit your work & a link to the thread here?

Thanks for your consideration

vertig

Aug 4, 2010
A bootanimation is not an apk. It's just a zip with images, so you can't decompile, just extract and resize the pics.
I'm not saying you are allowed (that's not my word), but you can do it as easy as that.

:)
Even easier than I thought. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

vadash

Jun 1, 2010
First of all THX!!!, could you make the bootanimation with the dots for qvga phones
Thank YOU

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here i present the windows phone 7 boot animation.....
    android engraved:
    FFlzsyT

watch the boot animation here: normal and with dots{WVGA}
    V7R2iYn
    UiJmHlJ

{QVGA}:
    Lezwrrj

it plays just like windows phone7 but repeats it over and over..

its for hdpi and ldpi devices...

for wvga screens: 1. normal: View attachment bootanimation2.zip
    2. with dots: http://db.tt/NHDJong

for qvga screens: View attachment 655882

how to apply?:::::

option1: place it to data/local via root explorer and give all permissions(if s-off) and reboot

option 2: place to data/local via adb:
    Installing custom boot animations (Credit to jcase from XDA):

Windows:
    1.) Download the desired animation, rename the zip file to "bootanimation" and move into your Android SDK/Tools folder.
    2.) Run the following adb command to push the animation into the proper place:

Code:
    adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local/
    3.) Enjoy!

Mac: (Thanks to Pitamakan)
    1. Open a Terminal window, and run the following command. (This is assuming you installed the SDK in your Applications folder.) Replace "username" with the correct user name for your machine:

/Users/username/Applications/android-sdk-mac_86/tools/adb

You should get a screenful of command syntax in response, which will confirm to you that adb is running and ready to go.

2. Put the bootanimation.zip file into the same folder that contains the adb file, and then run the following, again changing the username as needed.

Code:
    /Users/username/Applications/android-sdk-mac_86/tools/adb push /Users/username/Applications/android-sdk-mac_86/tools/bootanimation.zip /data/local/
    And that should do it!
    ---------------------------------------------

Reverting back to default boot animation

1.) Open an ADB Shell using:
    Code:
    adb shell
    2.) Remove bootanimation.zip from /data/local using:
    Code:
    rm /data/local/bootanimation.zip
    3.) On next boot you'll have the red VZW animation back.
    how about this???? (watch the dots below)

UiJmHlJ

well for the question : why anyone would want that??

answer: for the same reason some people want wp7 style music player,home,sms, lock and others, iphone style homescreen and boot animations and others..

its about customizability...

i am proud of android that i can make it look like iphone, htc sense, wp7 whatever i want.....

well android engraved.. wp7 boot animation is also coming soon
    new android engraved::::

FFlzsyT

Agreed... But a phone with with WP7's UI and Android functionality would be beyond words.

Sent from my HD7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App