Battery Fix 2.3.x

Search This thread

DeXtmL

Feb 26, 2011
thx for reply, I got this solved.
The reason is the file permission for battd is somehow failed to set. I fixed that by manually set the permission in the terminal.

UPDATE

For ppl who has the same problem but don't like to go into the command terminal, here's a GUI way:
You need the root explorer or es file explorer. First mount the system folder as writable, then navigate to the file /system/bin/battd, long press and select permisson or properties. then set the permisson to: [user:rwx, group:r-x, other: r-x] (r:read,w:write,x:execute).
Now reboot, done, enjoy the fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: wisemensurvive

thebeardedchild

Apr 4, 2011
I dunno if this related to this fix, but I've noticed my phone wont charge past 98%. It says fully charged at 95, and goes slowly to 98 and stops.. should I use recovery to wipe stats once it gets to 98? The battery calibration app I use sometimes says its not good to force early calibration..?

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

joyo22

Feb 21, 2011
Bogota
Well, after installing Ninja ROM and wiping battery stats from CWM, my battery issues went away. Now I get more than 30 hours with light use and 24+ with moderate use. Battery decreases only 6% or less overnight.

Here are my stats

Attachments

• 1311563041791.jpg
    1311563041791.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 300
  • 1311563065770.jpg
    1311563065770.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 298

Rayan

Feb 24, 2004
Baja
www.youtube.com
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7 Pro
Well, after installing Ninja ROM and wiping battery stats from CWM, my battery issues went away. Now I get more than 30 hours with light use and 24+ with moderate use. Battery decreases only 6% or less overnight.

Here are my stats

Thanks for letting us know, but I'm not impressed at all!

On your second screenshot it clearly shows almost no screen on time, which translates to almost no real use of the Atrix!

So yeah, moot point... ;)

Apr 10, 2008
I also experienced the same problem as DeXtmL and I don't have the portable charger. So I can't use the phone now. Let me be more specific. After flashed this, I had a question mark appeared inside the battery shape. Occasionally, there are messages saying that I have invalid battery and it's not charging. When the battery is completely drained, I can't even power it on. Now, it's just a big screen with the question mark inside the battery shape on my phone. Please help. I guess I have to buy the portable charger to charge it and once it powers on I can set the battery file. I don't even know how to set the battery file as DeXtmL mentioned.

jmgg2k

Feb 11, 2011
So.. Is it established that Ninja ROM uses less battery as opposed to Ken's v4.5?

Nope. Ninja Rom it´s almost the same than Kenn´s rom with a different theme.
The same kernel, the same .30p radio.

I can tell you that GB battery life it´s ok. The only issue i had, was with windows live msn apps affecting the battery (any of them) (only 9-11 hours moderate use). Without those apps i get 17-20 hours moderate use.

If you have battery drain issues you need to check first, what apps you have running background with data use. Try to use the Atrix without apps installed for one day (with 3g on, gps on) and you will see what im talking about.
Cheers

joyo22

Feb 21, 2011
Bogota
Nope. Ninja Rom it´s almost the same than Kenn´s rom with a different theme.
The same kernel, the same .30p radio.

I can tell you that GB battery life it´s ok. The only issue i had, was with windows live msn apps affecting the battery (any of them) (only 9-11 hours moderate use). Without those apps i get 17-20 hours moderate use.

If you have battery drain issues you need to check first, what apps you have running background with data use. Try to use the Atrix without apps installed for one day (with 3g on, gps on) and you will see what im talking about.
Cheers

I don't worry too much about what's running in the background. I usually have whatsapp, mercury, touchdown mail and gmail synchronized all day and they actually don't consume more battery than when they're not active. Today, for example, unplugged my Atrix at 1 pm, went to work, made several calls (22 mins), chatted a lot and sent several mails, used gps to go to work (30 mins) and screen was on for 2hs and 12mins. Phone has been on for 11 hours and 23 mins and has 58% battery left. That's pretty good considering that my moto milestone couldn't hold a full charge with the same usage for more than 12 hours.

jmgg2k

Feb 11, 2011
I don't worry too much about what's running in the background. I usually have whatsapp, mercury, touchdown mail and gmail synchronized all day and they actually don't consume more battery than when they're not active. Today, for example, unplugged my Atrix at 1 pm, went to work, made several calls (22 mins), chatted a lot and sent several mails, used gps to go to work (30 mins) and screen was on for 2hs and 12mins. Phone has been on for 11 hours and 23 mins and has 58% battery left. That's pretty good considering that my moto milestone couldn't hold a full charge with the same usage for more than 12 hours.

you have good battery life by the way...
but i always have runnning in background: gmail (push), facebook, twitter, beautiful weather widget, facebook and twitter laucher pro widgets, youtube widget and talkdroid. Today im gonna try with the latest version of mercury msn and see what happens.
Im using Kenn´s 4.5 Rom with stock kernel, and .30p radio

darkamikaze

Aug 7, 2010
Candyland
This is odd.. if i view the batter info detail.. it shows it going down.. then goes straight horizontally.. which doesn't make sense because my battery has been draining.. Not sure if it's a faux kernel issue or a battery fix issue.. but thought i'd post in both
1311720443853.png
1311722633535.png

(Left) first SS i took.. then a few minutes later (Right) I notice it changed to that.

Last edited:

zoso28

Feb 17, 2008
East Coast
why doesnt this fix nething ontop of Alien ROM for kenneths
his only still has batt problem

I had the problem with alien but when I flashed the Jug6 cwm over it the problem went away. Other people have had success too. Try calibrating your battery after you flash it

Sent from my Atrix HspaG on the network that hauls the most back

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First thanks to kamma and his thread HERE. This fixed was 100% inspired by his attempt, i only had the benefit of having access to some files he didnt. This thread is based off his, but with the files from 2.3.3 which did not have the jumping issue.

I have NOT tested extensively, but in my limited experience(and that of a few others) this does fix the problem.

Code:
    [color=#FF0000]USE THIS SCRIPT AT YOUR OWN RISK[/color]

This is just a proof-of-concept fix. I dont guarantee any improvement, because i have not much time to test it.
    I simply replace battery libs and apps extracted from [color=#FF0000]ATT 2.2.3*[/color].

How to:
    1. Download [color=#FF0000]CMW_Jug6_batfix.zip*[/color] (bellow in Attached Files)
    2. Copy it to sdcard or sdcard-ext
    3. Reboot into CWM recovery
    5. Click "install zip from sdcard"
    6. Choose zip from sdcard
    7. Pick the [color=#FF0000]CMW_Jug6_batfix.zip*[/color]
    8. Install
    9. Reboot

V2 - Removed BatteryManager.apk & BatteryReport.apk as they are not needed
    Deodexed

Here are the files from OP deodexed. Untested, but should work fine :p

Example installation:

Code:
    adb remount
    adb root
    adb shell rm /data/dalvik-cache/*Battery*
    adb shell rm /system/app/BatteryManager.odex
    adb shell rm /system/app/BatteryReport.odex
    adb push BatteryManager.apk /system/app/BatteryManager.apk
    adb push BatteryReport.apk /system/app/BatteryReport.apk
    adb reboot
    Using root explorer ... change permissions to match the other Apk's

(RW-R--R--):

USER - READ, WRITE,
    GROUP - READ
    OTHERS - READ

make sure you mount "/system" as read/write....

Can you touch on these permissions with a little more detail? I see the permissions area of the file, but not sure what should be checked. Sorry...still getting the FC after replacing the files from v1 with the stock .apk's posted after the fix. Thanks for all of your help.

Sent from my Cyanbreaded Gingered Atrix!
    Brilliant, will try immediately! Does it matter if you switch between roms, do you have to re-apply then?

Yes as you go between roms you would need to reapply, that is until(if its working 100%) its added to the roms themeselves.

Will test, thanks Jug.

Guess I would need to deodex it for a deodexrom?

it has both, but if you want u can remove the 2 .odex files from the zip.
    Thanks for the explanation. Really, the MB865 devs do a really good job, but sometimes there are issues with inaccurate battery reporting, which can be alleviated by wiping battery stats and with a recalibration. Thanks for your replies!

Recalibration is best achieved by draining until phone dies and then charging to full. Once full keep charging and power off. Allow phone to charge in the unbooted state. I have had little success with wiping battery stats and I believe that the official word is that those files that gets deleted by the wipe procedure are recreated upon every charge so it is a bit of a fallacy. Of course, if the battery daemon has bad code, you'd be looking at a thread like this for a replacement piece of code to fix the problem.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2