FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[mod]Boosting Signal Strength (hspa/gprs)

365 posts
Thanks Meter: 75

By djscopesofm, Senior Member on 22nd January 2011, 11:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd July 2011, 02:52 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i'm in Cabramatta, Sydney Australia and with vodafone, i found the script definately changed the speed of my browser loading, and downloading, reception is the same, but downloading much faster, and uploading on 3g is now twice as fast as my home broadband. no issues yet after 6hrs of constant net usage

22nd July 2011, 04:31 PM |#72  
Flag Springfield, Mo
Thanks Meter: 341

More
Got the download increased, but the upload is still sticking between .2 & .5
for some reason???
23rd July 2011, 06:05 AM |#73  
Thanks Meter: 699

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p51d007

Got the download increased, but the upload is still sticking between .2 & .5
for some reason???

Wanna trade? I have the opposite problem.

I get .2 down and 1200 up!
23rd July 2011, 06:06 AM |#74  
Flag Springfield, Mo
Thanks Meter: 341

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donalgodon

Wanna trade? I have the opposite problem.

I get .2 down and 1200 up!

THAT is strange!
23rd July 2011, 08:50 PM |#75  
Thanks Meter: 699

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p51d007

THAT is strange!

I'm assuming it's my stupid provider's problem. Maybe a throttle on the downloads, even though they say there isn't. Cable&Wireless Panama has a long history of incompetence and the 'customer service' reps very often know less about their services than the customers themselves!
25th July 2011, 06:33 PM |#76  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
3mb down 1mb up
Before AND after the mod.
Not expecting any more really.
25th July 2011, 06:51 PM |#77  
Thanks Meter: 627

More
::grumble::
Well, I'm also having the .3 upload cap happening on my Streak. I flashed Nandroid back to a couple of old versions of StreakDroid and SimpleStreak, but no change. I was also getting terrible download speeds (about 500kbps or so). Probably unrelated, but it began occurring after I came out of contract on AT&T.

I did go into an AT&T store and replace my SIM with a brand new 3G SIM. It did work a little. My downloads are back to normal (2Mbps - 3Mbps). But my upload is still horrendous. I put my brand new SIM into the and HTC something or another and it base lined the expected 2.5Mbps down and 1Mbps up. So, it's not my account.

My next step is to flash the 353 recovery and PKG. Test, Root, set ro.ril, Test. And hope for the best! If that works, than I will flash 1.9.1. Might be an issue with the kernel overclock or usermode.

Of course, my best guess is that I royally pissed off my Streak
Hopefully it is not a hardware fault.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickshertzer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nickshertzer Ad-Free
25th July 2011, 10:47 PM |#78  
OP Senior Member
Flag Merrylands

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickshertzer

::grumble::
Well, I'm also having the .3 upload cap happening on my Streak. I flashed Nandroid back to a couple of old versions of StreakDroid and SimpleStreak, but no change. I was also getting terrible download speeds (about 500kbps or so). Probably unrelated, but it began occurring after I came out of contract on AT&T.

I did go into an AT&T store and replace my SIM with a brand new 3G SIM. It did work a little. My downloads are back to normal (2Mbps - 3Mbps). But my upload is still horrendous. I put my brand new SIM into the and HTC something or another and it base lined the expected 2.5Mbps down and 1Mbps up. So, it's not my account.

My next step is to flash the 353 recovery and PKG. Test, Root, set ro.ril, Test. And hope for the best! If that works, than I will flash 1.9.1. Might be an issue with the kernel overclock or usermode.

Of course, my best guess is that I royally pissed off my Streak
Hopefully it is not a hardware fault.

when u do please report here! id like to see how u go... i have always thought that the custom kernel had something to do with it but im too addicted to OC
27th July 2011, 05:19 AM |#79  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djscopesofm

when u do please report here! id like to see how u go... i have always thought that the custom kernel had something to do with it but im too addicted to OC

Well... wifi access is just so easy for me... I haven't done this yet. I started playing around with the UOT today and having WAY to much fun with that tonight!

I do appreciate djscopesofm leading me to the ro.ril school of google, but I know I messed up somewhere along the way. A stock recovery and stock flash will likely be in my future... just not tonight.
30th July 2011, 12:26 AM |#80  

More
OK... I have flashed 353 recovery via fastboot and installed 353 (latest AT&T stock ROM). Complete factory reset. As bone stock as can be. All I have done is log in my GMail account and download SpeedTest.net and Flash.

Every test, SpeedTest.net, Speakeasy, etc, my upload on 3G will not go over 300kbps. I called Dell and twenty-five minutes later, they are sending out a replacement unit. I explained that I have gone to AT&T first, obtained a new SIM card, and even tried my new SIM in another phone and got 1-1.25Mbps up. Another SIM in my phone would experience the same degradation.

Now to get stock off ASAP until the replacement arrives!
30th July 2011, 02:47 AM |#81  
OP Senior Member
Flag Merrylands

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickshertzer

OK... I have flashed 353 recovery via fastboot and installed 353 (latest AT&T stock ROM). Complete factory reset. As bone stock as can be. All I have done is log in my GMail account and download SpeedTest.net and Flash.

Every test, SpeedTest.net, Speakeasy, etc, my upload on 3G will not go over 300kbps. I called Dell and twenty-five minutes later, they are sending out a replacement unit. I explained that I have gone to AT&T first, obtained a new SIM card, and even tried my new SIM in another phone and got 1-1.25Mbps up. Another SIM in my phone would experience the same degradation.

Now to get stock off ASAP until the replacement arrives!

lol that their answer for everythings.. "here, have a replacement"

that's strange that ur phone caps dl tp 0.3mbps, I still think that its either the kernel or something in the code. coz I sometimes get 1.5-2.5mbps and sometimes only get 0.5 and some days it wont connect at all.. yesterday I had hsdpa all day running at 2.5mbps... I dunno what's up its really strange
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
signal, strength

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)