[ROM] MinimalX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

LancerV

Nov 20, 2007
I Guess I Gotta Keep Explaining Let's Say Windows Was Android For Minute.
Well In Windows You Have Windows 7, Vista, 2000, 98 And So Forth, These Would Be The ROMs.

In Android, Android Is The OS Like Windows.
Android Has 2.0 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 3.2 And Many More. Android Is The OS And The Version Number Of It Is The ROM. I Can't Explain Any Clearer Than That.

So Again My Point Is That I Believe Google Had The First ROM Before They Released It To The Carriers To Do What They Wanted.

Dumbest post of the year nomination apple uses the same system and guess what even microsoft microsofts is a little harder to see as its not under system info but if you boot up in safe mode you will notice a build number which will vary even on the same os

If this were the case you would be saying android 2.3,4 is really based off android 1.5 and Google just kept making "roms" to get to 2.3,4

But I guess since Google has just made roms my original 1.5 android phone can be running 2.3.4 in no time

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

Antob125

May 23, 2011
MikeJ, why do you capitalize every letter in your sentences. It's so hard to read.
Example:
Hi How Are You? What's Going On For Today?
It just doesn't make sense...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

LancerV

Nov 20, 2007
MikeJ, why do you capitalize every letter in your sentences. It's so hard to read.
Example:
Hi How Are You? What's Going On For Today?
It just doesn't make sense...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Judging by the intelligence its probably a setting he can't figure out how to turn off

LancerV

Nov 20, 2007
But MikeJ roms originally came in play from cartridge games because cartridge games were guess what? Actual roms read only memory so when cartridge games were imafed and ported to computers they were called roms because that's what the image was based off a rom

The term rom has just stuck around since then in the modding community but I doubt your old enough to even remember atari roms off newsgroup playing on windows 3.1

MikeJ92YJ

Jul 21, 2011
Dumbest post of the year nomination apple uses the same system and guess what even microsoft microsofts is a little harder to see as its not under system info but if you boot up in safe mode you will notice a build number which will vary even on the same os

If this were the case you would be saying android 2.3,4 is really based off android 1.5 and Google just kept making "roms" to get to 2.3,4

But I guess since Google has just made roms my original 1.5 android phone can be running 2.3.4 in no time

Yes, 2.3.4 Is Based Off Of 1.5, That's Where It All Started. If You Are To Say No It's Not Based Off Of It Then 1.5 Is Not Android. And So What If The Build Numbers Are Different That's Always Been The Same In The Android World. Example, My Build Is Minimal X 2.0 And My Friend Has CM6, We're Still On ROM 2.2 That Would Be A Case Of Build Numbers Not Matching Up.

Are You Ever Gonna Acknowledge My Opinion That I Believe That Google Created The First ROM Or Are You Just Gonna Continue To Fight Me? If You're Gonna Fight Me Just PM To Leave The Thread Alone.

Thanks,
Mikey

LancerV

Nov 20, 2007
Yes, 2.3.4 Is Based Off Of 1.5, That's Where It All Started. If You Are To Say No It's Not Based Off Of It Then 1.5 Is Not Android. And So What If The Build Numbers Are Different That's Always Been The Same In The Android World. Example, My Build Is Minimal X 2.0 And My Friend Has CM6, We're Still On ROM 2.2 That Would Be A Case Of Build Numbers Not Matching Up.

Are You Ever Gonna Acknowledge My Opinion That I Believe That Google Created The First ROM Or Are You Just Gonna Continue To Fight Me? If You're Gonna Fight Me Just PM To Leave The Thread Alone.

Thanks,
Mikey

Dumbest post of the century 1.5 is not based off 2.3.4

Find me a single operating system file that is anywhere like 1.5 in 2.3.4

Last edited:

mario9702

Feb 3, 2009
Dude let it go already he said to pm him if you want to continue the debate

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

mistawolfe

Nov 21, 2010

Thanks,
Mikey

Stop feeding the troll guys...

Alright Mikey, I got some stuff to say. You need to slow down around these forums pal. I can tell you a few things. First off, you aren't making any friends with your typing style. It's obnoxious. Do you know how much easier it is to type when you don't capitalize every word? We've already had this talk. I know you had a tragic carpenter accident, but that doesn't give you an excuse to be arrogant and type like a 2nd grader. Get over it man, we've all had tragedy, but you don't see us crying about it on XDA or Droid forums. And second, why do you go around constantly starting sh*t? I swear you just sit at home, ask a question (to try and bait someone) and then Google your a** off to try and prove them wrong, when most of the time you are wrong and end up looking like an idiot.

Android 1.5 is not a ROM. It's an operating system. Android is open source, their code is posted online. Someone can take that code, tweak it, release it, and we call it a ROM. Google does that every year, and it's a new version of their OS.

Your talking like there is ONE ROM that spawned them all! You sound like a cop who busts a kid with an eighth, "Who's the big guy? Tell us the big guy and we'll let you off!" - There is no big guy...

Ok, horrible analogy (lol) but some might get my point. You just sound stupid and litter up pages of useful information with your rants. Get a life and push away from the computer. Again, you aren't making any friends around here.

"As One We Can Conquer I Am Here To Help All My Fellow Android Brethren"

You sound like a cyborg man... Just chill brah

c21johnson

Dec 5, 2010
Expect this thread to be deleted upon tonights release. It is just too out of hand and off topic. And yes, you heard correctly -- there will be a release tonight. I made a few discoveries with my stability issues. 2nd init doesn't play nicely with all versions of busybox. Expect minfree values to be baked in, no overclock solution yet.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

MikeJ92YJ

Jul 21, 2011
mista I'm Not Here To Make You My Friend. Sorry. And I'm Not Looking To Start Anything When You And Someone Else Tear Me Down Over An Opinion Yes I Will Defend Myself.

mistawolfe

Nov 21, 2010
mista I'm Not Here To Make You My Friend. Sorry. And I'm Not Looking To Start Anything When You And Someone Else Tear Me Down Over An Opinion Yes I Will Defend Myself.

I'm not asking you to lay down and rolled on, but you seriously try your hardest to start crap every day. I'm sure others can agree with me.

And if you starting typing normal you might get away with some of it ;)

MrWilliams2

Aug 4, 2010
And if you starting typing normal you might get away with some of it ;)

This. I'm not sure you realize how ignorant capitalizing every single word in a sentence makes you look. It's really hard for me to take anything you say seriously. I'm not attacking you. I'm just trying to help.

Expect this thread to be deleted upon tonights release. It is just too out of hand and off topic. And yes, you heard correctly -- there will be a release tonight. I made a few discoveries with my stability issues. 2nd init doesn't play nicely with all versions of busybox. Expect minfree values to be baked in, no overclock solution yet.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Please, please, please start a new thread. This one is out of control!

I REALLY appreciate all of the effort. I don't care which ROM you based your ROM on. I don't care if timestamps match up. I don't care if you stole if from Jesus. I'm just happy it's here and working wonderfully. I'll make sure to buy you a beer!

digital0verdose

Jun 20, 2011
What Does That Have To Do With MinimalX 2.0?

About as much as your confused ranting. You are obviously not willing to listen to reason about the topic of ROMS so I decided not to jump in on that.

I am just curious how a person gets to the point where they treat every sentence as though it were the title of a book. I can see leaving everything lowercase due to laziness, but what you are doing seems like it is a pain in the ass to do unless it is just to annoy people.

MikeJ92YJ

Jul 21, 2011
About as much as your confused ranting. You are obviously not willing to listen to reason about the topic of ROMS so I decided not to jump in on that.

I am just curious how a person gets to the point where they treat every sentence as though it were the title of a book. I can see leaving everything lowercase due to laziness, but what you are doing seems like it is a pain in the ass to do unless it is just to annoy people.

For Everyone Also That Say They Don't Read My Posts Is Obviously B/S Because Your All Commenting On It. Also For Future Feedback Follow The Directions In The Signature And P.M. Me Your Negative Comments, Concerns, And/Or Questions. Thank You And Have A Wonderful Evening. I Know I Will, I'm Gonna Be Waiting For That Update. Sweeeet!

Elite49

Jul 5, 2011
I'm just gonna say it before c21johnson deletes this thread to make his new one. Thanks to those that actually helped with this especially to c21johnson for actually doing something with this phone.

I know nothing of phones but one thing I've learned about Android forums is that...
It's Full Of Tool's And They Know Who They Are, Try Hards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Due to recent controversy of this ROM, I have decided to halt development until I get the more important things settled in my life. Mostly finishing up with summer semester. Id also like to give "due" credit to the original devs of tell chinese ROM. I did use their ROM as a base for initial quick release to please X2 users. The files were highly modified to meet our needs, which indeed entitles it to my custom work... but to clear any possible arguments, I'm posting this so it is the first thing you read, and all is fully understood! As for future releases of minimalX, there is not a single trace of the Chinese ROM remaining. After the initial release, I did a system dump and started from scratch, just keeping the ideas of the original ROM and copying over modifications I had made. I hope this clears everything up.

Thanks to all those who have supported my development. This is a little ridiculous that I am having to do this, but I hope this nullifies any arguments of those who are not contributing to X2 development.

Release version GAMMA 3.0 finally released! See below for download. Sorry, I don't have to release details just yet. Edit: Removed for modifications. It didn't seen compatible with others devices.

Droid X2

Minimal X

screen201107182252.png
    screen201107182253.png
    screen201107182301.png
    screen201107182300.png
    screen201107182315.png

*Disclaimer* This is a beta build of this ROM. It is mostly stable, but hasn't been thoroughly tested by anyone but myself. I decided to release it publicly due to the lack of current ROMs for users to flash. I expect general feedback based up what is currently in the ROM and what I can do to improve it. For legal reasons, flashing this ROM is based on your own decision, if it causes any mishap with your phone, feel free to message me and I will work with you to fix it, but I am in no way responsible for anything you do.

Not a whole lot of time to type this up -- I plan on editing when I have more time and as the build progresses.

This ROM is mostly debloated. Some bloat is left for general function of the phone. I tried to leave any bloat application that applies function to the phone that is otherwise inaccessible. This makes it an awesome base ROM for anyone who wishes to develop.

There are also many edits to system files such as the build.prop, apks, framework, etc. These edits are mostly performance based enhancements, but there are some visual changes as well. I plan on continuing the theme on this ROM based on user input. I may also consider converting back to stock theme and allowing flashable themes for those who wish to have more options. Themes that have been previously created for the Droid X2 (so far, I believe there are a total of three posted at XDA) should be flashable over top of this ROM, but I am making no guarantees. Also added is a sleep mode (accessed by holding power) which lowers power consumption, and turns off wireless signal -- The device is able to be accessed again by holding power. In general, it allows for maximum battery conservation compared to turning off the device.

TLDR;
    • Bloat removed
    • System edits
    • Framework edits
    • Much more...

In future updates, I plan on doing what you, the consumer, wants to happen. Firstly, I plan on cooking SuperCharger into the ROM. And hopefully, in the near future, I can figure out how to overclock this beast.

As for performance, this ROM runs great. I average around 3000 in Quadrant and in AnTuTu Benchmark, I average around 4750.

This ROM is optimized for performance, but doesn't lack on functionality. I hope you all can find great use of it and enjoy the work I have done.

Instructions:
    1. Gain SuperUser access by rooting your device via Gingerbreak.apk
    2. Install recovery
    3. Move ROM (.zip) to external SD card
    4. Boot into Recovery using the APK
    5. [optional] Clear Data/ Factory Reset
    6. [optional] Clear Cache
    7. Choose Install .zip from SD
    8. Choose SD card
    9. Navigate to the ROM (.zip)
    10. Confirm install
    11. Reboot once installation is complete
    12. When rom boots, be sure to firstly make your default keyboard something other than "Moto input method" (explained later)
    13. Enjoy!
    I plan on adding more detailed instructions at a later date...

Known issues:
    • User must change keyboard away from "Moto input method." This keyboard was removed from the build, but hasn't had all traces cleared yet. It will not appear due to most of the structure and APK being removed.
    • Charging battery animation is default
    • Browser search function is faulty. To fix, please install Google Search from the Android Market.

Please let me know of any additional issues you run into!!!

Otherwise, enjoy your DROID X2!

Beta 2.0 (Mirror 1)
    Beta 2.0 (Mirror 2)

NEWEST RELEASE:

GAMMA 3.0 (temp removed)

Lastly, I develop for fun, but if you feel it necessary, donate to the cause.
    Actually, we could make this into a fun drinking game. My 21st birthday is August 1st. I plan on getting $**t housed all day and all that weekend. If you donate, before August 6th, your donation funds will go strictly towards alcohol. If you donate, feel free to message me with what you wish for me to purchase with that given cash (note: if you want something specific, please donate that specific amount, otherwise, it'll probably go towards some PBR). I'll try to take pictures of the drinks before and after (depending on how wasted I am) and I'll message those who donated, or anyone who requests, with what kind of damage was done. Haha, I have some experience under my belt, so, don't take it easy. This should be fun.

Happy Android-ing to everyone!

May the Droid X2 prosper!

This post is not subject to perfect grammar; no one really cares. Enjoy the ROM!
    For those smartasses who don't believe I'll be "returning from the lake," here I am, so feel free to talk your **** now. As for the ROM, I have compiled and edited each bit myself. Some of the files -- very few -- are files from the chinese ROM, but nearly every single one of them have been edited. I did this to save the time of doing a complete system dump and to get quick release to suppress the *****ing of the X2 being a failure of a product. I've been editing and adding additional files over time, while also swapping out files. If you look at the original chinese ROM, which is posted, and compare it to this, you will see very little similarities... So, I dare you to look at them both. Actually, also, flash the chinese ROM and have fun with it. Maybe you will realize that I have designed this ROM. The new update for MinimalX is 100% edited by me. None of the chinese files remain, as they were simply placeholders in the first release. Anything that effects your system, your system performance, and the way this is flashed was created by me.

Really, I don't care anymore. I have been busting my balls to release this next update for everyone -- I've had to SBF my phone at least 20 times in the past week because I'm having a lot of conflict with 2nd init, recovery, baked supercharge, overclock, overlapping code, and compatibility of AOSP.

As for when the update is released, well, due to this, I've stopped development on it for at least this week. I've got more important things to worry about than an accusing, disrespectful, and ungrateful community.

I have all intentions on continuing to develop and post the ROM here. But really, if this is going to be a problem, I would prefer Clown just close this thread and I will keep my development to a private community with controlled access.

EDIT: Hell with it, I will be releasing tonight just to disprove anyone.
    Congratulations on the release of the first custom rom for DX2!
    Screenshots? I would like to see what visual changes have been made - thanks (and thanks for stepping up to the plate).
    Thread closed by OP request.