[Q] How to hard reset a x8?

Search This thread

diego3211

May 9, 2011
how to hard reset the x8, without turning on the device?
because it is freezing at the boot screen ...

Pachira

Jul 28, 2011
i´ve got the same problem.

my xperia want not start.

it hangs on the sony ericsson logo.
i´ve just restore my backup and then it hangs.

anybody here who help us (me)

sorry for my bad english, but im a student and Im from German.
please enhance my english i do my best.

Danke ;)

Denoo

Jun 20, 2011
Topolcany
i need help

I need help :( I just installed my first ROM named froyobread 023b
1 day was all good but now i wanted to play music and i see that:

The application DSPManager (process com.bel.android.dspmanager) has stopped unexpectedl&. Please try again

Im gonna click Force Close. Then i see that
The application HTC_IME mod (process jonasl.ime) has stopped unexpectedl&. Please try again
Then i click again Force Close and again again The application LauncherPro
I CANT DO ANYTHING I CANT GO TO MENU I CANT DO ANYTHING ONLY I CAN IS CLICKING FORCE CLOSE AGAIN AGAIN IM NOW CLICKING IT HALF HOUR ALREADY..
I tried to go to recovery but i cant!! It worked in some hours ago to go to recovery but now it not working! :(
I tried too hard data reset but thats too not working :( !!
Turn the power off. If your Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
Hold the Left and right buttons located beneath the display
Press and release the Power button
Follow the on-screen instructions to hard reset your Xperia X8

What can i do please.. I didnt haved any applications on it, i only want to get back to Sony Ericson rom when i buyed it.. :( How can i ? :( please

taikot@94

Oct 10, 2011
my phone can't start

my x8 still won't start......
it still stuck on the rebooting logo........
it happen when i install the ansroid 2.2
when i restored the backu up file.........
it stuck on the sony logo........

:( it will be nice if i can start using my phone again.....

emannxperia

Jun 3, 2011
Kuching, Sarawak
Try not to restore data if u flashing a new rom. Restoring data from different android version can cause such problem. Fresh install ur apps.

sent from my digital typewriter

E1730812

Oct 10, 2011
I have same problem twice before this. (coz change custom rom :D)

I use SEPC. But ur battery must have atleast 50%.

If ur battery already 0% (can't on anymore), u must charge ur X8 by PC.

Becoz when u charge by charger, battery still 0%.

So, just plugin ur X8 at PC and wait 2-3 hour.

Then open SEPC and follow the step 1 by 1.

lopman

Jul 19, 2011
Just do this

Install pc companium
Take battery out of phone
Plug in usb cabel to pc and device
Then open pc companium select repair phone and wait to it says connect phone then put back battery, and hold back button until the install begin...

Dont forget to press thank button

Sent from my E15i using XDA App

Reactions: valchris

paulotex

Oct 27, 2009
Oxford
Use SEUS

I know this is an old thread, but I was able to solve this issue yesterday. My symptom: the phone wouldn't start. It didn't even get to the Sony Ericsson logo. The only thing it did when I pressed the on/off button was vibrate.

In this state, all other suggestions here don't work, because they need a working phone. Even SE's PC Companion needs a working phone.

The solution is Sony Ericssons Update Service (SEUS). This is tricky, because SEUS is not an official download for this phone. However, if you go the SE's site and search for software for another non-android phone, you'll find it. I used the W910 phone.

Install it and just follow the instructions on the screen (basically, with the phone off, connect it to the USB cable while pressing the back key). It will install the official 2.1 android! You'll have a restored phone ready for 2.3 and beyond! :D

Reactions: nazz.rule

fredrikaw

Oct 18, 2011
Helsingborg
I tried Sony Ericsson PC Companion when my phone was stuck on bootscreen. In my case, a small dialog box came up in the right lower part of the screen which said "Your X8 is connected".

If this doesn't work; open PC Companion, klick on "Uppgrade your phone". Then choose "Restore your phone". Then follow the onscreen progress and your phone will be reseted and should work normaly.
Of course the phone has Android 2.1 :(

lsalamun

Mar 15, 2011
Varaždin
lsdesign.xyz
Firstly, read other forum's, @Denoo start a new thread.

The easiest way is to unlock with SEUS. How?
1. Download SEUS http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/mobilephones/downloads/subject/updateservice/elm?cc=hr&lc=hr (Click on download now, don't worry, it isn't just for Elm, it's for all phones)
2. Install & start SEUS and follow on-screen instructions - Turn off your phone, press and hold back button and put usb cabel in the phone (still pressing the back button), then when the download starts, stop pressing the back button.
3. When installation finishes, turn on your phone.

Note: On your phone is all data deleted after flashing this software. SEUS flashes original and clean firmwares, so you can still hold your warranty papers.

If SEUS update didn't work, then try flashing firmware with Flashtool. (Search in X8 Android development section this Guide).

Reactions: nazz.rule

saintckk

Feb 9, 2011
my x8 still won't start......
it still stuck on the rebooting logo........
it happen when i install the ansroid 2.2
when i restored the backu up file.........
it stuck on the sony logo........

:( it will be nice if i can start using my phone again.....

Use PCC to repair and restore your phone to original SE stock ROM!

1) Connect the phone to your PC

2) Start your PCC, find the "repair" option, follow the instructions

3) When asked to hold the "back" button and plug in the USB cable, just to it and it will flash the original ROM for you.

4) When finish, follow the instruction to unplug your phone and reboot

5) END OF THE STORY!

you will lose all your data!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just do this

Install pc companium
    Take battery out of phone
    Plug in usb cabel to pc and device
    Then open pc companium select repair phone and wait to it says connect phone then put back battery, and hold back button until the install begin...

Dont forget to press thank button

Sent from my E15i using XDA App
    Use SEUS

I know this is an old thread, but I was able to solve this issue yesterday. My symptom: the phone wouldn't start. It didn't even get to the Sony Ericsson logo. The only thing it did when I pressed the on/off button was vibrate.

In this state, all other suggestions here don't work, because they need a working phone. Even SE's PC Companion needs a working phone.

The solution is Sony Ericssons Update Service (SEUS). This is tricky, because SEUS is not an official download for this phone. However, if you go the SE's site and search for software for another non-android phone, you'll find it. I used the W910 phone.

Install it and just follow the instructions on the screen (basically, with the phone off, connect it to the USB cable while pressing the back key). It will install the official 2.1 android! You'll have a restored phone ready for 2.3 and beyond! :D
    Firstly, read other forum's, @Denoo start a new thread.

The easiest way is to unlock with SEUS. How?
    1. Download SEUS http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/mobilephones/downloads/subject/updateservice/elm?cc=hr&lc=hr (Click on download now, don't worry, it isn't just for Elm, it's for all phones)
    2. Install & start SEUS and follow on-screen instructions - Turn off your phone, press and hold back button and put usb cabel in the phone (still pressing the back button), then when the download starts, stop pressing the back button.
    3. When installation finishes, turn on your phone.

Note: On your phone is all data deleted after flashing this software. SEUS flashes original and clean firmwares, so you can still hold your warranty papers.

If SEUS update didn't work, then try flashing firmware with Flashtool. (Search in X8 Android development section this Guide).